2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. He says according to @BenThomasPreps that he will take other visits. This one isn't likely going to be over until NSD.

Why....I'm sure that now that Williams has committed to AU the rest of the schools will honor that commitment and leave the poor guy alone. Right ? :-\

Haha, exactly.

Had he committed to uat though, he wouldn't be able to do this so since he wants to look around, he couldn't have committed to them in the first place. I'm NOT saying I think Auburn will lose him, it's just that Saban wouldn't allow him to be committed and look around. He would lose his offer right there.

I'm tentatively happy, and I say that because stranger things have happened, and I don't think it's safe to count Bama and Saban out just yet, even though they have more LBs than Doans has pills. He'd take him just to keep him out of Auburn. I'll be happier when Tre signs the LOI with AU in February. However, this is some damn good news for AU today, and hopefully AU will get some more good news this coming Sunday.

Interesting. He says according to @BenThomasPreps that he will take other visits. This one isn't likely going to be over until NSD.

This one is over dont worry. I know Tre personally and he is a very honest guy. he told me monday he is committing now so that he doesnt have to deal with any recruiting anymore. he doesnt like the drama. he also has said that he wants to take his visits but he will clear it with the coaches before he does so. i dont see how people blame a kid for wanting to take their visits. put your self in their shoes, if you could go to visit colleges and get the royal treatment while u were there would u not want to do that? this is an experience that they only get once most like to make the most of it while they have the chance

currently at 6'2 220... what will he play at? 230, 240?

Personally I hope he stays at or below 230. Fat boys don't impress me and 6' 2", 230 is just about perfect for a LB.

This one is over dont worry. I know Tre personally and he is a very honest guy. he told me monday he is committing now so that he doesnt have to deal with any recruiting anymore. he doesnt like the drama. he also has said that he wants to take his visits but he will clear it with the coaches before he does so. i dont see how people blame a kid for wanting to take their visits. put your self in their shoes, if you could go to visit colleges and get the royal treatment while u were there would u not want to do that? this is an experience that they only get once most like to make the most of it while they have the chance

I completely agree, but if he's tired of the drama like you say, then he would avoid it by not taking visits. I wouldn't want to forgo those myself, but as long as he's doing it, he's going to get hounded by those schools who have offered him until NSD. THere's no telling what may happen between now and then. He could get a tattoo but we all know that's no guarantee either. :D

Now that Tre gave his commitment to Auburn, it's just a matter of time til NS offers him. He only offers guys who commits to us first.

Tre has a offer from uat.

It's not a committable offer...says the distraught tawd fan :shoot:

Tre Williams' decision to play at Auburn establishes Gus Malzahn as recruiting force (Josh Bean)

Now that Tre gave his commitment to Auburn, it's just a matter of time til NS offers him. He only offers guys who commits to us first.

It's not a committable offer...

They never are ;)

It's not a committable offer...says the distraught tawd fan :shoot:

Well, I'm sure they didn't want him anyway.

I'm tentatively happy, and I say that because stranger things have happened, and I don't think it's safe to count Bama and Saban out just yet, even though they have more LBs than Doans has pills. He'd take him just to keep him out of Auburn. I'll be happier when Tre signs the LOI with AU in February. However, this is some damn good news for AU today, and hopefully AU will get some more good news this coming Sunday.

I agree with this. And really, what we have found out the past few years is that there are 2 different types of recruits. There are guys like Carl Lawson and Jeremy Johnson who are emotionally mature men, who don't make a big "look at me" game out of the process. Then, there are guys like, . . . . . well I'm not gonna name any names, but they are just large children who don't realize how ignorant they appear. It sounds like Tre has a pretty good head on his shoulders. Really looking forward to seeing him on the Plains.

War Eagle!

Welcome home Tre, WDE!! Love picking up two great LBs this early in the class. Ready to see solid LB play at AU again!

Two things I noticed in the pictures of his commitment. First, his dad looks like he could play right now. Also Deshaun Davis is on crutches.

Deshaun had an ACL injury; won't play this fall.

so glad to see TWO players from my former school commited to the good guys! SPS (and Mobile fro that matter) is historically turdville part two. glad to see these young men starting to see the light! WAR EAGLE TRE and JOSHUA!

Two things I noticed in the pictures of his commitment. First, his dad looks like he could play right now. Also Deshaun Davis is on crutches.

Deshaun had an ACL injury; won't play this fall.

Oh, thanks. Anything to worry about?

Its always good to see talent playing at AU coming from good ol LA my neck of the woods! :cool:

Archived