Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

If no one in the car claims responsibility soon we will have to cut him free regardless. I hope the kid can get back on his feet and use this as fuel if he's in the wrong. If he is "wrong", I hope he learns from it and gets it turned around. He may be in jail for some time if he goes down with the "ship".

Not quite, if they have a pre-trial drug program in his county he can probably do that before trial and have this completely wiped away from his record. If he is 17 still he could also use the youthful offender status if this is a first offense and have it wiped cleaned. If he can get the felonies taken care of I have a hunch Gus will give him a chance to prove himself on campus.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For people who keep saying this guy was just in the wrong place, I really don't care. There are people in prison because they decided to hang around the wrong group of people. People get tired of the media writing negative articles but doing things like taking this kid is one reason the media writes negative articles about Auburn in the first place

A lot of the media likes Gus, so a lot of their negativity about Auburn has disappeared since he became head coach. The negativity can and will probably come back if he keeps taking these kids

Oh yeah, I really don't care if other posters on this board call me names or not. The people who call me names are the very first group of people who would be calling this kid a thug and worse if he was committed to another school

Since you acknowledge that there are name callers hanging out on this board, doesn't that make you guilty for being in the wrong place and hanging out with the wrong people? just sayin

I am no lawyer but it seems to me the police cannot charge all of them possession with intent to distribute. From a common sense point of view, the weed cannot belong to all of them. Somebody will cave on this and somebody will take the fall but i am almost certain that they all wont...not for possession with intent to distribute.

I am no lawyer but it seems to me the police cannot charge all of them possession with intent to distribute. From a common sense point of view, the weed cannot belong to all of them. Somebody will cave on this and somebody will take the fall but i am almost certain that they all wont...not for possession with intent to distribute.

I think they can prosecute them all, especially with that much. You could divide it four ways and still have more than enough to charge each of them. I guarantee you none of those guys want the reputation of a snitch so it might be a while until one or more of them decide to turn on the real dealer. If KB does give testimony against the dealer then his life could be in jeopardy. Right now KB might feel like he is between a rock and a hard place.

I think they can prosecute them all, especially with that much. You could divide it four ways and still have more than enough to charge each of them. I guarantee you none of those guys want the reputation of a snitch so it might be a while until one or more of them decide to turn on the real dealer. If KB does give testimony against the dealer then his life could be in jeopardy. Right now KB might feel like he is between a rock and a hard place.

if you divide the weed 4 ways you have simple possession on all of them. You sound like you been watching too many gansta movies. Four ounces of weed is not an amount that dealers put out hits over

The "kid" made his own choice. When is someone old enough to answer for their own choices? He had to have known what the risk was. LIFE is all about the choices we make.

The "kid" made his own choice. When is someone old enough to answer for their own choices? He had to have known what the risk was. LIFE is all about the choices we make.

Indeed it is and unfortunately 19 year old kids make bad choices at times. I know I did

Lots of Auburn fans forgetting Otis Mounds. Greatest example of a second chance working out for the player and the school. And he was not only charged with but also convicted of worse than this. He was convicted of possession and distribution of crack cocaine. Coach Dye took a chance on him even after he spent 10 months in jail.

Kal Bessent is a saint by comparison, but Otis Mounds is a beloved part of Auburn lore. The man who turned his life around and helped land the Dillard Five. Apparently, second chances only belong in yesteryear. We love the story of Otis Mounds, but apparently given an opportunity to extend a similar olive branch again, we'd rather condemn a guy that hasn't even been convicted.

Unfortunately it is a different world these days. Second chances we hear about are often fourth or fifth chances in reality. Let him rehabilitate elsewhere.

For people who keep saying this guy was just in the wrong place, I really don't care. There are people in prison because they decided to hang around the wrong group of people. People get tired of the media writing negative articles but doing things like taking this kid is one reason the media writes negative articles about Auburn in the first place

A lot of the media likes Gus, so a lot of their negativity about Auburn has disappeared since he became head coach. The negativity can and will probably come back if he keeps taking these kids

let me get this straight ...

Because you want the media to like Gus and you want the media to be nice to auburn football that you are perfectly fine with throwing this kid in the trash ... Before the facts are known about the extent of KB's involvement?

Okey dokey. Glad to know you have placed the media's aproval of football above a kids life.

Unfortunately it is a different world these days. Second chances we hear about are often fourth or fifth chances in reality. Let him rehabilitate elsewhere.

if facts come out against him then so be it. This is an interesting story, in that there are many possibilities of which different courses of action may be warranted. All I can do is hope the best choice is made.

I think one thing is indisputable is the kid needs to catch rides (out of state) with better folks. I think the answer to KB's knowing involvement lies in why he was in Florida with these people and if his parents knew he was there.

I will assume those are the kinda of things Gus will look into.

ok so how far away from home was he? I know they were picked up North of Jax...so I since I don't know where he is from could it be that it was close to his home?

ok so how far away from home was he? I know they were picked up North of Jax...so I since I don't know where he is from could it be that it was close to his home?

Kingsland, GA to Jacksonville is 30-45 minutes away...so like driving from Auburn to Montgomery...probably less

Unless he was hitchhiking, he knew the people he was riding with. He made the choice to be there with them. Now let him pay the price for his lack in judgement or for his participation in the felonies. It's all pretty simple really.

See you don't need you? We better watch it because you don't need enough people we will suck. Where would we be if Marshall wouldn't have gotten his second chance?

My 2 cents... wait to see how the facts shake out, but once they're all out, take the viewpoint of "if it were my kid". The reasonable thing to do is usually the right thing to do - and tossing a kid in jail or taking away a shot at a better future because of one bad decision seems counteractive when Gus has stated his goal is to make his players better men and citizens, not just football players. If it does end up 4th or 5th chance, then scenario obviously changes. But a first bad choice, with people he soon won't be around anymore and will instead be going to a higher controlled situation? I say you go benefit of the doubt before you pull the trigger and in essence sentence the kid to a life of what this one situation has become.

See you don't need you? We better watch it because you don't need enough people we will suck. Where would we be if Marshall wouldn't have gotten his second chance?

That's another thing - Auburn has given other players second chances, and they've become great players, great carriers of the Auburn banner, and great men due to our doing so. Cam Newton is one of the most charitable individuals in the NFL today. Nick has become a leader of a championship team. There are other ways to reform someone besides jail and REMOVING opportunities. Teach rather than punish.

LOL. What language is that, cole? Marshall had already shown thru his actions that he was repentant of what he had done. No comparison.

Personaly opinion, he needs Auburn now more than ever. If he's in jail, that's a different story, but the bottom line, I know of no better place to get your life on the straight and narrow. I hope we stand beside him.

My 2 cents... wait to see how the facts shake out, but once they're all out, take the viewpoint of "if it were my kid". The reasonable thing to do is usually the right thing to do - and tossing a kid in jail or taking away a shot at a better future because of one bad decision seems counteractive when Gus has stated his goal is to make his players better men and citizens, not just football players. If it does end up 4th or 5th chance, then scenario obviously changes. But a first bad choice, with people he soon won't be around anymore and will instead be going to a higher controlled situation? I say you go benefit of the doubt before you pull the trigger and in essence sentence the kid to a life of what this one situation has become.

Your kids would be very lucky, indeed, and I imagine that much better for it. I was lucky enough my parents did this to me as well.

Archived