Leroy's Sammie Coates

amsterjam

Sammie is probably the biggest 'sleeper' in this recruiting class.  He is going to be the next Darin Bates....a 2* who started as a true freshman!

Sammie is probably the biggest 'sleeper' in this recruiting class.  He is going to be the next Darin Bates....a 2* who started as a true freshman!

I agree. He has been my sleeper pick since the day he committed. Reminds me of T- Zach.

I agree. He has been my sleeper pick since the day he committed. Reminds me of T- Zach.

Same here. definately one of my favorites love to see guys like this come out and be great and be able to say i knew it. i think angelo blackson could be a sleeper too.

I think with a redshirt year and 30 pounds of muscle added to that frame Sammie Coates could be the physical freak that we haven't had at the wideout position in a long, long time.  

I think with a redshirt year and 30 pounds of muscle added to that frame Sammie Coates could be the physical freak that we haven't had at the wideout position in a long, long time.  

This he has the speed of tim carter and if he can get into the 200lb range he will be a monster wr.

do you think he would be rated higher if he didnt come from 3A?

Yes but leroy is 2A.  Also had he not broken his ankle I think he would have graded higher because all the tape I have seen is just after his injury.  But, watching him live this year he looks much faster and stronger.

Courtney Taylor maybe?

Coates has out of this world potential. I like the comparison to Devin Aromashodu, actually: absolutely incredible speed for his size. Sammie is the kind of guy I expect to take a redshirt year (because of the amount of talent at receiver, not because he couldn't contribute), put on 25 lbs of muscle, and play at around 6'3, 195-200 as a freshman. Combine that size with that speed and you've got a HUGE home run threat.

I'm still rather perturbed that he didn't get a fourth star.

Coates has out of this world potential. I like the comparison to Devin Aromashodu, actually: absolutely incredible speed for his size. Sammie is the kind of guy I expect to take a redshirt year (because of the amount of talent at receiver, not because he couldn't contribute), put on 25 lbs of muscle, and play at around 6'3, 195-200 as a freshman. Combine that size with that speed and you've got a HUGE home run threat.

I'm still rather perturbed that he didn't get a fourth star.

No see not getting a fourth is a good thing because that means we don't have to worry about other schools trying to get him.

Archived