Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

Oh yeah, I really don't care if other posters on this board call me names or not. The people who call me names are the very first group of people who would be calling this kid a thug and worse if he was committed to another school

this is the only thing i can agree with you on.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? What actions? Don't worry I'll wait. And Marshall is just one example. I'm sure Gus will look into it and make the right decision because he has shown that he will give second chances as well as being a disciplinarian. But as far as your quote of see you don't need you or whatever, IMO shouldn't ever get a big head like that because one thing is for sure s great football program will always need great players.

I have to admit one thing though. Oxford is right about if this happened to a bammer let's say Evans many wouldn't be discussing second chances.

See you don't need you? We better watch it because you don't need enough people we will suck. Where would we be if Marshall wouldn't have gotten his second chance?

That's another thing - Auburn has given other players second chances, and they've become great players, great carriers of the Auburn banner, and great men due to our doing so. Cam Newton is one of the most charitable individuals in the NFL today. Nick has become a leader of a championship team. There are other ways to reform someone besides jail and REMOVING opportunities. Teach rather than punish.

I agree. It took Roddy White his second year in the nfl to cut ties with certain friends. When you grow up with friends and family that's a life long bond. It's not as easy for a teenager to cut off everybody, especially before moving away. I honestly don't know one way or the other but this really could be him just getting in a car with some friends.

I played basketball on a pretty high level. Many times friends would pick me up to go to a tournament out of town or just a gym out of town in general. I didn't check their pockets, trunk, and glove box before I got in the car with them. I mean who does that?

I have to admit one thing though. Oxford is right about if this happened to a bammer let's say Evans many wouldn't be discussing second chances.

Yeah, it's easy to put on the O&B glasses for sure. Go to the rivals section and watch some of our AU kin folk rip apart other teams players for stuff like this. They'd rip the kid, the Head Coach, the school, anyone and everyone. Personally, I'm not for ripping any kid apart, AU player or not. It just doesn't do any good period.

Yeah, it's easy to put on the O&B glasses for sure. Go to the rivals section and watch some of our AU kin folk rip apart other teams players for stuff like this. They'd rip the kid, the Head Coach, the school, anyone and everyone. Personally, I'm not for ripping any kid apart, AU player or not. It just doesn't do any good period.

Think I quote something from you and agree with it at least once a week. Must be a north Alabama thing. No I'm not attacking people and their families personally, karma has a way of balancing things out in that regard IMO

My 2 cents... wait to see how the facts shake out, but once they're all out, take the viewpoint of "if it were my kid". The reasonable thing to do is usually the right thing to do - and tossing a kid in jail or taking away a shot at a better future because of one bad decision seems counteractive when Gus has stated his goal is to make his players better men and citizens, not just football players. If it does end up 4th or 5th chance, then scenario obviously changes. But a first bad choice, with people he soon won't be around anymore and will instead be going to a higher controlled situation? I say you go benefit of the doubt before you pull the trigger and in essence sentence the kid to a life of what this one situation has become.

Your kids would be very lucky, indeed, and I imagine that much better for it. I was lucky enough my parents did this to me as well.

There are always two sides: I do not know any of the people involved, so I am not really picking a side.

I see where you are coming from with the second chance, but what if you are the parent of the kid that has done everything the right way. Who humbly stayed away from bad influences. Didn't put himself in unlawful positions and worked hard in the class room/on the field to fulfill his dream of playing for Auburn but was passed over for someone who, AT BEST, put himself in a bad position with people he should have been smart enough to avoid.

Dang ,sorry for the long screwed up sentence above.

Scales makes that very, very bad for somebody. Hopefully not KB.

Bro, they dont need scales to determine that someone holding 340 grams is doing so with the intent to distribute. That is a stupid amount of weed.

More than likely Bessent was just a passenger, but he'll likely face stiff consequences regardless. Lets get real, its going to be very unlikely for him to continue his Auburn football career after being caught in a car with 340 grams of weed and a gun.

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 58m

Total drugs seized from car w/Bessent was 340 grams of marijuana, approx 12 ounces. Paraphernalia was "set of scales" http://on.mgmadv.com/1gnt4rN

The gun is what is the worst thing, IMO. In Florida.......

It also created minimum sentences for convicted drug traffickers. Drug offenses that warrant a mandatory sentence begin at the level of a three-year prison term. Depending on the type of drug the amount of it, and also whether the drug has resulted in anyone's death, the minimum penalties may increase to 7, 15 or 25 years, life or death.[2]

Bro, they dont need scales to determine that someone holding 340 grams is doing so with the intent to distribute. That is a stupid amount of weed.

More than likely Bessent was just a passenger, but he'll likely face stiff consequences regardless. Lets get real, its going to be very unlikely for him to continue his Auburn football career after being caught in a car with 340 grams of weed and a gun.

Depends on the facts of the case. If he was just ridin dirty and the contraband and gun wasn't his, I dont thnk its all that unlikely. If the gun was his, it definitely falls on the unlikely side of the equation

scales make a huge difference. without scales, one can still argue that it is safer and more cost efficient to buy personal stuff in bulk, instead of doing so on a weekly or monthly basis.

Scales takes away that arguement in the eyes of the court.

scales make a huge difference. without scales, one can still argue that it is safer and more cost efficient to buy personal stuff in bulk, instead of doing so on a weekly or monthly basis.

Scales takes away that arguement in the eyes of the court.

The argument is who is the owner of the scales

I'd love to sit in a courtroom of someone claiming that 340 grams of marijuana is "personal use". Do you have any idea how long it would take one person to smoke that amount recreationally?

If this is true, I'm off the fence now. He's gone. 12 ounces (that's a TON of weed) a gun and scales??? (I guess one wasn't enough) Either he was selling drugs or hanging out with dudes selling drugs. He knew what he was doing. Call me a cynic but no one with a functioning brain could be that naive.

I'm off the fence now. He's gone. 12 ounces (that's a TON of weed) a gun and scales??? Either he was selling drugs or hanging out with dudes selling drugs. He knew what he was doing. Call me a cynic but no one with a functioning brain could be that naive.

Well, actually a ton would be 35,273.9619 ounces.

My 2 cents... wait to see how the facts shake out, but once they're all out, take the viewpoint of "if it were my kid". The reasonable thing to do is usually the right thing to do - and tossing a kid in jail or taking away a shot at a better future because of one bad decision seems counteractive when Gus has stated his goal is to make his players better men and citizens, not just football players. If it does end up 4th or 5th chance, then scenario obviously changes. But a first bad choice, with people he soon won't be around anymore and will instead be going to a higher controlled situation? I say you go benefit of the doubt before you pull the trigger and in essence sentence the kid to a life of what this one situation has become.

Depending on what the facts may be....maybe we could see a replay of the Ricky Parks situation? Just throwing it out there. We shall see. I'll support Gus no matter what he decides. However, if it seems like the situation will drag out and the charges and information are in limbo from helping Gus have enough information....I'm curious to see if he will wait things out or decided to cut him loose.

I'm off the fence now. He's gone. 12 ounces (that's a TON of weed) a gun and scales??? Either he was selling drugs or hanging out with dudes selling drugs. He knew what he was doing. Call me a cynic but no one with a functioning brain could be that naive.

Well, actually a ton would be 35,273.9619 ounces.

Haha you know what I meant

A regular smoker can go through 1/2 ounce a week. A normal upstanding citizen who smokes is taking a risk every single time they travel to purchase from a dealer. Would be happy to entertain you with that argument in court. That's a 6 month supply, instead of driving into bad neighborhoods and travelling with stuff in the car on a more regular basis.

It has NOTHING to do with this case, just pointing it out.

A regular smoker can go through 1/2 ounce a week. A normal upstanding citizen who smokes is taking a risk every single time they travel to purchase from a dealer. Would be happy to entertain you with that argument in court. That's a 6 month supply, instead of driving into bad neighborhoods and travelling with stuff in the car on a more regular basis.

It has NOTHING to do with this case, just pointing it out.

Actually for personal use 12oz/4 (people) would be 3 apiece...a very reasonable personal amount to keep from getting ripped off buying wee-parts at a time... and a scale to keep everyone happy is a no brainer (they're like dirt cheap if they're the same postal type (pendulum) scales we used 30+ years ago... and certainly the best way to avoid a confrontation.

Of course it's a sports forum and people are use to talking/posting about stuff they know little to nothing about.

I'll reserve my final judgement until all of the facts are in, but I will say that this young man exercised extremely poor judgement in his decision making. I also have to question if that same kind of judgement may carry over to the field.

Archived