***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Some of us are glad to see the superstar quarterback with his girl heading to Auburn. Nothing wrong with that, and I think it has great relevance on this board! 

And we ARE Family right, as this board simply calls it? So his girl is a major part of his family goals it seems, so why not one photo of what was probably a major part of his decision too...leaving her and going to school in another state..

I appreciate a little change at times...as long as it doesnt overshadow the thread theme...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

My bad for posting it.

I will say the gf being on board 100% with Stidham's transfer had to have been a HUGE factor with us signing him.

I really liked that video you put up of Ric Flair doing his woooooo! No 2 people have ever had more charisma than he and Dusty Rhodes in the old WCW.

• Like 2

Let's get on Stidham folks. Even though he will only get a few bowl prep practices I can't wait to hear how he is doing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Let's get on Stidham folks. Even though he will only get a few bowl prep practices I can't wait to hear how he is doing.

Will these be closed practices, as we have been accustomed to with Gus, thus having to rely on players' comments as to their opinions of individual performances?

10 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Will these be closed practices, as we have been accustomed to with Gus, thus having to rely on players' comments as to their opinions of individual performances?

After what just happened with the Wake Forest radio guy I imagine every practice from now on will be closed while Gus is a HC. He was already paranoid enough as it was.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

All practices are closed to the media and fans. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn will speak to reporters Wednesday and Dec. 20. Selected players will speak Thursday and Dec. 19.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-lines-up-8-practices-before-leaving-for-Sugar-Bowl-49757343

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

After what just happened with the Wake Forest radio guy I imagine every practice from now on will be closed while Gus is a HC. He was already paranoid enough as it was.

This is for sure. Cannot afford to not go lockdown mode. I'm sure we will still have all kinds of "insiders" on this board though. We're still gucci.

Nice pic and Merry Christmas to all..

And I know he is a QB but looks to me like the could afford some  serious time in the weight room if he is going to be a DT in the SEC....those big LBs will be stripping the ball from him otherwise. 

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

My bad for posting it.

I will say the gf being on board 100% with Stidham's transfer had to have been a HUGE factor with us signing him.

There's not a damn thing wrong with posting the photo with her in it. People that don't like the pic don't have to look at it. If the GF wasn't on board with everything then he wouldn't be coming to AU.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

There's not a damn thing wrong with posting the photo with her in it. People that don't like the pic don't have to look at it. If the GF wasn't on board with everything then he wouldn't be coming to AU.

Plus Stidham posted on a very public twitter. People need to lighten up a bit.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, tigerchris said:

And on my birthday! 

Happy belated birthday! 

21 hours ago, AU64 said:

Nice pic and Merry Christmas to all..

And I know he is a QB but looks to me like the could afford some  serious time in the weight room if he is going to be a DT in the SEC....those big LBs will be stripping the ball from him otherwise. 

Because Sean and KJ are so much  bigger? We look tiny compared to other teams... Like the other one in the state, LSU, Arkansas, Georgia... Most of our players are (or seem on tv) tiny compared to those other schools. 

Russell learned from Yox. We haven't had real change of our S&C program in over 2 decades. 

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

I can't wait to SEE how he is doing in A-Day and whenever he plays in a real game for us.  I could not care less how GM/RL SAY he is doing.

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I can't wait to SEE how he is doing in A-Day and whenever he plays in a real game for us.  I could not care less how GM/RL SAY he is doing.

If something comes out of A Day game that reveals anything about our QB  situation it will be the first time in living memory and I'm thinking back at least to when Cam showed us nothing in his brief appearance.   

JMO but it will be late August before we know anything for certain.   BUT....we will have about 8 months to speculate about who is doing what...and learn whether JF3 is going to get a shot at the starting job. 

• Like 2

Agreed @AU64.  I think JS probably ends up with the job but they are going to come out of A Day with standard answer of SW & JS & WB are cometing for the starting job and we will learn more this fall.  If JF3 is still on campus then I think he will be moved to WR.  I don't see CGM giving any leadway to the notion of who it is until start of fall practices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

If something comes out of A Day game that reveals anything about our QB  situation it will be the first time in living memory and I'm thinking back at least to when Cam showed us nothing in his brief appearance.   

JMO but it will be late August before we know anything for certain.   BUT....we will have about 8 months to speculate about who is doing what...and learn whether JF3 is going to get a shot at the starting job. 

Oh, I totally agree with you about no answer at A-Day.  I'd just like to see him on the field and throwing the ball.  I'd suspect we get a starter named 2 weeks before the first game.  "They're all competing and getting better" until then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I had to search about naming the starter, but Jeromy Johnson was named the starter for the 2015 season on 4/20/2015 shortly after that year's A day game.

I got depressed reading some of those posts.  I do agree that Gus will take his time this season naming the starting QB, but not as late as this year.  I believe Gus will stick with the starter the entire opening game until we are well ahead (Captain Obvious on that one).

• Like 1

I really hope he is all he was sold to be. I think he starts from day 1, but even if he doesn't, we will be infinitely  better at QB next season. Regardless of who is QB1 there won't be much drop off between he and QB2...unlike this season. 

This is great news. It seems like forever since we have been in that situation. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

I can name one time I've seen it happen. In 2012 Bryan Bennett was assumed to become the starter at Oregon. He was a fan favorite. Then there was some unknown kid named Marcus Mariota stepped up and looked like a man among boys. He made Bennett look like Jon Wallace going against Cam in the LSU game. 

It was a Spring performance unlike anything I've ever seen. 

Stidham could walk out there and just go nuts, and be heads and shoulders better than everyone else. Or not... 

It can happen...

Edited by Auburn2Eugene

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I really hope he is all he was sold to be. I think he starts from day 1, but even if he doesn't, we will be infinitely  better at QB next season. Regardless of who is QB1 there won't be much drop off between he and QB2...unlike this season. 

This is great news. It seems like forever since we have been in that situation. 

I can name one time I've seen it happen. In 2012 Bryan Bennett was assumed to become the starter at Oregon. He was a fan favorite. Then there was some unknown kid named Marcus Mariota stepped up and looked like a man among boys. He made Bennett look like Jon Wallace going against Cam in the LSU game. 

It was a Spring performance unlike anything I've ever seen. 

Stidham could walk out there and just go nuts, and be heads and shoulders better than everyone else. Or not... 

It can happen...

I am putting this on Gus....he keeps things totally under wraps in spring games....plain vanilla......

FWIW I talked to Golson at the basketball game tonight. He told me Jarrett will get 2 bowl practices with the team on the 20th & 21st. The team is going to their homes for Christmas on the 22nd, a day they will not practice. When the team meets after Christmas they are going to Nola without another practice at AU.

Per NCAA rules Jarrett can only take part in practices on campus right now.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I talked to Golson at the basketball game tonight. He told me Jarrett will get 2 bowl practices with the team on the 20th & 21st. The team is going to their homes for Christmas on the 22nd, a day they will not practice. When the team meets after Christmas they are going to Nola without another practice at AU.

Per NCAA rules Jarrett can only take part in practices on campus right now.

I don't guess Golson revealed anything about his and Braden Smith's plans for 2017. Hopefully they return for a Championship run. :bananadance:

35 minutes ago, autan said:

I don't guess Golson revealed anything about his and Braden Smith's plans for 2017. Hopefully they return for a Championship run. :bananadance:

Didn't ask. Already knew they were likely staying.

• Like 3