2015 3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford signee)

EagleDamnWar

Was this an unexpected flip?

You can go back and look, but wdeWDE said he was close to committing right before he picked OSU. Which he also reversed and told me the day of, that he was picking OSU, but that this wasn't over at all. He has been as money as any source we have. I can't tell you guys how accurate he has been. I like it though! We all missed on the AHS kid, (what's his name) so that is the anomaly of all anomalies and I don't hold it against him one bit. We are very fortunate that he posts here. I am not saying this stuff to embarrass, nor worship him. Just making sure he knows, that we know!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was this an unexpected flip?

You can go back and look, but wdeWDE said he was close to committing right before he picked OSU. Which he also reversed and told me the day of, that he was picking OSU, but that this wasn't over at all. He has been as money as any source we have. I can't tell you guys how accurate he has been. I like it though! We all missed on the AHS kid, (what's his name) so that is the anomaly of all anomalies and I don't hold it against him one bit. We are very fortunate that he posts here. I am not saying this stuff to embarrass, nor worship him. Just making sure he knows, that we know!

I always pay attention when WDE posts.

Just watched his film and he destroys people. He will be a lot of fun to watch.

• 3 months later...

Ben Edwards @Ben_Edwards_ 6m

I am decommitting from Auburn. I have to do what's best for me. Auburn I thank y'all for everything but I have to move on.

"I have officially flipped from Ohio State to Auburn and I'm done #WarEagle "

Yeah right.

yep, I wish these kids would think before they speak. Oh well, who knows, maybe he had a little persuasion operating behind closed doors,it does happen.

It happens, happens to most schools. Hopefully we all realize we don't live and die with the commitment of 1 recruit. He had a bright future at AU and will have one wherever he goes. The stark truth is he will be replaced and we will carry on.

I love the line of "I have to do what's right for me". Be a man, and give the reason. Is it playing time? Is your heart leading you somewhere else? I know you don't owe anyone an explanation, but leaving it like this opens you up for speculation and ridicule. I have no problem with a commit choosing another school if they feel that is where they should be. Good luck to this young man, and I hope we don't have to see him much in the future if he is as hard a hitter as everyone is saying.

We are completely fine at Safety. We have Tigga in house. He is the real deal. Watch the AU-UGA game from last year if you are not sure. He was all over the field.

I love the line of "I have to do what's right for me". Be a man, and give the reason. Is it playing time? Is your heart leading you somewhere else? I know you don't owe anyone an explanation, but leaving it like this opens you up for speculation and ridicule. I have no problem with a commit choosing another school if they feel that is where they should be. Good luck to this young man, and I hope we don't have to see him much in the future if he is as hard a hitter as everyone is saying.

What on earth would you ridicule him for? "Be a man"? Good lord.

Check out @Ben_Edwards_'s Tweet:

idk what he means by this

Likely responding to a rumor over why he decommitted.

Rivals had an article a few days ago about him liking Stanford, so I'd guess they lead

Check out @Ben_Edwards_'s Tweet:

idk what he means by this

Probably people tweeting at or about him speculating why he is decommitting.

Can't lie...Stanford is one of the very few schools that might be able to pull me away from Auburn.

Sometimes one recruit really can make or break a class. This is not that recruit.

Archived