***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

21 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I can't wait to SEE how he is doing in A-Day and whenever he plays in a real game for us.  I could not care less how GM/RL SAY he is doing.

True but after the Wake Forest incident and Gus's comments to the effect that he "worries about things like that"  He is so notoriously paranoid that I'm wondering if the A Day game will be closed to the public and the media...or perhaps he will have phony numbers on the uniforms to confuse anyone who might be spying on the team....

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True but after the Wake Forest incident and Gus's comments to the effect that he "worries about things like that"  He is so notoriously paranoid that I'm wondering if the A Day game will be closed to the public and the media...or perhaps he will have phony numbers on the uniforms to confuse anyone who might be spying on the team....

That is all in your head. Let it go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That is all in your head. Let it go.

Well, actually it was a joke...too subtle I guess....my bad

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Good interview with AU 247

"I looked at Kennedy and she knew exactly what I was thinking. This is exactly where I wanna go."

And that confirms the gf was a HUGE factor with us signing him.

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

"I looked at Kennedy and she knew exactly what I was thinking. This is exactly where I wanna go."

And that confirms the gf was a HUGE factor with us signing him.

Not necessarily. It means she knows her man and his looks very well. She could have been a big factor but it can't be determined from that quote alone.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. It means she knows her man and his looks very well. She could have been a big factor but it can't be determined from that quote alone.

The fact that he stated he looked at her first (instead of his family) confirms he was looking for her approval.

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

The fact that he stated he looked at her first (instead of his family) confirms he was looking for her approval.

Lol. They are planning to have a life together so it's natural for him to look at her first. Not necessarily for approval. His look could have meant "I'm going here baby." And she could be the type that says "I'm ok with whatever you decide." If that's the case that does not make her a big factor. It would mean she will not get in the way of him chasing his dream. Let him make his own choice and be there to support him. That is the most likely scenario as all the info the last week of his recruitment said she was not a big factor in his decision as was previously thought.

Just now, ellitor said:

Lol. They are planning to have a life together so it's natural for him to look at her first. Not necessarily for approval. His look could have meant "I'm going here baby." And she could be the type that says "I'm ok with whatever you decide." If that's the case that does not make her a big factor. It would mean she will not get in the way of him chasing his dream. Let him make his own choice and be there to support him. That is the most likely scenario as all the info the last week of his recruitment said she was not a big factor in his decision as was previously thought.

Then why even look at or ask your woman's opinion when making big decisions? I know I do. But I also know two guys who never ever look at or asks their woman when making big decisions. They just do it.

34 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Then why even look at or ask your woman's opinion when making big decisions? I know I do. But I also know two guys who never ever look at or asks their woman when making big decisions. They just do it.

One time I got to the parking lot at work for an important meeting 20 minutes early, but got in the meeting 5 minutes late.  I just couldn't decide where to park without my wife next to me.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Then why even look at or ask your woman's opinion when making big decisions

You can ask people you love their opinion without them necessarily having a big factor in your decision.

Regardless it does not matter. All that matters for us as fans is he is an AU Tiger. The who did or didn't get him here is not worth arguing about so this is my last post on that detailed matter either way.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If he is as good as we think he is,this is a wise move,he could make millions in the NFL and she may want to be there for the ride.

Is it known if gf is moving to Auburn? She is most definitely very easy on the eyes, but I would think Jarrett would be same for coeds at Auburn. Hope she comes. Don't need a homesick QB.

I can't believe the thought processes of some of you guys. lol. To worry about whether he could get homesick or rehashing about how much influence his gf had on his decision by his comments and their looks is funny. We definitely are in a world that reacts on every humanly emotion. I think somethings I'm reading Fox News vs. CNN on here. 

I think it's more important if Stidham voted for Trump or Hellary. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Some of you guys would argue about whether or not water was wet.

Maybe not whether it is wet, but rather how wet is it.

But anyway, I agree.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

You can ask people you love their opinion without them necessarily having a big factor in your decision.

Regardless it does not matter. All that matters for us as fans is he is an AU Tiger. The who did or didn't get him here is not worth arguing about so this is my last post on that detailed matter either way.

Unless the gf moves to Auburn with him (highly unlikely I would assume), they'll be 800 miles apart most days for the next 1-2 years.

Yeah, the gf's blessing def was a HUGE factor.

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

To worry about whether he could get homesick

That's a big deal for recruits THAT far away. Ask Tyrik Rollison, also from TX.

Make no mistake, Stidham was near 50/50 on A&M/AU until A&M backed off. Why? Mostly location.