Golloway retains Foxhall...

As I recall, our pitching has been pretty decent.

Did we not get high ranking recruiting due to going after a group that went pro instead of enroll? I recall seeing a fair amount of criticism for nOT actually getting the players on campus.

Hoping this is a good decision.

We needed to keep somebody familiar with the Southeast, so I call this a good move. Not all that impressed with our recent recruiting but hopefully the new head coach can close the deal on some winners.

Big meeting today with players and coaches. Some returning players were told their scholarships will not be renewed. Whether that is good news or bad remains to be seen.

We needed to keep somebody familiar with the Southeast, so I call this a good move. Not all that impressed with our recent recruiting but hopefully the new head coach can close the deal on some winners.

Big meeting today with players and coaches. Some returning players were told their scholarships will not be renewed. Whether that is good news or bad remains to be seen.

Do we know which players get some amount of baseball scholarship aid at AU? In most sports it's pretty obvious who the scholly players are but with so few athletic scholarships available for baseball...and all the partial scholarships, many get little or no aid. And as noted previously by someone, there are very few players on a full athletic scholarship. We have most of our roster returning next season and I guess SG needs some scholarships available for new players to upgrade the program and this sounds like the way to open some scholly slots.

Do we know which players get some amount of baseball scholarship aid at AU? In most sports it's pretty obvious who the scholly players are but with so few athletic scholarships available for baseball...and all the partial scholarships, many get little or no aid. And as noted previously by someone, there are very few players on a full athletic scholarship. We have most of our roster returning next season and I guess SG needs some scholarships available for new players to upgrade the program and this sounds like the way to open some scholly slots.

All I know is that Chase Williamson told relatives that his partial scholarship won't be renewed. He was informed of this in a team meeting yesterday. I don't know how we fans would ever get a handle on which baseball players get what percent of a full scholarship.

All I know is that Chase Williamson told relatives that his partial scholarship won't be renewed. He was informed of this in a team meeting yesterday. I don't know how we fans would ever get a handle on which baseball players get what percent of a full scholarship.

I would think that this might be public information but after watching NS refuse to even state how many players he has on scholarship, I guess getting names would be out of the question. On the other hand, we only had 4 seniors this year and if those were the only losses, it's likely they would not be leaving many scholarship openings behind. CG needs some freedom to build up the team and I guess there is no painless way to do it.

Is his staff put together yet (other than Foxhill)? Any chance he can lure Butch Thompson back as an associate head coach?

Is his staff put together yet (other than Foxhill)? Any chance he can lure Butch Thompson back as an associate head coach?

I think Thompson's next job will be a head coach at a major college. I was hoping Thompson would be on our short list and maybe he was. In any case, I don't see him leaving MSU for another assistant job.

Archived