Biggest "insider miss" in recruiting history?

aushrink

This is what I want to know. Either Rashaan played somebody or our insiders aren't much of insiders. I mean it is a public forum, but every time anyone said anything about Bama it got debunked as complete BS from people who were "in the know"

He played everyone. "Insiders" hear what coaches are being told. When a kid tells a coach that he's coming and that trickles down to "insiders", that is what gets reported to you.

Believe it or not kids lie. We already had a Rashaan Evans profile up on the Auburn site, don't you think that is odd unless they had very good indication that he was coming?

I agree. He played it out with more style than Foster is the only difference. Auburn High must have a great drama coach.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I want to know. Either Rashaan played somebody or our insiders aren't much of insiders. I mean it is a public forum, but every time anyone said anything about Bama it got debunked as complete BS from people who were "in the know"

He played everyone. "Insiders" hear what coaches are being told. When a kid tells a coach that he's coming and that trickles down to "insiders", that is what gets reported to you.

Believe it or not kids lie. We already had a Rashaan Evans profile up on the Auburn site, don't you think that is odd unless they had very good indication that he was coming?

THIS^^^ is what Im talking about. From all appearances, AUs staff got played by a HS kid who did it just because he could. He chose wisely.

There were reports out weeks ago about how involved his parents were and how they were all handling it maturely. I guess that article was just a bunch of BS and they were just telling everyone what they wanted to hear until the end?

Hope the coaching staff NEVER allows a kid to string them along like this again.

Evans is going to be a good LB, but too much drama associated with this recruitment and in the end he and his family stuck it to AU.

Lesson? never play according to someone else's rules.

Hope the coaching staff NEVER allows a kid to string them along like this again.

Evans is going to be a good LB, but too much drama associated with this recruitment and in the end he and his family stuck it to AU.

What stings is the kid's a legacy. We got punked by a former player.

Has a lot to do with a certain coach and his son, who RE was best friends with, along with Foster....

Luper?

Not answering the question, but I don't think they mean Luper.

I kind of thought it would play out this way when it was announced that Bama was going to pull out all stops to get Mr. Evans.

It's a perception issue for me... I could give a damn about RE going to bammer... Good for him.

But, it's the fact that we can't out recruit alabama for a player (who we need) to come to AU! Oh by the way, he's from Auburn!!!

Perception is, that alabama can come in to our back yard and pick and choose whoever they want.

That's the perception... and it stinks.

Has a lot to do with a certain coach and his son, who RE was best friends with, along with Foster....

If thats the case Im glad he went the way he did. If he based this decision on gossip, which is ALL a former coach can provide, and a guy that is arguably the most confused kid i've ever seen,well, like I said, he chose wisely.

Think Alan Evans is the main reason he is Bammer bound.

Think Alan Evans is the main reason he is Bammer bound.

:dunno:

Agreed!! But something happened and I believe he told our coaches he was coming! Why else would we put his profile on one of our sports page? This stinks all the way to hades!!! Now we have been made a joke on the bleacher report

A former player that has bitter his whole life at Auburn. I appreciate the "insiders" we have here, but I hope in the future they refrain from criticizing others when their opinion doesn't match theirs. Especially when they can smell the crap others are stepping in.

It's a perception issue for me... I could give a damn about RE going to bammer... Good for him.

But, it's the fact that we can't out recruit alabama for a player (who we need) to come to AU! Oh by the way, he's from Auburn!!!

Perception is, that alabama can come in to our back yard and pick and choose whoever they want.

It is but, there seems to be one common thread that has run through all those "back yard" signatures. Unless one comes through soon, none have ever amounted to anything. That is, unless I am forgetting a Lee County super star that did the same at bama.

A former player that has bitter his whole life at Auburn. I appreciate the "insiders" we have here, but I hope in the future they refrain from criticizing others when their opinion doesn't match theirs. Especially when they can smell the crap others are stepping in.

People keep saying this but why is he so bitter about his time at Auburn?

They were all about taking their time and hearing all sides and putting as much thought into it as possible. I guess that means they just let everyone and anyone influence them.

Was this really Alan playing Auburn? If you own a business in Auburn that doesn't seem very smart to do.

Not only that, he was a huge need for us, not them!! Saban is doing what bear did back in his day! It's just too bad these kids of today fall for his bologney! Even worse is the parents

The kid is (let's not bash the kid for signing somewhere else please). I do wonder if our 4-2-5 base defense hurts us recruiting lbs.

Agreed!! But something happened and I believe he told our coaches he was the ing! Why else would we put his profile on one of our sports page? This stinks all the way to hades!!! Now we have been made a joke on the bleacher report

We were played, no doubt about that. Oh well, let them have the National Recruiting Championship! Let's just hope that Shon Coleman puts him on his butt first time he takes the field against us.

That trooper interfering is a bunch of crap. Own up to it. We just didn't sign him

I dont buy that either but i do think the kid misrepresented his intentions to the AU staff. Im not sorry we missed on him if thats the case because It shows a lack of character IMO.

Is it possible that RE didnt want to have the pressure of being the "man" at Auburn? At uat he can blend in much more. Here he would be playing much faster it seems. I know all of the talk about playing time and being a special recruit, but is it possible that he just isnt the guy that wants to put it on his shoulders and be "the man" Its also possible that we are all (including myself) waaaay over reacting to an 18 year olds decision on where to play a sport in 2 years.

The kid is another immature punk. I do wonder if our 4-2-5 base defense hurts us recruiting lbs.

Seattle won Super Bowl with it! Also the star linebacker was MVP! Ur loss Rashaan

Archived