Recruiting Rant

aupops2

Too civil to put in the rant board.   I do not want to hear about our WR prospects(except for DGB or SD), or our QB, RB or ATH prospects, not even concerned about our DB prospects(except for DB and CJ);  I want to hear good things about our OL and DT, and most importantly our LB prospects!!

We are only taking two, possibly three LBs as of now.  Cassanova, Javiie, and Kwon.

really do wish we'd consider pushing for Keith Brown. He's a big LB and an early enrollee

We are only taking two, possibly three LBs as of now.  Cassanova, Javiie, and Kwon.

really do wish we'd consider pushing for Keith Brown. He's a big LB and an early enrollee

I agree but he visited Clemson this past weekend and apparently was very impressed.

One in the holding corral, two still in the pasture.  Rest of the pasture is empty. 

One in the holding corral, two still in the pasture.  Rest of the pasture is empty. 

Is it possible we flip Reuben Foster?

Is it possible we flip Reuben Foster?

Foster is a class of 2013 prospect.

Ok good. He's the kind of rangy lb we need. Him and frost should Play really well off of each other if frost is as good as advertised. I also thought rah rah played really well and hope to see him become the lb I always hoped he would be.

Ok good. He's the kind of rangy lb we need. Him and frost should Play really well off of each other if frost is as good as advertised. I also thought rah rah played really well and hope to see him become the lb I always hoped he would be.

I watched the Army AA game last year, and thought that Frost was a) close to the best LB on the field and B) had more potential for getting even better than any other LB on the field. After watching that game I was honestly MUCH more excited about getting Frost than I was Calloway, who I thought really played a little half heartedly.

i think we should focus on the defensive side of the ball for a little bit. we obviously can get great athletes on the offensive side. we seem to settle for 3*'s every year. y? yes, some 3*'s are just as good as 4*'s but we need more focus on that side. the offense works. it would work with scrubs. the d is what we need to focus on at least for 1 or 2 years

i think we should focus on the defensive side of the ball for a little bit. we obviously can get great athletes on the offensive side. we seem to settle for 3*'s every year. y? yes, some 3*'s are just as good as 4*'s but we need more focus on that side. the offense works. it would work with scrubs. the d is what we need to focus on at least for 1 or 2 years

I agree we need to focus on defense but I had to realize that (not knocking on our defense or coaches but...) it might be a little harder because our defense hasn't been stellar. Especially with us competing in the best conference and division of football with LSU and bama who consistently puts guys in the league.  That's a great selling point for them and for us at the quarterback position....ie,Cam Newton, Kiehl Frazier, and Zeke Pike.  This all my opinion not fact.  However, we are getting our fair share though and I see it increasing as our defense learns and improves.  Then recruits and parents can see the benefit of playing on defense.

I agree we need to focus on defense but I had to realize that (not knocking on our defense or coaches but...) it might be a little harder because our defense hasn't been stellar. Especially with us competing in the best conference and division of football with LSU and bama who consistently puts guys in the league.  That's a great selling point for them and for us at the quarterback position....ie,Cam Newton, Kiehl Frazier, and Zeke Pike.  This all my opinion not fact.   However, we are getting our fair share though and I see it increasing as our defense learns and improves.  Then recruits and parents can see the benefit of playing on defense.

we need to take some of these athletes we get and place them on defense instead of on offense. theres no need in going 15 deep at the wr position and 7 deep at rb

It's easier to recruit bluechip defenders to play on a bad defense than it is blue chip offensive players for a bad offense.

I can't say I agree with this 100%. No offense Devil. I think big time prospects are attracted to a school based on seeing a great team whether that be O or D. Going into the NFL may be a factor. But, certainly seeing a great Defense on the field makes them want to be a part of that and learn to play like that.

Comparing us to our biggest rival, Alabama - their D right now is very good. They're fast, aggressive and they tackle awfully well. We just tackle, well, awful. I don't follow their recruiting so don't know who they have committed. But, I imagine there are a lot of guys wanting to play for them.

I still think we'll get our guys. LB could be a good class for us. DB should also be.

But, to say our bad defense will attract good players is a bit ambitious for me.

War Eagle

I watched the Army AA game last year, and thought that Frost was a) close to the best LB on the field and B) had more potential for getting even better than any other LB on the field. After watching that game I was honestly MUCH more excited about getting Frost than I was Calloway, who I thought really played a little half heartedly.

I agree...

Frost was much more visible and active on that day than any other LB in the game...

Caught my eye and impressed me...

I agree we need to focus on defense but I had to realize that (not knocking on our defense or coaches but...) it might be a little harder because our defense hasn't been stellar. Especially with us competing in the best conference and division of football with LSU and bama who consistently puts guys in the league.  That's a great selling point for them and for us at the quarterback position....ie,Cam Newton, Kiehl Frazier, and Zeke Pike.  This all my opinion not fact.   However, we are getting our fair share though and I see it increasing as our defense learns and improves.  Then recruits and parents can see the benefit of playing on defense.

we need to take some of these athletes we get and place them on defense instead of on offense. theres no need in going 15 deep at the wr position and 7 deep at rb

You mean like Kris Frost and Jermaine Whitehead? Or Robenson Therezie and Craig Sanders?

You mean like Kris Frost and Jermaine Whitehead? Or Robenson Therezie and Craig Sanders?

Or even Erique Florence or Ryan White?

Archived