2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

But the reason it's ratcheted up is they see Gus a'commin!

This times a million. They've ALWAYS been terrified of Gus. I still remember a bammer coworker saying to me before the 09 season that Auburn wouldn't keep him for long. I couldn't help but to ask if he meant we were going to do so well that he would get a better offer, or if we would do so poorly he would get fired. The look on his face as he tried to think of a comeback, failed, and walked out of the room was priceless!

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the reason it's ratcheted up is they see Gus a'commin!

This times a million. They've ALWAYS been terrified of Gus. I still remember a bammer coworker saying to me before the 09 season that Auburn wouldn't keep him for long. I couldn't help but to ask if he meant we were going to do so well that he would get a better offer, or if we would do so poorly he would get fired. The look on his face as he tried to think of a comeback, failed, and walked out of the room was priceless!

Love it. 99% of the comments from updykes are re-treads, they heard someone else say it and just repeat it. They have no idea what it means half the time. They have a few smart fans but they can only come up with so many intelligent comments.

Interesting. He says according to @BenThomasPreps that he will take other visits. This one isn't likely going to be over until NSD.

I listened to an interview with Ben Thomas yesterday (who predicted he would go to uat by the way). He said that Tre is a good kid, very reserved and respectful. He said on the field he is a star. He hits like a truck. He also said that he feels Tre will stay with AU for a few reasons...

1) DC

2) His close friends are all going to AU

3) Depth chart (not a big reason but it helps)

I have yet to see where he hits like a truck, but he does wrap up on his tackles.

922031.jpg

Via (free content)

The kid on the right is committing to the Cornell chess team.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

922031.jpg

Via (free content)

The kid on the right is committing to the Cornell chess team.

:laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/>

In another life his name was "Andrew Bernard."

I'm gonna miss those guys.

And QB mccarron was at practice earlier during the week. Saban has some tricks up his sleeve. QB AL could not talk to any recruits but he could just stand by the fence and watch them practice.

This is what we are going against every day. I love every victory but won't celebrate until NSD. These are hits against bama though. Ruben Foster was a hit against bama even though he signed with them. And ruben foster will be hits that will keep on coming.

And QB mccarron was at practice earlier during the week. Saban has some tricks up his sleeve. QB AL could not talk to any recruits but he could just stand by the fence and watch them practice.

This is what we are going against every day. I love every victory but won't celebrate until NSD. These are hits against bama though. Ruben Foster was a hit against bama even though he signed with them. And ruben foster will be hits that will keep on coming.

OH MY GOSH PEOPLE! The hysteria from parts of our fanbase sometimes amazes me. AJ McCarron went to High school at St. Paul's. He went back to watch his alma mater practice. Nothing more to it. PERIOD. End of discussion.

Yea, ok. He is equivalent to an American Idol in Alabama. He may have just been there to watch his HS team practice, but there is no doubt UA wanted TW. Do you really think saban didnt ask QB UA to go to the high school practice?

Yea, ok. He is equivalent to an American Idol in Alabama. He may have just been there to watch his HS team practice, but there is no doubt UA wanted TW. Do you really think saban didnt ask QB UA to go to the high school practice?

He may have but I'd be surprised if he did. Like you said yourself. He can't talk to recruits. Therefore there would be no point Saban asking. He is in Mobile because he is out of school for the next 2 weeks. If I was chilling at home over the school break I would go watch my alma mater practice without being asked...as does most football players.

Good points. But again, it is UA and the what has happened the last 2 years, makes me skeptical of everything UA does. Again, UA QB is pretty famous now, and it seems ?

Isn't AJ the one with the AU girlfriend/fiance/wife? Maybe she told him to go fetch a scouting report on her team's new players? :P

We've had Cam on campus for several weeks now if ya wanna go down that road. I'm pretty sure that at least balances AJ out. :)/>

OH MY GOSH PEOPLE! The hysteria from parts of our fanbase sometimes amazes me. AJ McCarron went to High school at St. Paul's. He went back to watch his alma mater practice. Nothing more to it. PERIOD. End of discussion.

I thought he was too busy bromancing Johnny Manziel to be home watching his alma mater practice.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "hysteria". Not sure if you have ever heard this statement....if you don't know your history, you are doomed to repeat it. Until the name is signed on the dotted line, a committment means absolutely nothing. It is like that for every school, every year, and we have had more than our share of "no question about it locks" sign with somebody else on NSD. PERIOD.

Of course this guy could flip. They all could between now and February 2014. This is why it is amusing to see people either get too happy or too doom and gloom about recruiting the spring before a NSD that is 9-10 months away. That being said, Tre Williams committing in May of 2013 is good news (beats the alternatives) and hopefully he will honor his committment in Feb. 2014.

wde

It has absolutely nothing to do with "hysteria". Not sure if you have ever heard this statement....if you don't know your history, you are doomed to repeat it. Until the name is signed on the dotted line, a committment means absolutely nothing. It is like that for every school, every year, and we have had more than our share of "no question about it locks" sign with somebody else on NSD. PERIOD.

Its a NEW DAY at AU, and I refuse to let the past interfere with my enjoyment of the present. The sky is not falling in my world.

Its a NEW DAY at AU, and I refuse to let the past interfere with my enjoyment of the present. The sky is not falling in my world.

Nobody said the sky was falling. I just said that committments are great, but they aren't in stone. Getting hyped up for a committ, that is nine and a half months from being official, is a bit pre-mature. I wish this kid the best, whatever his final decision is. I hope it's us. If he decides differently, we will not be locking our doors.

My point is not everything is a conspiracy so please do not jump to a conspiracy theory without evidence of particular said theory,

Archived