***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

So is he out recruiting Tarik Black now? Needs to jump on that recruiting bus and call Akers and others to Auburn!

Probably decompressing with his family on vacation.

4 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

So is he out recruiting Tarik Black now? Needs to jump on that recruiting bus and call Akers and others to Auburn!

After watching Akers and Hill (Miss St commit) play side by side, i would rather have Hill to be honest. He ran harder than Akers.

• Like 1

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Hey @ellitor.  If Stidham participates in bowl practices, is that the equivalent of going to class as far as "signing" is concerned?

Since he can't go to a class til January he would have to sign an NLI before he can do bowl practices.

Just now, ellitor said:

Since he can't go to a class til January he would have to sign an NLI before he can do bowl practices.

Can he do that at any time, or does he have to wait until a specific date?

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Can he do that at any time, or does he have to wait until a specific date?

Juco signing period starts Wednesday.

Just now, ellitor said:

Juco signing period starts Wednesday.

Got it... so he'd have to sign then practice on Wednesday.  I bet Auburn will be crawling with press on Wednesday.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Got it... so he'd have to sign then practice on Wednesday.  I bet Auburn will be crawling with press on Wednesday.

He would have to sign Wednesday then practice later. He is not expected to be at Auburn til next Tuesday. Still doing the family Vacation thing this week. AU will have done nearly a week of Bowl Prep by then.

Just now, ellitor said:

He would have to sign Wednesday then practice later. He is not expected to be at Auburn til next Tuesday. Still doing the family Vacation thing this week. AU will have done nearly a week of Bowl Prep by then.

Which would limit him to 3 practices, if I did my math right. Have to wonder if we'd be far enough into game planning at that point that having him show up would more distraction than benefit.

Stidham practicing would primarily allow him to get a feel for how we practice.  While he could scout team a little in prepping us for Mayfield, him getting acclimated to being a tiger is more beneficial heading into the real competition in Spring.

• Like 1

Any news on Kendall briles?? I know he is a stinky fish now, but if he is cleared of wrong doing could he be hired as an analyst or qb coach?? If he is clear AU should give him a chance. Am I wrong ? 

Stidham better be ready to work when he gets here. This ain't the big 12 or 14.. he will have to earn that orange and blue. 

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Any news on Kendall briles?? I know he is a stinky fish now, but if he is cleared of wrong doing could he be hired as an analyst or qb coach?? If he is clear AU should give him a chance. Am I wrong ? 

Stidham better be ready to work when he gets here. This ain't the big 12 or 14.. he will have to earn that orange and blue. 

I don't think it's even been decided yet who the new coach is keeping and who he's getting rid of.

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The NCAA moves very slowly. As far as "cleared' goes, in all my years of watching them the only time they've cleared any person or school is when Auburn got a letter clearing us of any wrongdoing in the Cam Newton affair. Usually they just let the statute of limitations run out. I think they cleared us because of all the unjust crap we had to endure. Maybe they felt sorry for us or felt we were owed a good letter? In any case, I wouldn't think K. Briles will be here any time in the near future.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He has reportedly been cleared by the NCAA per WDE but he still seems to be tainted from what I gather. At this point I have my doubts any upper tier P5 school hires KB this year. He may have to go the non-P5 route for now.

Edited by ellitor

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He has reportedly been cleared by the NCAA per WDE but he still seems to be tainted from what I gather. At this point I have my doubts any upper tier P5 school hires KB this year. He may have to go the non-P5 route for now.

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for us.  Rhett looks to be back for another year.  Hopefully with a top tier QB and a very good backup (assuming Stidham wins the job and Sean is a very capable backup) he'll land a HC job somewhere better than Ga. State.  Then we could get Kendal Briles as our next OC for 2018 working with a QB he's already familiar with.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

The NCAA moves very slowly. As far as "cleared' goes, in all my years of watching them the only time they've cleared any person or school is when Auburn got a letter clearing us of any wrongdoing in the Cam Newton affair. Usually they just let the statute of limitations run out. I think they cleared us because of all the unjust crap we had to endure. Maybe they felt sorry for us or felt we were owed a good letter? In any case, I wouldn't think K. Briles will be here any time in the near future.

I think it was because Cam was undoubtedly the biggest draw of the year and if he is suspended the ratings would've taken a huge hit. They don't do things out of the goodness of their heart, even if it actually warrants it -- we've seen them make illogical heartless decisions only to back up and reverse the decision due to public uproar. But I think in this situation they saw what kind of figure Cam Newton had morphed into and he was already a national star at that point. It would've directly affected their pockets if they didn't make a decision quickly. JMO though. It may just be my pessimism showing

an update on JS arrival link

New Auburn quarterback commitment Jarrett Stidham will officially become a Tiger very soon.

Stidham, the No. 1 junior college recruit in the industry generated 247Sports Composite (he attended McLennan Community College in Texas this fall but did not play), told 247Sports he will sign his National Letter of Intent with Auburn on Wednesday. That’s the first day mid-year junior college prospects can sign.

“I’m going on vacation (Wednesday morning), and I’m going to do that right before I leave,” Stidham said. “I’m signing my papers in the morning and getting them over to Auburn.”

The next question on the minds of Auburn fans is this: When will Stidham arrive at the school?

“I’m getting there on the 19th (of December) and I’ll start bowl practices on the 20th,” Stidham said. “First and foremost, I’m just excited to get back on a team.”

Stidham will be a redshirt sophomore.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think it was because Cam was undoubtedly the biggest draw of the year and if he is suspended the ratings would've taken a huge hit. They don't do things out of the goodness of their heart, even if it actually warrants it -- we've seen them make illogical heartless decisions only to back up and reverse the decision due to public uproar. But I think in this situation they saw what kind of figure Cam Newton had morphed into and he was already a national star at that point. It would've directly affected their pockets if they didn't make a decision quickly. JMO though. It may just be my pessimism showing

They didn't "clear" Cam until at least a year after he left.  They cleared him to play in the Georgia game, but the actual "Auburn didn't do anything" declaration was long after he had left for the NFL.

• Like 3

247 has a new article on JS. It basically says he is signing his LOI on Wednesday AM and then he is leaving for vacation. He gets to AU on the 19th and will start bowl practice on the 20th. He said he was excited to be on a team again. 

• Like 1

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

247 has a new article on JS. It basically says he is signing his LOI on Wednesday AM and then he is leaving for vacation. He gets to AU on the 19th and will start bowl practice on the 20th. He said he was excited to be on a team again. 

and I am excited gus and rhett won a big recruiting battle for a QB!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE BABY!!!

• Like 3