Clint Moseley will not return next season *MERGED*

WarTiger

WarBlogle.com

I am hearing that QB Clint Moseley has quit the team.

Gonna put this here and lock it until we can get a confirmation. Once its confirmed I or one of the other mods/admins can open it up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would like to have him as an option but i dont know anyone who thinks he would win the job. i really hope if he transfers it works for him. i will be a fan.

By Charles Goldberg

10727783-large.jpg

AUBURN, Alabama – Quarterback Clint Moseley has decided to forgo his senior season at Auburn after a junior year in which injuries limited him to four games.

Moseley started three games, as well as six games as a sophomore. But a shoulder injury slowed him in spring practice in 2012 and the lingering effects cost him the early part of the year. An ankle injury ended his season.

He plans to stay at Auburn and graduate.

http://www.al.com/au...ves_auburn.html

I think we really need a JUCO QB since Clint is leaving. We will only have 3 scholarship QBs come fall and that is banking on Jeremy Johnson signing and being cleared to enroll at AU. Any issues with that and we are in deep dodo.

Well, and Smith.

I wonder how Clint feels about it all. He wanted to play for a winning team. He got to start during a bowl season, be on the team during a NC season. He's getting his degree. All in all, very few people have those opportunities. But he came for even more.

Wish him the best.

Just saw the crawler on CSS about it. Hate to see any guy leave early but I don't blame him. I'm sure he's got great memories and he's gonna have a great degree. WDE Clint.

I think we really need a JUCO QB since Clint is leaving. We will only have 3 scholarship QBs come fall and that is banking on Jeremy Johnson signing and being cleared to enroll at AU. Any issues with that and we are in deep dodo.

Why would Johnson have to be cleared? I haven't heard of any troubles with him...

He's a great young kid, but he was no more the future QB at Auburn than I was. Somebody has to step up and lead this team. If only Russell Wison were around this time around.

I think we should pursue Brissett. He really has the potential and mobility a QB needs in Gus's system, and he hasn't had that great of coaching since Muschamp became the coach.

Brissett won't help us next season though. He's got to sit one.

Why would Johnson have to be cleared? I haven't heard of any troubles with him...

Same here, but nothing is for certain until a player is enrolled in school.

I always admired Clint's heart and competitiveness! I hate that he doesn't get to complete his career, but it's great that he will graduate from Auburn and that he will have some great memories from Auburn. Good luck, Clint, in all you choose to do. War Eagle and thank you!

Just where do you hope to find a JUCO QB capable of playing in the SEC? Any of that quality have already signed and are enrolling in class even as we speak.

Archived