***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

I understand being cautiously optimistic but I saw Stidham against a playoff OU team as a freshman and the guy looked like a damn Junior out there. He was calm, went through his reads with Striker bearing down him every play, and made some plays with his feet when the pocket broke down. He took over after stud Seth Russell got injured and didn't miss a beat.

Big XII has its weaknesses but we know good QB play. He'll be on of the best in the SEC with that supporting cast y'all have. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

dude had like a total meltdown on twitter with Auburn people about the prayer circles during the 14 OM vs AU game. Also something set him off about what gus said in his on field post game tv interview where he did not say anything about  treadwells injury and something about being a fake Christian and prayer circles are all for show.

Ah okay. I remember his b!tc# fit after the 2014 game and the whole "injury" thing which is pretty ridiculous. I hadn't heard about the prayer circle thing. Thought maybe he had said something new.

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What about Black? I thought that you yourself said after getting his commitment the 1st thing you would do is be on the phone with T. Black. 

You know,  I didn't know this. I had no idea Campbell was a 5* QB. And I found a couple old school articles on him... 

http://www.espn.com/recruiting/s/991022lemming.html

http://www.espn.com/recruiting/s/honorroll/campbell.html

________back to JS________

I haven't seen chatter about this not being a done deal. True I myself said I'd be cautiously optimistic until he signs or takes classes, but if the report is true that he didn't want other coaches to read he had committed to Auburn, so he called them... which got the news out... I just have a hard time thinking he will back out of this commitment. 

I highly doubt anyone would say this to Takeo then back out of a commitment, haha!

• Like 9

Many of us thought coaches wanted JFIII to win job in spring or fall camp. Don't know if this was actually true, but he didn't win it. JS will have to earn it. Stidham has to be a little rusty but most of us think he is so talented that he will ultimately be starting QB by next fall.

25 minutes ago, autan said:

Many of us thought coaches wanted JFIII to win job in spring or fall camp. Don't know if this was actually true, but he didn't win it. JS will have to earn it. Stidham has to be a little rusty but most of us think he is so talented that he will ultimately be starting QB by next fall.

He played on a scout team all season for HS so if he does good we will know Gus and Rhett had nothing to do with it and it was his time spent at Baylor and HS scout team that made him good.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autan said:

He was. That's why Gus devoted most of his coaching hours before the season started trying to coach up JF3's throwing.

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

He played on a scout team all season for HS so if he does good we will know Gus and Rhett had nothing to do with it and it was his time spent at Baylor and HS scout team that made him good.:rolleyes:

I had seen where he did this earlier in the year. Then more recently 

That’s why his Thursday mornings this fall have been so important to him. Thursday mornings are spent at D1Sports, a steel-trussed and turf-lined athletic training facility five miles from Baylor University’s Simpson Center, where Stidham worked out the last time he was a quarterback for a football team.

On Thursday mornings he runs through speed and agility drills identical to the ones he endured as a Baylor quarterback from January 2015 through June 2016. And equally important, he does them alongside two defensive backs — one a future Baylor Bear and the other entering the semi-pro ranks. They provide Stidham with something he needs and craves: competition.

From this

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/07/jarrett-stidham-former-baylor-bears-quarterback-recruit-auburn-florida/95045080/

• Like 2

Thanks again for editing that correctly for me @ellitor

I find it strange the only teams recruiting this guy were Auburn, Texas A&M,  and Florida. 

I'd of thought every team in the country would be beating down his door... 

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i cannot get super excited about stidham after we lost big bird. i am still upset they could not find a helmet big enough for him because we just lost four years of glory with the bird at the helm. and no it does not help the disappointment that he was offered a tryout with the eagles to fly the field in pregame etc. auburn football truly lost a legend before his career could take off!

i see my joke went over like a lead balloon. just for the record i was trying to have fun with with the mighty bird and his followers. he is often pretty funny and i just wanted to throw something out there. call me paranoid but it is meant to be fun and nothing more. hsvre a good one folks.............

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i see my joke went over like a lead balloon. just for the record i was trying to have fun with with the mighty bird and his followers. he is often pretty funny and i just wanted to throw something out there. call me paranoid but it is meant to be fun and nothing more. hsvre a good one folks.............

Who is this big bird you speak of? 

9 hours ago, autan said:

Stidham has to be a little rusty but most of us think he is so talented that he will ultimately be starting QB by next fall.

Not just the HS scout team work, but he had a sports nutritionist guide him on what to eat and encouraged him to practice to avoid being rusty this Spring.

He also works out with DBs each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday morning.

Story here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/07/jarrett-stidham-former-baylor-bears-quarterback-recruit-auburn-florida/95045080/

EDIT: Auburn2Eugene and I are on the same page as he posted the link above too.

Edited by VipersStrike1
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I find it strange the only teams recruiting this guy were Auburn, Texas A&M,  and Florida. 

Are we sure that group were the only ones and not just the "final three"? i didn't see anything mentioning much but I'm with y on it being strange

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Are we sure that group were the only ones and not just the "final three"? i didn't see anything mentioning much but I'm with y on it being strange

According to Bill King & aTm 247 reporter, there were other schools involved but none of them could really compete with the relationship that AU had built.  JS apparently is very big about his relationships.  He wanted to see if KB was going to get a job at a P5 school but outside of that he was all AU.  This relationship all started when Kam Martin swapped to AU & AB gave Gus & Rhett glowing recommendations to both KM & JS.  

At least that is what they were saying on the Bill King show this morning.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

There were several others that reached out to him. He states this in his recent interview, "I've had a lot of phone calls and text messages from coaches around the country."

And he nipped many of them in the bud, "I was blunt at the beginning of each conversation, this is what I'm looking for."

https://www.wareaglesportsradio.com/episode/17243/recruitniks-exclusive-jarrett-stidhams-decision-is-nearly-here/

2 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

According to Bill King & aTm 247 reporter, there were other schools involved but none of them could really compete with the relationship that AU had built.  JS apparently is very big about his relationships.  He wanted to see if KB was going to get a job at a P5 school but outside of that he was all AU.  This relationship all started when Kam Martin swapped to AU & AB gave Gus & Rhett glowing recommendations to both KM & JS.  

At least that is what they were saying on the Bill King show this morning.

This ^^^ I find believable. 

Just seeing his dedication and loyalty to KB makes me think the relationship with Rhett had a lot to do with it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Who is this big bird you speak of? 

he is a mod that uses big bird as a board name...........

BTW, this has AB written all over it. Same with Kmart. The introductions and guidance from him to speak with AU is being undervalued in this thread. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

BTW, this has AB written all over it. Same with Kmart. The introductions and guidance from him to speak with AU is being undervalued in this thread. 

Yep! He has given us two studs.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he is a mod that uses big bird as a board name...........

Haha.  I wasn't serious.  I guess I am just as good at banter as you are.  I too was trying to draw out the bird. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

So is he out recruiting Tarik Black now? Needs to jump on that recruiting bus and call Akers and others to Auburn!

Akers does not like Auburn in the least. I would not say he despises us but............ LET IT GO! lol