I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up but...

History says Auburn is eliminated. I finally found some RPIs going back 10 years and in that time no SEC team with a losing conference record has made the NCAAs with an RPI lower than 33 (Miss St. 2006). Auburn is at 39 now. In fact Miss St. was the only team with a losing conference record with an RPI between 30-33 to even make it from the SEC. Florida is hanging on by a prayer. They are 30th in the RPI and are Praying S.Car wins the tourney to improve their RPI. Florida swept the gamecocks earlier this year. TAMU is 33 in the RPI and needs 2 more wins to ensure they get in.

No need to apologize about speculation, everybody here is guessing.

However, my guess is that TAMU is in right now. They've already done enough in the tournament. While RPI is a factor it's not the end-all, be-all.

Eh no need to be sorry. For every doubter there needs to be a "hoper". Once aTm won, AU's season was probably sealed. Not sure what the committee could hang their hat on if they let AU in other than the RPI but it's a but sketchy at 39.

Like Mikey said, no need to apologize. We can all hope. We just let a few games get away from us, that will cost us an invte, IMO. I hate it for our guys, but am still holding out hope that the stars align for us.

We haven't had a good baseball coach since Hal Baird. Coach Baird always turned out great teams.

Archived