Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is supposed to have an Oktoberfest,Tumbler(brown ale), Vienna Lager and Pale Ale. The Beer Camp packs sold out quickly here as well. Luckily I was able to make it to a tap takeover and try 3 of them. Very good.

They were supposed to have stopped producing Tumbler. Guess they'll just put it in mixed packs now.

Flipside red IPA replaced it as their fall seasonal, but I think that was a mistake on their part. It's not nearly as good as Tumbler was.

Stopped by World of Beer in Bham last night with a group of friends. I highly recommend the place. Our wait staff was friendly and attentive. The food manager even stopped by for a chat. Just a really neat experience sampling and sharing 6 drafts (Weihenstephaner Hefe, Avery the Reverend, GP Snake Handler, Oskar Blues Old Chub Nitro, Southern Star Bombshell Blond, Stillwater Debutante) and 4 bottles (Stone Ruination IPA, Delerium Nocturnum, Troubadour Magma, Innis & Gunn Toasted Oak IPA.) Awesome!

p.s. get the $8 pretzel and beer cheese. I ate two!

Would of Beer Birmingham will be highlighting a year of Stone Brewing Company in Alabama on August 29th 6PM by offering a Stone 10 tap special. Stone Arbalest, Reason be Damned and Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard are all confirmed. They are also going to have quadrotriticale and their new seasonal coffee milk stout.

I really like Landshark. It is my goto beer.

That entire beer style is just one I don't care for...the American Adjunct Lager. It's the same style as Bud, Miller High Life, Coors...basically all the macro brews. Rather flavorless and has to be absolutely ice cold to make it drinkable.

I did pick up a sixer of Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale. Holy smokes that stuff is awesome.

Also grabbed a single of Aventinus Eisbock and Good People Coffee Oatmeal Stout. I'll report on those when I've tried them.

They were supposed to have stopped producing Tumbler. Guess they'll just put it in mixed packs now.

That better not be true. Autumn Tumbler is one of the best beers EVAR.

Had a Bell's Two Hearted Ale and a Westbrook White Thai at lunch. Pretty good stuff. Personally, I'd give the Bell's an A and the Westbrook a solid B.

I did pick up a sixer of Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale. Holy smokes that stuff is awesome.

They also have Backwoods Bastard, which is the Dirty Bastard aged in bourbon barrels. Great beer in either incantation.

That better not be true. Autumn Tumbler is one of the best beers EVAR.

I'm pretty sure they've cut out the 6 packs completely this year. I'm trying to remember if they had it in 6ers last year because Flipside's launch was that Fall also.

Even though I'm over the top about supporting Alabama stuff, especially breweries, I avoided Blue Pants Brewery out of Madison for ages. I think their name and branding is absolutely terrible. Well, their bottle creative is actually good, but their logo and name are terrible.

So, I finally got around to trying their flagship - the Knickerbocker. It's an American Red. It's fantastic. Really really good. Their double IPA is solid as well.

Their logo still sucks.

Even though I'm over the top about supporting Alabama stuff, especially breweries, I avoided Blue Pants Brewery out of Madison for ages. I think their name and branding is absolutely terrible. Well, their bottle creative is actually good, but their logo and name are terrible.

So, I finally got around to trying their flagship - the Knickerbocker. It's an American Red. It's fantastic. Really really good. Their double IPA is solid as well.

Their logo still sucks.

Everything I've had of theirs has been well below average. I think they fired their head brewmaster fairly recently, so maybe the quality has come up.

And yes, their branding is horrible.

I definitely like Straight to Ale better, if we want to compare breweries in that area.

Gose, like berlinnerweiss, is not a very common style in America. I recently picked this up from Anderson Valley. Very nice tartness. 4.2%.

I've been drinking this stuff by the truckload (almost, but you get the idea) all summer. I prefer the Westbrook Gose, but the Anderson Valley is good.

Gose, like berlinnerweiss, is not a very common style in America. I recently picked this up from Anderson Valley. Very nice tartness. 4.2%.

I've been drinking this stuff by the truckload (almost, but you get the idea) all summer. I prefer the Westbrook Gose, but the Anderson Valley is good.

Westbrook gets spotty distribution in Colorado. They dumped some here to test the waters and pulled out. I really would like to try their gose.

The Anderson Valley might be the only one available around here. One store is completely sold out, while another one I go to has cases upon cases.

Picked up a six pack of Samuel Adams Octoberfest. A little treat to sip on tomorrow night watching South Carolina and Texas A&M.

Having a Guinness foreign extra while I get started on today's vittles.

not%2Bbad%2Bobama.jpg

Got growlers of Chimay Blue and Red for when company gets here. Happy game day, errbody!

Archived