2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

Two things I noticed in the pictures of his commitment. First, his dad looks like he could play right now. Also Deshaun Davis is on crutches.

Deshaun had an ACL injury; won't play this fall.

Oh, thanks. Anything to worry about?

Surgery went fine! He won't play this fall of course but he'll be good to go come his freshman season..

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good pickup I'm sure. Only watched that one film on him in the first post. One questions though The thread title says he's 5* but the first post has him as a 4* on all the sites. Did they upgrade their ranking for him recently?

If a 4* commits to Bama, he is a 5*. If a 5* commits to AU, he is a 4*.

Interesting. He says according to @BenThomasPreps that he will take other visits. This one isn't likely going to be over until NSD.

Why....I'm sure that now that Williams has committed to AU the rest of the schools will honor that commitment and leave the poor guy alone. Right ? :-\

"I’m old-fashioned. I think a commitment is a commitment."

Nick Saban

Now that Tre gave his commitment to Auburn, it's just a matter of time til NS offers him. He only offers guys who commits to us first.

As I have said before this is just straight up, flat incorrect. While Saban may try to flip Tre, Bama offered him a long time ago.

Had he committed to uat though, he wouldn't be able to do this so since he wants to look around, he couldn't have committed to them in the first place. I'm NOT saying I think Auburn will lose him, it's just that Saban wouldn't allow him to be committed and look around. He would lose his offer right there.

The staff if cool with Tre taking visits. If they did not want him to then he wouldn't.

Good pickup I'm sure. Only watched that one film on him in the first post. One questions though The thread title says he's 5* but the first post has him as a 4* on all the sites. Did they upgrade their ranking for him recently?

He was a 5* when 247 was the first service to rate him. ESPN has him the lowest at 74th overall 4 *, 247 now has him 47th overall, Scout has him 39th overall and 4* (if he stays there on Scout he has a high chance of getting a 5th * with them as they usually give out 40-45 five *s by NSD), Rivals has him 35th overall with a 4*,, and the industry composite has him 39th overall with a 4* (.23 points away from a 5*, very very close)

Interesting. He says according to @BenThomasPreps that he will take other visits. This one isn't likely going to be over until NSD.

Why....I'm sure that now that Williams has committed to AU the rest of the schools will honor that commitment and leave the poor guy alone. Right ? :-\

Nick Saban

Ah....that answers my question then. I knew we had nothing to worry about. So let's move along to pick up another top LB to play along side this guy.

Nick Saban

Ah....that answers my question then. I knew we had nothing to worry about. So let's move along to pick up another top LB to play along side this guy.

Deshaun Davis says HELLO

Nick Saban

Deshaun Davis says HELLO

Thanks....and was just checking the al.com responses to the commitment and bammers are going crazy denying they had any interest in him or that he is really that good. The kid must really be something special to get about 400+ bammer comments on a simple two para. article on his decision. WE

Nick Saban

Deshaun Davis says HELLO

Thanks....and was just checking the al.com responses to the commitment and bammers are going crazy denying they had any interest in him or that he is really that good. The kid must really be something special to get about 400+ bammer comments on a simple two para. article on his decision. WE

TIFWIW but BOL says the LB Whitley took Williams' spot. What I think happened is Bama took Whitley because they knew they were not getting Tre out of CDC's grasp.. With Bama eliminating itself Tre figured why wait any longer so he went ahead and committed.

Nick Saban

Deshaun Davis says HELLO

TIFWIW but BOL says the LB Whitley took Williams' spot. What I think happened is Bama took Whitley because they knew they were not getting Tre out of CDC's grasp.. With Bama eliminating itself Tre figured why wait any longer so he went ahead and committed.

EXACTAMUNDO!!! :hellyeah: :hellyeah:

Palms to forehead re the comment section Bamzos after that Bean article. Which college football program in Alabama just got off a decade + of sanctions for cheating and which has not violated an NCAA rule since 1992 (our 1 year ,1995 probation)?

This more than makes up for the SDH loss. I wanted TW a good bit more than him to start with. DC is a lockdown recruiter.

Deshaun Davis made up for the SDH loss. Getting Tre is continuing on the right course.

I listened to an interview with Ben Thomas yesterday (who predicted he would go to uat by the way). He said that Tre is a good kid, very reserved and respectful. He said on the field he is a star. He hits like a truck. He also said that he feels Tre will stay with AU for a few reasons...

1) DC

2) His close friends are all going to AU

3) Depth chart (not a big reason but it helps)

I listened to an interview with Ben Thomas yesterday (who predicted he would go to uat by the way). He said that Tre is a good kid, very reserved and respectful. He said on the field he is a star. He hits like a truck. He also said that he feels Tre will stay with AU for a few reasons...

1) DC

2) His close friends are all going to AU

3) Depth chart (not a big reason but it helps)

He originally picked AU but changedl just before Tre's announcement. I think Tre will be one of the "crown jewels" of this class regardless of who else we sign.

The updykes simply can't stand for us to have ANY positive press. :laugh: They are so insecure, even after winning 3 of 4 MNCs! But the reason it's ratcheted up is they see Gus a'commin! It's only going to get funnier as we go. Expect something from Sheridan or someone of his ilk to be gearing up another conspiracy to drop during Fall Practice. One of them won't be able to stop themselves.

:AUBig:

Archived