2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free write up on Tre from the Rivals Challenge

Williams best coverage LB in SEC country?

Coming into the weekend, the majority of the analyst team believed outside linebacker Dillon Bates was going to be the best linebacker in coverage, but Mobile (Ala.) St. Paul's Tre Williams had other ideas. Williams was by far the best mid-level defender and nabbed an interception to earn his team's first points. He had several other passes defended and was always around the ball. We knew his instincts were good, but he showed us they were great throughout the entirety of the tournament.

When we saw him at the RCS Birmingham, he flashed good cover ability against some of the region's top athletes. However, his closing speed and lateral agility defending some of the game's best skill players exceeded our expectations. He is always around the ball and closes in a hurry. Bottom line, he was the best defensive player on a stacked team of defenders. Link

Great job Tre!! Just know nick satan will be after even more so now!! He doesnt want AU to have an even playing field of talent because 9 times out of 10 he would loose the battle!! Stay strong when bama and satan comes calling, dont believe the hype about satan is the route to the nfl!!! WDE

Great job Tre!! Just know nick satan will be after even more so now!! He doesnt want AU to have an even playing field of talent because 9 times out of 10 he would loose the battle!! Stay strong when bama and satan comes calling, dont believe the hype about satan is the route to the nfl!!! WDE

Most we really turn stuff to Saban when the man is not even mentioned in an article? It's getting very old.

Most we really turn stuff to Saban when the man is not even mentioned in an article? It's getting very old.

Just letting it be known out there that this is how he operates! Just hope the kid has a mind of his own. Im not worried about satan at all! WDE

Just letting it be known out there that this is how he operates! Just hope the kid has a mind of his own. Im not worried about satan at all! WDE

We all know how he operates. We also know Coach Dameyune Craig has the Mobile Area on lockdown plus Tre is already recruiting very strongly for Auburn so stop worrying.

We all know how he operates. We also know Coach Dameyune Craig has the Mobile Area on lockdown plus Tre is already recruiting very strongly for Auburn so stop worrying.

Amen. I'm sick of hearing about the little man on the left side of the state. Auburn Is, and always will be, a great place. War Eagle!

Not dissing any of the LBs we signed recently as they may turn out to be world beaters. But this is the kind of LB we have been needing to sign for the last 3+ years. I'm ready to see AU LBs knocking people backwards on a consistant basis instead of holding on for dear life! WE Tre!

Not dissing any of the LBs we signed recently as they may turn out to be world beaters. But this is the kind of LB we have been needing to sign for the last 3+ years. I'm ready to see AU LBs knocking people backwards on a consistant basis instead of holding on for dear life! WE Tre!

Last year I would have settled for hanging on for dear life... instead they all just seemed to tackle air..

Amen. I'm sick of hearing about the little man on the left side of the state. Auburn Is, and always will be, a great place. War Eagle!

Nick Saban has one more year in T-town before he starts sliding, IMO. I expect Gus to be much the same counter to Saban that Spurrier was to Stallings. Stallings only beat Spurrier once, if memory serves me.

I think you are right Red about Stallings beating Spurrier just once. That is dissing sabear by comparing him to Stallings. I'm sure Gus would love to equal the success of Spurrier @ UF as well. I think you are spot on with your analogy though. Even The Death Star had a weakness and if Gus can assemble enough talent he has proven that he can exploit sabear on gameday!

I think you are right Red about Stallings beating Spurrier just once. That is dissing sabear by comparing him to Stallings. I'm sure Gus would love to equal the success of Spurrier @ UF as well. I think you are spot on with your analogy though. Even The Death Star had a weakness and if Gus can assemble enough talent he has proven that he can exploit sabear on gameday!

Not meant as a shot at Little Nicky, but Stallings won a NC in 92 in far more dominating fashion than Saban has gone through any season in his career, then won the SEC West 3 of the next 4 years, he just lost to Spurrier in the championship game each time.

Saban is not the god of coaching he is being made out to be. Took him five years to win more than 7 games at Michigan State. Gus has only one season on his record when he was less than extremely successful, and that one season was when Chizik handcuffed him.

It's really easy to win when you get all the good players.

I cannot believe you just said Saban gets "all the good players" in a Tre

Williams thread. I don't know you, but I definitely don't agree with you.

I'm thinking of all the classes he's gotten since he's been there. NOT about players we've gotten or will get. You can disagree with me all you want, but you can't disagree that Saban has stocked and stacked his program.

I'm thinking of all the classes he's gotten since he's been there. NOT about players we've gotten or will get. You can disagree with me all you want, but you can't disagree that Saban has stocked and stacked his program.

Which is exactly what he is supposed to do. Its not as if AU has not had a fair shot at most if not all of the players Bama has signed. Simple fact is he is selling something in a way AU has not, cause if he weren't, then the players would not have gone to Bama. I may not like the man, but complaining about him getting the best players is just silly since it is his job. Just because he has done a better job in recent years does not mean that we cannot improve and eventually equal or surpass him in the future. Personally, I wish that AU had coaches in the past who recruited as well as Saban. I hope that now AU has coaches who can recruit and coach as well as Saban and his staff.

Which is exactly what he is supposed to do. Its not as if AU has not had a fair shot at most if not all of the players Bama has signed. Simple fact is he is selling something in a way AU has not, cause if he weren't, then the players would not have gone to Bama. I may not like the man, but complaining about him getting the best players is just silly since it is his job. Just because he has done a better job in recent years does not mean that we cannot improve and eventually equal or surpass him in the future. Personally, I wish that AU had coaches in the past who recruited as well as Saban. I hope that now AU has coaches who can recruit and coach as well as Saban and his staff.

You're joking about Auburn having a fair shot at signing those players aren't you? It was about as fair as me a 6'2 1/2 255 lbs man, karate sparring with a 12 year old.

We've gotten good players. We have. Just Saban's gotten better classes, and then they coach the mistakes out of them, instill discipline, and have good systems if they have the right players. And they do. We've come up short in developing our guys. In general. This, I believe, has already begun to change.

Will he play LB or the star position? I only ask because I thought in this defensive scheme the LBs won't have as much coverage responsibility. TIA

Will he play LB or the star position? I only ask because I thought in this defensive scheme the LBs won't have as much coverage responsibility. TIA

He's an LB. His abilitity to cover RBs will free up the Star player even more and allow Coach Johnson to do alot with the D

iirc Tre' himself said EJ might try him out at Star. Also, at USCe, EJ did use a LB at Star a little bit. Shaq Wilson, again iirc.

iirc Tre' himself said EJ might try him out at Star. Also, at USCe, EJ did use a LB at Star a little bit. Shaq Wilson, again iirc.

Had not seen that from CEJ.

Archived