2015 3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford signee)

EagleDamnWar

There ain't much way to spin this decommitment into a positive. It's the loss of a four-star player at a position of need. Maybe we will find a great replacement, maybe not but "we'll be fine" every time something unfortunate happens is wearing thin.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There ain't much way to spin this decommitment into a positive. It's the loss of a four-star player at a position of need. Maybe we will find a great replacement, maybe not but "we'll be fine" every time something unfortunate happens is wearing thin.

Mikey, loosen up Buddy. We will be fine. We have a good group of safeties coming in still, including Tray. We are having a very good recruiting year. Plus we had another safety visiting this weekend that will also be very good and will commit in our 2016 class, Davis. Doom and gloom is not a good way to live life.

The same can be said when people think the sky is falling after someone decommits. One recruit isn't going to make or break us.

Mikey, loosen up Buddy. We will be fine. We have a good group of safeties coming in still, including Tray. We are having a very good recruiting year. Plus we had another safety visiting this weekend that will also be very good and will commit in our 2016 class, Davis. Doom and gloom is not a good way to live life.

It's just late in the day and M is kinda grouchy about now so cut him some slack. Kids commit and de-commit and kids sign and never even make it on campus because of academic or personal issues .....and on it goes. We get who we get and the coaches play with the guys that earn the right. I may be an exception but I NEVER get revved up when we sign some 5* nor do I get upset when we lose one of them.

We will be all right....and if we are not all right 4 years from now, it will not be because this guy did not come to AU.

Mikey is exactly correct. We've got to build the kind of depth that bama and LSU have. In other words a roster full of 4 or 5 star players. As can be seen by Kozan & Lawson's problems, we are only a play away from having key players out for the year. So this "we'll be fine" is not going to cut it when we lose a key commitment like Edwards and others.

Ha! So we won't be fine because Ben Edwards is going to another school (maybe)? Too bad I was really excited about the direction of our program.

It really is too bad he decided to decommit because we do need some bigger safeties. But I promise....we'll be fine with or without him.

Mikey is exactly correct. We've got to build the kind of depth that bama and LSU have. In other words a roster full of 4 or 5 star players. As can be seen by Kozan & Lawson's problems, we are only a play away from having key players out for the year. So this "we'll be fine" is not going to cut it when we lose a key commitment like Edwards and others.

We're doomed!! Doomed I tell you!!

We have seen it before, chances are good he will change his mind several times. If I were committed, and I saw Mathews as hiring my playing time, I would probably look else were.

If we have the season we hope to have, it will take care of itself.

It's just late in the day and M is kinda grouchy about now so cut him some slack. Kids commit and de-commit and kids sign and never even make it on campus because of academic or personal issues .....and on it goes. We get who we get and the coaches play with the guys that earn the right. I may be an exception but I NEVER get revved up when we sign some 5* nor do I get upset when we lose one of them.

We will be all right....and if we are not all right 4 years from now, it will not be because this guy did not come to AU.

Pass me some of that.

Ha! So we won't be fine because Ben Edwards is going to another school (maybe)? Too bad I was really excited about the direction of our program.

It really is too bad he decided to decommit because we do need some bigger safeties. But I promise....we'll be fine with or without him.

This class won't be as fine if we don't get an equivalent replacement. That fact should be unarguable.

This class won't be as fine if we don't get an equivalent replacement. That fact should be unarguable.

As much as everyone here loves to pile on Mikey because he doesn't crap daisies and sunshine, he does tend to make sense from time to time.

As much as everyone here loves to pile on Mikey because he doesn't crap daisies and sunshine, he does tend to make sense from time to time.

Yeah, I didn't see where Mikey said we were doomed. He just said it sucks that we didn't hold onto a stud safety recruit.

8/30 can't get here fast enough.

Another spot open that wont be filled by a LB...how irate are you?

I could see us going a little harder on a DL recruit or maybe Slayton. Whatever CGM and the staff choose is fine with me. I'm sure they have the right thing in mind.

Not irate at all, yet. The staff is aiming at signing three or four true linebackers. If they succeed, my level of irateness will be near zero. If they fail to sign at least three, it will be the same ol' same ol' from me and you'll just have to deal with it.

Yea right. We should never take 3 star players even though the coaches may see something in them. Players like Dee Ford, an NFL first round draft pick should never become players at AU.

Not irate at all, yet. The staff is aiming at signing three or four true linebackers. If they succeed, my level of irateness will be near zero. If they fail to sign at least three, it will be the same ol' same ol' from me and you'll just have to deal with it.

Disappointing this D staff couldn't retain Edwards, another in the line of Evans, Foster, etc. decommits on that side of the ball. Not the end of the world but this doesn't exactly improve the Auburn section of ole Ellis' resume. Together with our lower half SEC D's since he's been at Auburn ole Ellis' coordinating of recruiting oversight/closing/retention may or may not be on track to produce something more than the "bend and usually break" Ds he's coordinated so far. But he's a good interview.

Disappointing this D staff couldn't retain Edwards, another in the line of Evans, Foster, etc. decommits on that side of the ball. Not the end of the world but this doesn't exactly improve the Auburn section of ole Ellis' resume. Together with our lower half SEC D's since he's been at Auburn ole Ellis' coordinating of recruiting oversight/closing/retention may or may not be on track to produce something more than the "bend and usually break" Ds he's coordinated so far. But he's a good interview.

You're an idiot. That is all...

You've said in numerous posts now "since he's been at Auburn". You know it's easier to just say "last season", right?

Archived