***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

you do know that Stidham also was injured after 10 games in his freshman year? I don't think he finished out the year anymore than SW has.

So we don't know how durable he will be too.Just saying...

Valid point 

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

@ellitor I know this question has been answered, but how many years will he have to play? 

3 to play 3 as Viper said...Now if he stays for year 3 is debatable.

I have seen a few folks here and on Twitter implying this isn't a done deal.  Is there still some doubt he signs with AU?  I was thinking he may still jump somewhere if KB gets hired at some other school.  

4 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I have seen a few folks here and on Twitter implying this isn't a done deal.  Is there still some doubt he signs with AU?  I was thinking he may still jump somewhere if KB gets hired at some other school.  

Well technically It's not done until he signs the letter.... but just tell them this way...it's a done deal. 

• Like 2

Woohoo!  Huge get for this team...I look forward to some practice next year with SW and JS going at it.  

Should be exciting and does nothing but make us a better team, no matter who wins the starting job.  Our backup QB situation this year was atrocious.

Wonder how this will also help with the recruiting front?  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Did he ever explain why he didn't play for a JUCO this year? 

So he had 3 for 3 at the school of his choice

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

No shot with Nico but may help with guys like Tre McKittly, Sal Cannella, & Henry Ruggs.

What about Black? I thought that you yourself said after getting his commitment the 1st thing you would do is be on the phone with T. Black. 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm thinking Jayson Campbell was a 5*. Pat Sullivan would have been had there been rating services back then.

You know,  I didn't know this. I had no idea Campbell was a 5* QB. And I found a couple old school articles on him... 

http://www.espn.com/recruiting/s/991022lemming.html

http://www.espn.com/recruiting/s/honorroll/campbell.html

________back to JS________

I haven't seen chatter about this not being a done deal. True I myself said I'd be cautiously optimistic until he signs or takes classes, but if the report is true that he didn't want other coaches to read he had committed to Auburn, so he called them... which got the news out... I just have a hard time thinking he will back out of this commitment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Did he ever explain why he didn't play for a JUCO this year? 

No but no reason to. The juco he went to for online classes did not even have a football team. And since he did not play he can play 3 more years at AU if needbe instead of 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What about Black? I thought that you yourself said after getting his commitment the 1st thing you would do is be on the phone with T. Black.  

Yes but there had been no indication it would help with Black like there has been with the others.

35 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Word is he may enroll around the 20th to take part in sugar bowl practice. Let's all pray this happens.

maybe a prayer circle to trigger Neal McCready?! lol

Although I personally don't see JS as a lock for starting next fall, I'm certainly more optimistic about the QB position with him in the mix. And I'm hoping JS can be active recruiting for us going into signing day.

Article just posted about how CGM relationship with Art Briles helped land JS

Link

How Art Briles’ relationship with Gus Malzahn led Jarrett Stidham to Auburn

On Saturday, former Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham announced he would transfer to Auburn. He was one of the top available quarterbacks and could play a huge role for the Tigers next season.

Of course, part of the reason the former 5-star quarterback left Baylor was because his then-coach, Art Briles, was fired after a sexual assault investigation at the school. Stidham announced he was transferring from the school in July.

In speaking with Taylor Hamm of 247Sports, Stidham said Briles’ relationship with Gus Malzahn was a major factor in attracting Stidham to Auburn.

“I think, initially, I kind of thought about (the Tigers), and one of the reasons was because coach Briles and coach Malzahn had a good relationship. So, I knew he trusted coach Malzahn,” Stidham said.

Stidham said the three schools that were recruiting him were the Tigers, Texas A&M and Florida. A&M eventually stopped communicating with Stidham, and that opened the door for Auburn and to a lesser extent Florida.

The Tigers went 8-4 this season, but quarterback Sean White struggled with injuries. Early in the season, Malzahn rotated between quarterbacks, and the Tigers started 1-2.

Stidham played in three games his freshman year at Baylor before he broke his right ankle. He has three seasons of potential eligibility, but he also could declare for the NFL draft after one season at Auburn.

The Tigers take on Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 2. The Tigers learned they also will get back running back Kamryn Pettway, who announced he would return to Auburn next season.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

maybe a prayer circle to trigger Neal McCready?! lol

I need to know what this is all about. I remember McCready getting pissy about the game in Ole Miss 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Won't be much of a competition between Stidham and White or any other QB on yalls roster, he'll win the starting job easily.    I don't think some of y'all realize how good he is...wish OU had got him. He'd beat out Baker for our QB spot. That's how good he is. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, MSSoonerfan said:

Won't be much of a competition between Stidham and White or any other QB on yalls roster, he'll win the starting job easily.    I don't think some of y'all realize how good he is...wish OU had got him. He'd beat out Baker for our QB spot. That's how good he is. 

Slow down turbo

While I have full confidence he will walk in the starter (assuming he actually signs,) to assume he would take the top spot from a Heisman finalist... Well I don't know if you are familiar with our QB Jeremy Johnson. He was tabbed a preseason Heisman contender, even though we had seen him play ½ a game and mop up duty behind Nick Marshall. 

He totally flopped. 

Gotta see him do it on the field before we start those types of comparisons. 

I do enjoy debating with opposing fans. It's pretty easy where I live (Eugene Oregon) with my  allegiance

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MSSoonerfan said:

Bake is a stud QB. AU has to hit him to slow him down . .if JS is that good we should have a strong class and a great yr next year

33 minutes ago, lca408 said:

I need to know what this is all about. I remember McCready getting pissy about the game in Ole Miss 2 years ago.

dude had like a total meltdown on twitter with Auburn people about the prayer circles during the 14 OM vs AU game. Also something set him off about what gus said in his on field post game tv interview where he did not say anything about  treadwells injury and something about being a fake Christian and prayer circles are all for show.

• Like 1