chizik family

Raven_tiger

Awesome story!!! Class act - the entire chizik family!

Also loved how bayleigh was complimenting chiziks daughter about her kindness when she herself had just been serving thanksgiving lunch in the cancer unit at the hospital ...

Gene Chizik is now and always will be a classy guy. The whole Chizik family is awesome and I wish each one of them God's many wonderful and loving blessings.

I am very glad he did this. Hopefully we will hear of more generous acts with the buyout money he didn't earn.

He has more than enough to start his own ministry, which is probably what he is called to do. Again, I am glad he did it and I look forward to hearing of more acts of generosity. Coach Chizik made much more money for the University with the NC than he got with his buyout. I doubt you will hear much about his generous acts with the buyout money. I doubt he cares if anyone knows the good deeds he does and has done. He is gone and I think it was the right thing to do but we all need to remember he is a human being.

I am very glad he did this. Hopefully we will hear of more generous acts with the buyout money he didn't earn.

He has more than enough to start his own ministry, which is probably what he is called to do. Again, I am glad he did it and I look forward to hearing of more acts of generosity. Coach Chizik made much more money for the University with the NC than he got with his buyout. I doubt you will hear much about his generous acts with the buyout money. I doubt he cares if anyone knows the good deeds he does and has done. He is gone and I think it was the right thing to do but we all need to remember he is a human being.

+1

I will always adore this man and his family. The jerks that feel the need to slam him every chance they can get just need to go away. Coach Chizik is not our coach anymore. Just get over it and move on! He will continue to do good things and I certainly hope that some day he gets back into coaching and is successful. I also hope that, in time, he will be remembered for the good he did at Auburn and not the one poor year. I'd love to see him in ministry also. I think he could do great things in that area.

Now, let's just see who is first to come back and say something nasty.

So sick of it.

+2

That's a great story, why someone would feel the need to make an idiotic statement about it is beyond me and truly classless.

I agree with you. I can't imagine anything more classless that could a person could say about this man that is truly full of class.

That's a great story, why someone would feel the need to make an idiotic statement about it is beyond me and truly classless.

I agree with you. I can't imagine anything more classless that could a person could say about this man that is truly full of class.

Who did?

I an '85 Auburn Graduate. The oldest of our 4 children (Darby) was a freshman this Fall at AU and I was quite excited that she chose to pursue her college career at Auburn. She was majoring in Interior Design and my wife and I were more than happy to pay the out of state tuition (we live in Greenville, SC) so Darby could follow her dreams. Unfortunately, she had a brain hemmorage on November 14 while in her Interior Design class. She was pronounced dead at Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus, GA on Friday, November 16.

We are still in mourning for our loss but inspired by her KD sisters, classmates, roomates, friends and the Auburn faculty and staff. They ALL have represented the university in a way that is fitting of a "Family" that is "All In". Coach Chiz represented this mantra well because he lives the Auburn Mantra. He understands there is more to life than football. I live and breathe Auburn and Auburn Football. I was glad our family attended KD Parent Weekend on November 4th (Homecoming Weekend). I was as disappointed as anyone that the Student Section was pretty vacant by halftime against New Mexico State. It bothered me that Darby was missing the true fun of a successful Auburn football season (at least that is what was on my mind that day).

Darby was a strong Christian and she is in Heaven saying "War- Eagle Dad...I Made It!". Our goals in life should include a purpose filled pursuit of giving to others who are less fortunate or need a hand. That is what God intended.God Bless Coach Chizik and his wife for giving and believing in others. A faithful Christian life well lived can last an Eternity. Darby understood it and the Chizik Family seems to also.

Thank you for sharing and for allowing me to share too.

OB4AU,

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I can only imagine that this was an emotional expression to do, but also a great way to glorify your wonderful, beautiful child. Your right she is yelling War Eagle with The Lord!

That is an awesome image!

I love the Auburn Family and your trust in sharing this with us is yet another reason. Bless you and your family!

OB4AU, thank you for sharing your sweet story. May God comfort you in your loss. I love football as much as anyone, but I love Auburn more and I am very proud of how Coach Chizik represented the school and the role model he provided for the young men who decided to pay attention to it. Now Darby has the best seat of all and hopefully we can win some games for her. But more than likely, she's spending her time in praise and pure joy. God bless you.

Thanks all. I hope that our other 3 kids will choose Auburn (I will support their decision no mater what) because of people such as yourselves. I was told 3 weeks ago by a Chaplain that id you were not attending a religion affiliated university, Auburn was the next best thing. I firmly believed him. I have been amazed at the maturity of the 18-20 year old students at Auburn. In fact, the prayers that were lifted acroos this nation and the world for Darby were unbelievable. KD chapters from Auburn to Texas A&M to Oregon were praying for Darby. It was amazing. In the end, the prayers were answered and she went home.

Please have a safe and Happy Holiday Season and I will return all thoughts to AU Football (and other sports). God Bless!

Chiz was always an exemplary representative of Auburn and never did anything to embarrass the university. Yet some jerks just can't resist being anonymously nasty. Wonder what their lives must be like.

He has more than enough to start his own ministry, which is probably what he is called to do. Again, I am glad he did it and I look forward to hearing of more acts of generosity.

The article clearly states the Chizik's act of generosity was BEFORE the buyout. What a man does with his money is his business. Coach Chizik is a class act and always has been!

I can't believe the indecency of some people, like the one to whom you responded.

I an '85 Auburn Graduate. The oldest of our 4 children (Darby) was a freshman this Fall at AU and I was quite excited that she chose to pursue her college career at Auburn. She was majoring in Interior Design and my wife and I were more than happy to pay the out of state tuition (we live in Greenville, SC) so Darby could follow her dreams. Unfortunately, she had a brain hemmorage on November 14 while in her Interior Design class. She was pronounced dead at Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus, GA on Friday, November 16.

We are still in mourning for our loss but inspired by her KD sisters, classmates, roomates, friends and the Auburn faculty and staff. They ALL have represented the university in a way that is fitting of a "Family" that is "All In". Coach Chiz represented this mantra well because he lives the Auburn Mantra. He understands there is more to life than football. I live and breathe Auburn and Auburn Football. I was glad our family attended KD Parent Weekend on November 4th (Homecoming Weekend). I was as disappointed as anyone that the Student Section was pretty vacant by halftime against New Mexico State. It bothered me that Darby was missing the true fun of a successful Auburn football season (at least that is what was on my mind that day).

Darby was a strong Christian and she is in Heaven saying "War- Eagle Dad...I Made It!". Our goals in life should include a purpose filled pursuit of giving to others who are less fortunate or need a hand. That is what God intended.God Bless Coach Chizik and his wife for giving and believing in others. A faithful Christian life well lived can last an Eternity. Darby understood it and the Chizik Family seems to also.

Thank you for sharing and for allowing me to share too.

Thank you ob for sharing your story. God bless you and your family.

Archived