2013 5* QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State signee)

TigerWar

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread confounds me.  Is he a transfer or a Penn State commit?  Will this thread move back to College Football or will it move to General Chat? Is Mcdover truly offended about the Pike joke?  Are these questions sarcastic or are they legitimate questions about the thread?  

I don't know.

I'd take him. I don't see Jason Smith taking snaps in the future. Christian would be our 2nd QB for the class and Jason could be our ATH. Now let's finish recruiting a RB, OL, and the rest Def. guys. Problem solved.

This thread confounds me.  Is he a transfer or a Penn State commit?  Will this thread move back to College Football or will it move to General Chat? Is Mcdover truly offended about the Pike joke?  Are these questions sarcastic or are they legitimate questions about the thread?  

I don't know.

Hackenberg is a PSU commit but he told the PSU coaches if the penalties tomorrow are too harsh that he may call USCe and Auburn if needed.

I don't know.

He is a commit but told the PSU coaches if the penalties tomorrow weren't too bad that he may call USCe and Auburn if needed.

So, he is saying that if the PSU penalties are harsh, he is staying?  If the penalties aren't too bad, he will call USCe or Auburn. 

:timeout:

I officially give up on this thread.   

I agree wholeheartedly; just like a thread about a high school recruit considering Auburn shouldn't be moved to college football. I figured a thread on "Penn State Transfers" belonged in the "College Football Forum" but what do I know.

I left it up because the discussion was about whether or not the Penn State players who transfer would come to Auburn or not, and considering that would be kind of like getting a JUCO player, I figured it was relevant here. Perhaps there would be no true recruiting involved, but nevertheless, it fits into the whole potential future tigers thing.

That being said, it doesn't really bother me one way or the other where it is, I was just pointing out the relevance for it remaining here. It fits in College Football at least as well, especially considering the odds of us going after one of their current players is somewhere between slim and none, heavy on the none side. :laugh:

I don't know.

Commit, not moving, maybe, sarcastic.

Correct.

Still think AU is too impressed with JJ to risk him decommitting due to us looking at someone else though. But the thing about this recruiting game is I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again, so...

I don't think USCe would take Hackenberg. Mitch was only going to a school that was willing to only take one QB this year. As has been mentioned elsewhere, Old Ball Coach is all about his QB and I just can't imagine him going back on his word there.

I've read that PSU is facing a couple of scholarships lost and potentially losing a year or two of bowl games. If that's the case, I don't see that being enough to force Hackenberg out.

I don't think USCe would take Hackenberg. Mitch was only going to a school that was willing to only take one QB this year. As has been mentioned elsewhere, Old Ball Coach is all about his QB and I just can't imagine him going back on his word there.

I've read that PSU is facing a couple of scholarships lost and potentially losing a year or two of bowl games. If that's the case, I don't see that being enough to force Hackenberg out.

As always thanks for the 411 Jonesy.

I was under the impression that the two year bowl ban is what's going to keep Hackenberg away from PSU. All speculation of course.

Hearing that the penalties are going to be even worse than the death penalty. I'm hearing a three year post season ban and a one or two year tv ban.

There's no doubt in my mind that Hackenberg is out at Penn State.

I'm hearing that Penn State would have been better served getting the death penalty and shutting the program down for one year than what they're about to get.

I can't say for sure, TigerWar. Obviously this is a guy that I don't know all that much about so it's hard to say what his priorities are. If they get sanctions such as a 1-2 year bowl ban, I don't see any reason for that not to start with the upcoming season. In that regard, Hackenberg would only suffer through that penalty his freshman year, if at all. I would assume that most guys would not consider that in their decision.

We'll see. We've got to wait for a lot to unfold before we're in a position to court the kid.

ESPN was acting like PSU was going to get worse than USC and they lost 20+ scholarships and a 2 year bowl ban. I think they have set the expectations so high that the punishment won't seem bad enough.

ESPN was acting like PSU was going to get worse than USC and they lost 20+ scholarships and a 2 year bowl ban. I think they have set the expectations so high that the punishment won't seem bad enough.

The BSPN "source" said that the death penalty would probably be better than the sanctions PSU will get tomorrow. You can never tell though. BSPN likes to play things up, as we all know. This 8 a.m. presser is going to be historic, one way or the other.

Yeah, ESPN will hype it up and then cover the hell out of it. We'll have no choice but to surrender to their top notch reporting  ;)

This conversation should have a direction tomorrow (later today) when we have an idea of the sanctions. If they rival USCw's, then I can see this Hackenberg thread taking off. PSU won't be able to handle sanctions on that level the way that USCw has.

Hearing they will get bowl bans, death penalty for 1 season, loss of schollies, and fines. If true, DANG!

Short of the death penalty, but they'll wish they got it. Word is the fines could be as high as 30 million.

iHackenberg is a commit to Penn State at the moment. He will prob decommit after hearing sanctions imo. He is an excellent qb i just don't see that happening at the moment.  Like always thingss can change quickly in recruiting.

Hearing they will get bowl bans, death penalty for 1 season, loss of schollies, and fines. If true, DANG!

Short of the death penalty, but they'll wish they got it. Word is the fines could be as high as 30 million.

I heard as high as 60 million this morning on Yahoo radio.

Archived