***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... we get them both... Narcisse gets more time to get to 100% and adapt to the college game after his second ACL tear while Stidham leads the team for 2 years, then Narcisse battles Gatewood for the starter position in 2019.

While that seems good and all,  I hate to just write off woody... 

But I really hope we land JS either way

Edited by Auburn2Eugene
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Think it was Harbough who invited himself to spend the night at a kid's house....seems it is impossible to visit too much...

I think that was Sandusky.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

:slapfh: forever too soon

yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes

10 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Just read that Taylor Hamm (writer for Gigem 247) just CB-ed Stidham to Auburn.

WDE!

:eek2:

• Like 1

I am not usually like this but this has been the textbook recruitment of a guy who is going to choose a coach over a school (unless TAMU decides they want him.) I just have this bad feeling that Kendall Briles will land at a big time school as their OC at the last minute and swoop in and get stidham. Its clear that is why he is waiting so long to see if 1 of the briles ( lets be real here Art aint being touched for awhile) gets a big time job.

13 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Then based off recent A&M rumors and that Sumlin has never had face-to-face contact (this is the big part), I would agree with Niebuhr and Marcello that he'll sign with AU.

Of course unless A&M reorganizes their efforts and receive their 3rd visit. Then it could swing back to 50/50. @ellitor do you know if/when that 3rd A&M visit will take place?

SIAA but in a free article pages back it said JS does not plan to visit aTm aagain as things are now.

15 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

He will enroll at the school he chooses in December and he will get to participate in bowl practices.

SIAP but this has not been reported yet. He has the option to but it has not been reported if he will.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

SIAA but in a free article pages back it said JS does not plan to visit aTm aagain as things are now.

Any info one way another regarding whether Summin plans to make an in-home visit?

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I usually agree wholeheartedly with you E,  but not on this one.  If it in fact did change to an Official,  it reduces the number of other schools who JS could visit officially. This is very much to our advantage if it did. 

He's not going to OV 5 schools in 2 weeks and it was a fact finding mission, not a wow the recruit OV type trip. No advantage. Personally I like it better if it was an UOV. That would mean 3 times his family paid gobbs of money so he could visit AU.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

A few random thoughts/questions:

Is the GF a major factor in his recruitment?

As was in the free article a few pages back, no.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I say NO CHANCE narcissse flips. WHy? They have THE closer as his lead recruiter. Mr Dameyune Craig. lol you cannot script this stuff.

Would if the Lane becomes the new OC, prefers & steals Tua from Bama...Still a lot of dominos to be played.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

2 days after he left? Seems a bit excessive for a guy who's been through this and is down to 2 teams. 

Nope. Schools get 1 in home visit by assistants per calendar week during the Contact period which is going on now. It would be ill advised not to go ahead and use a visit this week. The new week starts on Sundays.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Any info one way another regarding whether Summin plans to make an in-home visit?

Doesn't appear so as of now.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Would if the Lane becomes the new OC, prefers & steals Tua from Bama...Still a lot of dominos to be played.

I just do not see TUA following Lane would love to be proven wrong because he is gonna be a stud. I rather he do it at lsu then bama.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Think it was Harbough who invited himself to spend the night at a kid's house....seems it is impossible to visit too much...

AUMasters replied: "I think that was Sandusky"

Oh  no you DIDN'T!!! :)

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

With js we are just ab a lock to contend for championship.   We will regress some on d but return a lot that got significant pt. But if js comes in and wins job then the opp d cannot afford to key in to stop the run bc of the passing threat js is.  It is a total win if we can land this guy.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

Nothing but the best from you Golf, I guess I'll put my X-mas wish in to Santa.

Wife says that to me all the time..................

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Poor oblivious kid actually used the phrase "Netflix and chill." :laugh:

I'm confident Stidham will be the most talented QB in SEC next fall.  I just hope it's for the good guys.