***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

Really? I thought JUCOs would not be included in rankings? That's good if he is included.

And I'm not sure how to take 'It went REALLY well on RL's in home visit'. I would expect it to be as good as JS's visit last weekend too. Not sure how it increases our percentages. I know it's not going down, which is a good sign...today.)))

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No jinx & no whammies but if AU gets JS they would jump from #11 to #6 in recruiting rankings.

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Really? I thought JUCOs would not be included in rankings? That's good if he is included.

And I'm not sure how to take 'It went REALLY well on RL's in home visit'. I would expect it to be as good as JS's visit last weekend too. Not sure how it increases our percentages. I know it's not going down, which is a good sign...today.)))

IIRC, transfers in the past like Demond Washington, DeAngelo Benton, Eltoro Freeman, Cam, Marshall and Duke Williams have all increased our recruiting rankings.

FWIW - I do not believe Stidham is technically a "JUCO" since he did not play football at a JUCO. @ellitor correct if wrong.

Edited by VipersStrike1

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Jucos have always been ranked by Scout & Rivals. They have been rated by 247 since 2009 and by ESPN the past few years.

Increases our chances.

Edited by ellitor

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

IIRC, transfers in the past like Demond Washington, DeAngelo Benton, Eltoro Freeman, Cam, Marshall and Duke Williams have all increased our recruiting rankings.

FWIW - I do not believe Stidham is technically a "JUCO" since he did not play football at a JUCO. @ellitor correct if wrong.

He's a juco because his schooling is in Junior College right now. Playing or not while in juco does not matter in that classification.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He's a juco because his schooling is in Junior College right now. Playing or not while in juco does not matter in that classification.

Yup, you're right...

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=juniorcollege

4 hours ago, AUTigereyez said:

We will regress some on d but return a lot that got significant pt. But if js comes in and wins job then the opp d cannot afford to key in to stop the run bc of the passing threat js is.  It is a total win if we can land this guy.  

Agreed on D slipping.  But, with improved offense, that may not show itself in overall stats since the D should be on the field less and defending fewer plays. Plus, if JS is dominant on offense we should be leading in games, which starts to make your opponent one dimensional and easier to defend.

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Next year, I expect the back 7 to be more dominant than the front 7 this year.JMO

Oh there is no doubt as long as we have TM comes back and kind of leads the back end of things with Davis and Williams at lb and Carlton manning other side. Also get dean back who was slated to start this fall.  Def looking bright on the back end.  Just when you lose Monty and carl and Lawrence it's gonna be a hit but we are deep up front.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUTigereyez said:

Oh there is no doubt as long as we have TM comes back and kind of leads the back end of things with Davis and Williams at lb and Carlton manning other side. Also get dean back who was slated to start this fall.  Def looking bright on the back end.  Just when you lose Monty and carl and Lawrence it's gonna be a hit but we are deep up front.  

Its been a while we could say we are deep up front, and solid at LB. It was years we didnt think we could get good LBs. 

Just got to keep recruiting/signing those high level defensive players. 

This year proved, even with an up and down and mediocre offense, our D kept us in every game, and helped us win some too. In past years we would be looking at a losing season or .500 again like last year.

• Like 1

Thanks goodness for University Presidents who don't bow down to Board members or ADs(lol). He knew the backlash was too significant a hit probably for sure from students too. Briles just has to sit out another year or be only an advisor on a team, before he should be interviewing for HC jobs. JMO.

Edited by steeleagle

To me that interview was a bit disheartening.  I mean assuming that was all accurate, the minute TAMU wants him, they will have him.  And AU is just banking on TAMU wanting mond more.

Edited by AUTiger2012
  • Like 1

So if we do get JS are there any other recruits out there that it would help us get knowing that for the next two years ( I assume if he is really good he won't be here all three years) we will be very good on Off.?

51 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

To me that interview was a bit disheartening.  I mean assuming that was all accurate, the minute TAMU wants him, they will have him.  And AU is just banking on TAMU wanting mond more.

I imagine that kind of thing is pretty common in recruiting.

WDE!

• Like 1

There's a lot of cryptic positivity about Stidham and AUburn in the past couple hours:bananadance: from current players 

48 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

There's a lot of cryptic positivity about Stidham and AUburn in the past couple hours:bananadance: from current players 

You mean positivity like this? (sorry if paste is messed up)

Can't wait for you to hand me the ball ... Texas Speed ??????

• Like 2