***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

3 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

Nice grab, maybe this will help us out with Tarik Black or Nico Collins.  At least it can't hurt.

No shot with Nico but may help with guys like Tre McKittly, Sal Cannella, & Henry Ruggs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I wonder what the tipping point was for him?

Probably our consistent nagging or begging for 5 months.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Probably JF3. Hoping he switches positions.

He has not been open to it before so I would be surprised if he is now.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes, he was open to it late this season, long before we signed who we just signed.

Edited by AU-24

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, he was open to it late this season, long before we signed who we just signed.

1 or 2 plays does not make a player open to a permanent position change.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't know if it was shady reporting, but I did read somewhere where he said he will have to talk to his family about it.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article117316468.html

10 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Slots us in top 10 recruiting rankings now I'd guess?

Yup! Moved up 2 spots from 11 to 9.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sorry. I thought you meant to transferring lol. My bad

56 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Sorry to bring up bad memories but what exactly does the "whirley bird" look like? I'm sure I saw it because I watched that Clemson debacle but I'm not sure what it was. I do remember screaming obscenities at Gus the whole game, especially on JJ's fourth down dance.

Whatever it is, let's leave it behind in 2016.

Do you remember the second time you screamed obscenities? That was it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

His words, from his mouth, not his plays!

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

His words, from his mouth, not his plays!

You might be right but do you have a link? All I have seen is this from the link DAG posted.

When asked if he would consider switching positions in the offseason, Franklin didn’t have an answer.

“I don’t know,” Franklin said. “I’d have to address that at the end of the season.

That's not open to a permasnent change, not yet at least.

Goes to show you that you don't always got to be the best looking dude to get the prettiest looking girl to marry you!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! gus and rhett finally closed on a elite recruit SINCE GUS became head coach. ( I know some ppl will just point to cam.) WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!! We will look back at this day fondly.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You might be right but do you have a link? All I have seen is this from the link DAG posted.

That's not open to a permasnent change, not yet at least.

Auburn quarterback John Franklin III open to playing other roles on offense

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/10/auburn_quarterback_john_frankl_2.html

Read and weep!

Edited by AU-24

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And lastly this is me right now...

2MzImBd.gif

I was going to ask how you were feeling. Ha! Thanks for providing info as you have.  

Very happy for our team and especially thrilled for Lashlee. So glad for him. 

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Auburn quarterback John Franklin III open to playing other roles on offense

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/10/auburn_quarterback_john_frankl_2.html

Read and weep!

1. Please drop the attitude and enjoy the Jarrett celebration. 2. That article is now outdated by the one DAG linked that is less than 2 weeks old where JF3 said he does not know if he is open to a position move.

Edited by ellitor

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1. Please drop the attitude and enjoy the Jarrett celebration. 2. That article is now outdated by the one DAG linked that is less than 2 weeks old where JF3 said he does not know if he is open to a position move.

U are kidding me right? U question me, and ask for a link.  I give you a link and you say it is out dated and enjoy the celebration?  Really? Where was the: enjoy the celebration when you were asking for the link?

John Franklin III came to Auburn with one goal in mind: winning the team's starting quarterback job. With that not shaking out as planned through the first five games, the JUCO transfer has a new goal in mind: doing whatever he can to help the Tigers win games.

Yes, even if it means getting reps at a position other than quarterback.

"I'm honestly down to do whatever helps out our team, to be honest," Franklin said 

After scoring two touchdowns against ULM, John Franklin III open to different role in Auburn’s offense

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/scoring-two-touchdowns-ulm-john-franklin-iii-open-different-role-auburns-offense/

• Like 1

(1/2) From a recruiting standpoint, Jarrett Stidham's pledge will give Auburn a huge shot in the arm, especially with offensive playmakers.

(2/2) Rival SEC coach said "elite receivers will look Auburn's way because of Stidham's commitment." Another called him the "missing piece."

• Like 3