Biggest "insider miss" in recruiting history?

aushrink

That trooper interfering is a bunch of crap. Own up to it. We just didn't sign him

Yeah who knows what the deal with that was. If everyone felt like it was truly 50/50 then I don't think people would be as upset. But all the insiders were pumping AU for sure, and so that means someone played Auburn the whole time and that is what is frustrating.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a surprise here.

Lets face it Saban has a pitch and smoke and mirrors..the kids and families get caught in the "celebrity" quality of Saban.

Sorry for the kid because my feelings were that he really wanted Auburn but his Dad has a mad on against Auburn from his playing days behind Bo..so be it. It is a shame they just made there kid waste about 2 years of his life sitting on a bench to be able to say "I play for Bama" ala Reuben "primadonna" Foster.

Hate the results but we will go on.

Just remember we have Gus and thank goodness not Saban. I am proud of the person and coach that Gus is..its sad for the kid. But I wont miss him after today!

Simply put, being a hometown girl, many of my fellow graduates thought the grass was greener elsewhere. I didn't, and I wouldn't be sitting where I am without my undergrad from Auburn and my Master's from AUM. Big shout-out and "WAR EAGLE, Welcome to the FAM!" to the Auburn Men whose letters are in hand and on the way! You will NEVER regret your decision!

I am relatively new to the message board and I have noticed that the insiders are very confident in RE coming to Auburn.

It got me thinking that which recruit in the past was a last minute switch when the coaches and insiders were as convinced (as you can be with 18 year old kids) he was gonna be in orange and blue?

Thanks!

What a foreshadowing this post became

Simply put, being a hometown girl, many of my fellow graduates thought the grass was greener elsewhere. I didn't, and I wouldn't be sitting where I am without my undergrad from Auburn and my Master's from AUM. Big shout-out and "WAR EAGLE, Welcome to the FAM!" to the Auburn Men whose letters are in hand and on the way! You will NEVER regret your decision!

Guarantee u 100% Rashaan will regret his decision when it's all said and done!!

@cole: I am not trying to start something up, but it is fact that a certain former coach was influencing Rashaan not to go to Auburn. Sorry, recruiting is a dirty business, and it hurts a team who fired a coach who has a son who goes to the same school as one of Auburn's biggest targets in about 10 years....

Hmm ill take a stab at he biggest miss......Rashaan Evans.

LOL. what do you mean!?!? "Evans still to AU this will not change barring some crazy unforeseen events that won't happen!!!!!"

haha, kidding. i'll get killed for that by all the "insiders." whatever, no reason we cant have a little fun with this.

this class is so awesome. honestly, imagine is tre williams, roc thomas, and duke williams just happened to wait until signing day to announce. im pretty sure everyone would be so jubilant right now. but since we've known for so long that they were signing, it kind of takes away from it when it actually happens maybe. i dunno, just rambling...

That trooper interfering is a bunch of crap. Own up to it. We just didn't sign him

Yeah who knows what the deal with that was. If everyone felt like it was truly 50/50 then I don't think people would be as upset. But all the insiders were pumping AU for sure, and so that means someone played Auburn the whole time and that is what is frustrating.

Only solution to this is to have NO expectations...harder for some than others. I've learned to enjoy the on-field days more than the pre-field ones. In fact, the pre-field ones have little captivation factor for me at all. I do empathize with those who love it more. Maybe being the mom to two teens and knowing a bit more of the way minds at this age work, even as amazing as our two are, gives me a protective edge. At any rate, I am so jazzed by the Auburn Men that are coming our way. Let the one go...and launch out into the deep for a REAL collective catch! :jossun:

I'm not mad or dissapointedd with any "insiders" here as the info is provided free of charge.. I would really be irratated if I paid hard earned money to those all knowing pay sites who were falling all over each other guaranteeing they knew what he was gonna do.

@cole: I am not trying to start something up, but it is fact that a certain former coach was influencing Rashaan not to go to Auburn. Sorry, recruiting is a dirty business, and it hurts a team who fired a coach who has a son who goes to the same school as one of Auburn's biggest targets in about 10 years....

I dont really see why you keep pimpin this angle. Do you think it somehow makes the decision more honorable? I sure as hell dont!

Not really a surprise here.

Lets face it Saban has a pitch and smoke and mirrors..the kids and families get caught in the "celebrity" quality of Saban.

Sorry for the kid because my feelings were that he really wanted Auburn but his Dad has a mad on against Auburn from his playing days behind Bo..so be it. It is a shame they just made there kid waste about 2 years of his life sitting on a bench to be able to say "I play for Bama" ala Reuben "primadonna" Foster.

Hate the results but we will go on.

Just remember we have Gus and thank goodness not Saban. I am proud of the person and coach that Gus is..its sad for the kid. But I wont miss him after today!

I don't know what happened in this case. If Alan Evans did do that, then he did a great disservice to his son.

If his picture was on the AU website, that tells me that the coaches were led to believe Evans was going to sign with AU. All the prognosticators like 247 and such all picked him to AU. So...what happened? AU is having an outstanding recruiting class, but there's no mistaking it, this hurts and hurts badly. AU needed Evans, much worse than Bama did. I would have thought he and his family would have looked at Bama's roster and seen that he would have been one of 15 LBs; AU has about 5, if that many. How is it that Bama has no problem keeping the kids who grew up in Tuscaloosa at UA, but Auburn can't keep kids who grew up in Auburn at AU?

If his picture was on the AU website, that tells me that the coaches were led to believe Evans was going to sign with AU. All the prognosticators like 247 and such all picked him to AU. So...what happened? AU is having an outstanding recruiting class, but there's no mistaking it, this hurts and hurts badly. AU needed Evans, much worse than Bama did. I would have thought he and his family would have looked at Bama's roster and seen that he would have been one of 15 LBs; AU has about 5, if that many. How is it that Bama has no problem keeping the kids who grew up in Tuscaloosa at UA, but Auburn can't keep kids who grew up in Auburn at AU?

If you listen to the kids, its always about a $business decision

I dont really see why you keep pimpin this angle. Do you think it somehow makes the decision more honorable? I sure as hell dont!

How is his decision dishonorable?

The only thing I find dishonor in today is Auburn fans defaming a high school kid for choosing what he thinks is best for him and his family.

Spiritual warfare. Not so LOL.

:jossun:

To clarify, I am not mad at the insiders at all, just own the fact that you were wrong. Also do we really need a thread that is specifically for insiders to post in especially since, let's be honest their predicions are little more than gueses.

I'm not mad or dissapointedd with any "insiders" here as the info is provided free of charge.. I would really be irratated if I paid hard earned money to those all knowing pay sites who were falling all over each other guaranteeing they knew what he was gonna do.

^^^This^^^ %100

Every year our success is clouded by some Bama BS. What makes them so much more attractive then us. Can't be hopes for NFL success b/c UGA & Miami seem to be crushing everyone there. Where is the school pride Alan! You just got played by the biggest con artist in football. Before signing day even began Alabama was pulling scholarships and offering the incredible Greyshirt to the unfortunate 3* recruits that thought they were getting the same love!

This has been a great day for Auburn and this class will make an immediate impact. Even with us loosing out on RE and with the turds having the so called #1 class, we will still have the better team heading into next year. I still see Bama loosing 2-3 games next year and one of those will be to us.

fwiw, he told the coaches he was in.

and that is a troubling fact IMO that makes his decision look tainted. A kid that will lie now lacks integrity and with all the drama surrounding this kids recruitment I dont fell like we missed much. Obviously a great athlete, but thats not all we're looking for nor even close to all that matters. We're better off IMO as hard a pill as that is to swallow right about now.

I had a buddy tell me this just a couple minutes ago as well. Wasn't sure if he was 100% or not. I believe him now. Thank ya sir.

and that is a troubling fact IMO that makes his decision look tainted. A kid that will lie now lacks integrity and with all the drama surrounding this kids recruitment I dont fell like we missed much. Obviously a great athlete, but thats not all we're looking for nor even close to all that matters. We're better off IMO as hard a pill as that is to swallow right about now.

sure is. definitely a yeldonesque feel to it.

Archived