***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

40 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

247 has a new article on JS. It basically says he is signing his LOI on Wednesday AM and then he is leaving for vacation. He gets to AU on the 19th and will start bowl practice on the 20th. He said he was excited to be on a team again. 

I sure hope he is not signing a Letter Of Inguiry with the NCAA tomorrow and instead signs his National Letter of Intent with AU.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

@ellitor needs his own sports column.  He knew all of this yesterday.

Keith has been saying it for a few days to a week and it's been in this thread a few times as well.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keith has been saying it for a few days to a week and it's been in this thread a few times as well.

Yea 247 reported it as "news" today.  See you could make a living quoting your research and calling it news.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I sure hope he is not signing a Letter Of Inguiry with the NCAA tomorrow and instead signs his National Letter of Intent with AU.

Funny! Def letter of intent.

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for us.  Rhett looks to be back for another year.  Hopefully with a top tier QB and a very good backup (assuming Stidham wins the job and Sean is a very capable backup) he'll land a HC job somewhere better than Ga. State.  Then we could get Kendal Briles as our next OC for 2018 working with a QB he's already familiar with.

I am SumterAubie and I approve this message.

I'm at Disney World, so I've been a little disconnected. HUGE pickup on Stidham, I can't wait to see what he does this spring.

If no major job offers come in for Briles, is it still possible we get him for an off the field role, then move him to QB coach once the extra coaching position becomes effective?

Edited by PigskinPat

11 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I'm at Disney World, so I've been a little disconnected. HUGE pickup on Stidham, I can't wait to see what he does this spring.

If no major job offers come in for Briles, is it still possible we get him for an off the field role, then move him to QB coach once the extra coaching position becomes effective?

It would have to be no on field offers at any FBS school, P5 & non P5. He can only make about $30k in an off field role. In contrast if he was OC or QBC at even a non-P5 school he would make minimum $150-$200k. Having a wife & 3 kids I'm sure any FBS on field job would be taken by KB over an off field role at AU.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

Terrific news. He sent a very nice thank you to his girlfriend along with a nice pic of them in front of a Xmas tree. I can't post it while at work. It was on his twitter if someone would like to give this present to our readers/posters. It is worth the look.

9 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Terrific news. He sent a very nice thank you to his girlfriend along with a nice pic of them in front of a Xmas tree. I can't post it while at work. It was on his twitter if someone would like to give this present to our readers/posters. It is worth the look.

5 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I wonder if JS and NCM are going to have a fight over the #3. JS seems to be enthralled with this #. And I thought I had hairy arms; look at those on him.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I wonder if JS and NCM are going to have a fight over the #3. JS seems to be enthralled with this #.

Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the thread. For us jersey number fanatics, will be interesting.

There will be some offensive jersey numbers that will come open due to attrition, so perhaps Craig-Myers will change numbers.

Some skill position numbers that will come open:

#6, #8, #14, #18, #80

2 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the thread. For us jersey number fanatics, will be interesting.

There will be some offensive jersey numbers that will come open due to attrition, so perhaps Craig-Myers will change numbers.

Some skill position numbers that will come open:

#6, #8, #14, #18, #80

Didn't Roc open up 9? That was 1 of NCM's numbers in high school.

12 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I wonder if JS and NCM are going to have a fight over the #3. JS seems to be enthralled with this #. And I thought I had hairy arms; look at those on him.

He's got super human levels of testosterone...it's part of his greatness. :)

Just glad we got him signed, before this thread went over 100 pages. Could've been disastrous.

Edited by AU-24

Just now, AU-24 said:

Just glad we got him signed, before this thread 1/100 pages. Could've been disastrous.

That curse has been broken. The 100 page threads back in the day were on 10 posts per page. We have 25 posts per page now.  40 pages is the new 100 pages. We would be on page 251 now under the old days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Why did we need that picture on this board? I'm glad he has a love-life but umm it had no relevance to this board and it's creepy that strangers are that interested in other people's personal lives.

Some of us are glad to see the superstar quarterback with his girl heading to Auburn. Nothing wrong with that, and I think it has great relevance on this board! 

• Like 2