***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

Link

The last week of November, just days after Auburn lost the Iron Bowl to Alabama, Stidham was back at Auburn for an overnight official visit. Meantime, Auburn visited him each of the past two weeks, culminating with Friday’s in-home with Tigers coach Gus Malzahn and offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Rhett Lashlee.

Stidham gave his commitment to the Tigers during that visit.

He is expected to sign with Auburn on Wednesday and potentially could arrive at the school as early as Dec. 19 or Dec. 20. That would allow him to take part in Auburn's Sugar Bowl practices.

FWIW If Stidham signs Jason Caldwell reported on twitter that JS could only take part in the Bowl Practices that are on campus & not in Nola.

• Like 1

I noticed Kendal Briles retwitted Stidham's announcement. Will be interesting to hear his take on things and what becomes of him. 

4 hours ago, WVR said:

Hopefully this # 3 will be as good as previous players with this number.  i.e. Al Del Greco and Kevin Porter. I'm sure there are others that I am missing.

Our best two players will be wearing that number next season

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WVR said:

Hopefully this # 3 will be as good as previous players with this number.  i.e. Al Del Greco and Kevin Porter. I'm sure there are others that I am missing.

Hopefully better than DeAngelo Benton.

Seriously, I wonder who beats out whom for #3, he or Craig-Myers?

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Link

FWIW If Stidham signs Jason Caldwell reported on twitter that JS could only take part in the Bowl Practices that are on campus & not in Nola.

I thought it was already reported that Stidham would be vacationing with his family during bowl prep.  Has that changed?

13 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I thought it was already reported that Stidham would be vacationing with his family during bowl prep.  Has that changed?

It was reported and things can change. TBH. He can take a vacation, fax the NLI on vacation on the 14th, & be back to AU by the 20th if he wants.

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

It certainly was a good day! :) 

Now we can also add Pettway saying he will return next year to the list!

Believe it or not, the AJC has three separate articles on Stidham to AU. One titled 10 things to know about Jarret Stidham is very good. One of the 10 things mentions that Stidham is the highest ranked QB that AU will have ever signed to date. 

Is the thread correct. It says Stidham is a 4 star. 

6 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Believe it or not, the AJC has three separate articles on Stidham to AU. One titled 10 things to know about Jarret Stidham is very good. One of the 10 things mentions that Stidham is the highest ranked QB that AU will have ever signed to date. 

Read the article again. The version on SECCountry at least. I have a mention in there.

And yes the title is correct. The author of the 10 things article used his high school ranking, not his juco ranking. He;s a 4* from juco right now.

17 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I'm thinking Jayson Campbell was a 5*. Pat Sullivan would have been had there been rating services back then.

• Like 2

Just now, Mikey said:

I'm thinking Jason Campbell was a 5*. Pat Sullivan would have been had there been rating services back then.

Correct and rated higher than Stidham. I corrected the author and got my name in the article. lol

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm thinking Jayson Campbell was a 5*. Pat Sullivan would have been had there been rating services back then.

Correct

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

And lastly this is me right now...

2MzImBd.gif

that cat dancing? did some funky chicken. i have not seen that done much at all since jr prom and i am 61 so that tells ya how old that dance is lol

• Like 1

i cannot get super excited about stidham after we lost big bird. i am still upset they could not find a helmet big enough for him because we just lost four years of glory with the bird at the helm. and no it does not help the disappointment that he was offered a tryout with the eagles to fly the field in pregame etc. auburn football truly lost a legend before his career could take off!

I'm glad he decided to be an Auburn Tiger  

And I really hope he is a great QB for us

most of all I'm glad this drama is over!  :wareagle:

• Like 1

Just seeing the news and what a great way to start the day.Now get him on campus and in class before he can change his mind.This may be the most important recruit for Gus since he has been head coach.Can't wait to see him playing in Blue and Orange. WAR EAGLE

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

As far as I'm concerned, JS is a fine prospect who can *compete* for the starting QB position next year at Auburn. Everyone everywhere thought Coker would step in as the new QB at Bama when he arrived. It didn't happen. I'm eager to see what WB can do. But frankly, I think it has got to be between those two guys. I appreciate all that SW has done for Auburn, but he's fragile as granny's china. Let's go with a DT guy with some resilience.

you do know that Stidham also was injured after 10 games in his freshman year? I don't think he finished out the year anymore than SW has.

So we don't know how durable he will be too.Just saying...

• Like 3

FWIW JS shows some class. Posted last night by Keith...

He was going to let 247 announce his commitment this morning ... But when he woke up, he decided he wanted to call UF and some other people.

He didn't want them to read about it. He wanted to tell them himself he was going to AU.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

you do know that Stidham also was injured after 10 games in his freshman year? I don't think he finished out the year anymore than SW has.

So we don't know how durable he will be too.Just saying...

Yeah those everyday broken ankle and fibulas will get you every time.

• Like 4