2015 3* JUCO DL/TE Ricky Parks (Southern Miss signee)

RunInRed

Just saw that BCW attendee Justin Meredith has committed to UNC. Can't hurt our chances w/ Parks.

Meredith was indeed a Big Cat attendee, but several sites say he didn't have a committable offer from Auburn. People are saying that with Hutchison already in the fold, Parks is the only other TE that we will take at this time. That may be why Meredith took UNC's offer.

Supposedly, we felt so good about Parks we turned down a commitment form Meredith, we'll see.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to freak out folks, but apparently Parks is going to stick to his original plan, "cross all his T's and dot his I's", and visit his other two finalists one more time before making his decision. He plans to visit ua on either Tues. or Wed. of next week and then head to uga shortly after that, before returning to AUBURN to compete in the Tigers' 7-on-7 team camp on June 9-10. Parks had already planned to stay over after that camp and spend more time visiting with the AU coaches!  ;)

:we:

So we are looking at a mid June commit?  ;)

To 1 of the 3 schools that I mentioned... YES!  :) Also, if it makes a difference... to my knowledge, Parks hasn't been back to ua since he visited for their Jr. Day back in late Jan. (after which he named them his leader), so this will make just his 2nd trip there for the year... and I BELIEVE that he has only visited uga a couple of times in the past TWO years! So,  to me, the fact that he has visited AU THREE TIMES in the past month alone (once just to bring his father back to show him what he had seen), coupled with the fact that AU is only an hour away from his home, and that Parks is already VERY close to several of the AU coaches, players, and current commits (he's REALLY good friends with Josh Holsey, Geno Smith, and Jaquay Williams, and he's known Quan Bray "since the 7th grade") puts us in PRIME position!

No need to freak out folks, but apparently Parks is going to stick to his original plan, "cross all his T's and dot his I's", and visit his other two finalists one more time before making his decision. He plans to visit ua on either Tues. or Wed. of next week and then head to uga shortly after that, before returning to AUBURN to compete in the Tigers' 7-on-7 team camp on June 9-10. Parks had already planned to stay over after that camp and spend more time visiting with the AU coaches!  ;)

So DJ, any idea what other 2012 prospects of ours will be on campus for the 7 on 7 deal later this week?

Just passing along some info but a pretty reliable guy I know said that when Parks went to UGA last week, he pretty much told them he was going to AU. TIFWIW but I trust the guy. He's a pretty big UGA guy too.

Just passing along some info but a pretty reliable guy I know said that when Parks went to UGA last week, he pretty much told them he was going to AU. TIFWIW but I trust the guy. He's a pretty big UGA guy too.

This is great news if true.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wedance:

So DJ, any idea what other 2012 prospects of ours will be on campus for the 7 on 7 deal later this week?

I'm not sure. I know that Javiie Mitchell is planning on coming to one, but I'm not sure which. HERE is a good write-up on all of the up-coming camps at AU!  :)

A great TE is EXTREMELY valuable in our O. We picked up Lutz, then Fulse, and now it looks we may be adding Parks. These coaches are AUsome!!!

When is Jaquay going to commit? Are the coaches holding his commit right now? :-\

Check the Jaquay thread. lol

DJ how come the camps don't use the current indoor practice facility or the soccer complex. The intramural field isn't as impressive as the other facilities.

DJ how come the camps don't use the current indoor practice facility or the soccer complex. The intramural field isn't as impressive as the other facilities.

Not sure. I would think that it has to do with the construction that's going on with all of the practice fields.

ChadSimmons_ Chad Simmons

Hoganville (GA) Callaway TE Ricky Parks will be announcing his decision June 10 around 4pm. Still getting details. Alabama, Auburn or UGA.

In anticipation of his announcement, I welcome Ricky to the AU family.  We already know that he's All In.

Parks is set to announce, most think AU is in very good shape...

Hoganville (GA) Callaway TE Ricky Parks will be announcing his decision June 10 around 4pm. Still getting details. Alabama, Auburn or UGA.

@ChadSimmons

Parks is set to announce, most think AU is in very good shape...

@ChadSimmons

Come on down, Ricky. Coach Gus will make ya famous.

I think people feel that when we didn't accept Meredith's commit and he went to UNC, that meant we felt we were getting Parks. Hope they're right.

Ideal H-Back/TE prospect for this offense. AU really turned him ... it was a clear Alabama/Georgia battle early on.

As the private commit who would make it public shortly after BCW?  Curious, casue AUST made that statement prior to BCW and it seemed as if Parks jumped on board during.  Maybe I'm just greedy and hoping for more.  :thumbsup:

Archived