Tubs should go on record now

PChamp119

BG, you kinda' brought this one on yourself. The thread started with someone urging CTT to campaign for the NC and you immediately replied by saying Bama almost beat you. Numerous posters jumped in with both feet right away. Not unexpected on an AU board.

As for CTT and his comments, the only time I ever raise an eyebrow is when he makes his "We will win a NC" statement. Now, I'm raising that same eyebrow wondering if he knows something we all don't. Actually, you've got to spin it pretty hard to take what he says as inflammatory. I think it's refreshing to hear a coach say some of the same things that fans talk about. CTT sticks up for his team and talks with confidence about what they've accomplished and what they can do in the future. I like that a whole lot better than the same old "We gotta' take it one game at a time" coachspeak.

CTT may get under some folks' skin because he seems to have a confident smirk on his face most of the time. But, he's not exactly running off at the mouth in the same vein as Spurrier. With the way things stand right now, if all three teams win out, we'll be left out of the NC game. That's wrong and I don't see where we have anything to lose by campaigning to get more votes out of this screwed up, unfair system. Would a NC mean MILLIONS and MILLIONS more to CTT and the University, more noteriety, better recruiting etc.? You bet it would. I say go for it.

If it were my coach saying the same types of things...I would criticize him as well.

127493[/snapback]

Perhaps CTT should start dropping F-Bombs after every bad play. Take a look at that Alabama video and the number of times Coach Shula was caught on camera, dropping the "F" and "S" bombs on the sideline.

As another poster stated, CTT never said they were going to run up the score on Alabama. Post one link of Tuberville saying something out of line this year.

Rainman, I dont hate Tubby. You got it all wrong. I've said my piece....That's it. Like I said, I would disapprove of our coaches saying the same type of stuff. That doesnt mean I dislike the guy. He graduates players, he doesnt put gangbangers on the field...and the man's got respect for some good ol southern fried catfish. Thats good stuff...

Just because Im a bama fan doesnt mean i can't be somewhat critical of your coach. But it also doesnt mean I hate the guy either.

127526[/snapback]

Okay....so you don't hate Tubby....my bad.

I just figured when I read this...

I still don't like Tommy Tuberville. Mostly because of his comments earlier this week saying he could have "named the score against any team this year except for LSU"...and "you aint seen nuthin yet" like he was gonna run the score up. Dude, win the games and let your team do the talking.

...Back on Nov. 21 that you didn't like Tuberville. (Don't like doesn't equal hate, I know)

I also like how you've never conceded the fact that the above quote from you was a VASTLY misleading cut-n-paste to make Tuberville look like a pompous jerk. Please, explain your logic behind this.

I've seen Tubby drop plenty of Fbombs on the sidelines as well. Dont try to twist that into a "bama does it we dont" deal.

127563[/snapback]

BS

Name the game!

The problem is that I never actually saw Shula speak until the LSU game. I thought he was just a cardboard cutout they had propped up on the sidelines. When he finally let loose...boy did he let loose. :demon7: :big:

Seriously, there ain't a coach out there that doesn't launch an Fbomb or two in a tirade. CMS just seems to lauch his scuds when the camera is doing a close up. I was at a Duke basketball game at Cameron Indoor a few years ago and had the privilege of sitting close to the Duke bench. Coach K got em' together for a prayer and as soon as the game tipped off...

:angryfire: :argue: :demon7: :soapbox:

BS

Name the game!

Ah, come on now Stat. You think CTT has never let an F bomb fly before? I know I've seen an "F'n Horsesh*t" before. I think it may have been during the '99 season.

And BS, I give you an A for effort....bringin' the smack even after the defeat! :thumbsup:

Rainman...my earlier comments: "i still dont like tommy" were a bit over the top. I'm indifferent really. There are things I like about him and things I dont. To me there are 2 sides to the SEC coaching fence...guys like Richt, Shula, Zook, Holtz..on the other side are guys like Fulmer and Cutcliffe. Id put Tubbs on the first side...for now.

Ah, come on now Stat.  You think CTT has never let an F bomb fly before?  I know I've seen an "F'n Horsesh*t" before.  I think it may have been during the '99 season.

And BS, I give you an A for effort....bringin' the smack even after the defeat! 

Nope, I have never seen him drop the fbomb. I'm not saying that CTT doesn't curse on the sideline because I've seen him yell s--t or bulls--t but not the fbomb. Besides, BG stated that he has seen it plenty of times, which I called BS on. My point was that BG would be willing to call out his coach if he made the comments that Tuberville has. So why doesn't he call his coach out for dropping fbombs about 10 times in their last two ball games?

I'm still waiting to see a link to anything Tuberville has said out of line this season.

I cant fault Shula for dropping F-bombs. My not proud of my language after that call in Red Stick.

Geez guys, first yall wanted to jump him for being too calm and looking like a "deer in headlights" now he gets fired up but you want to critique his language. I dont know how id react coaching on the field. Its a totally different atmosphere....

I cant fault Shula for dropping F-bombs. My not proud of my language after that call in Red Stick.

Geez guys, first yall wanted to jump him for being too calm and looking like a "deer in headlights" now he gets fired up but you want to critique his language. I dont know how id react coaching on the field. Its a totally different atmosphere....

127639[/snapback]

BG,

I think it's important to support and or defend the coach of your school, which is what we did when you took a shot at Tuberville.

Good Luck in your Bowl game...

WDE

127639[/snapback]

I'm with BG on this one.

Whining about a football coach dropping the F-bomb is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Its Football! FOOTBALL!! :football: !!!!!

The Vandy coach forced his athletes to stop cussing. Look where they are. Need I say more?!

Rainman...my earlier comments: "i still dont like tommy" were a bit over the top. I'm indifferent really. There are things I like about him and things I dont. To me there are 2 sides to the SEC coaching fence...guys like Richt, Shula, Zook, Holtz..on the other side are guys like Fulmer and Cutcliffe. Id put Tubbs on the first side...for now.

127627[/snapback]

Very classy of you! Impressed much am I!!!

However, will you now retract the statement that Tuberville was boasting that we could run the score up on Bama? Or do you honestly think that was what he was doing?

• 1 year later...
No No, that's "Make 7-up yours."  Tubby's really in to soft drinks. :P

127666[/snapback]

LOL.........Then he climbed up the sideline camera that's on tracks and started shaking it saying.......That's the Worst F'N Call that ref has ever F'N made.....That F'N, Son of F'N Mutha F'er.......He needs to F'N get some F'N Blue Blockers to see the F'N field..... :realmad::soapbox::thedeal: :devil2: :bawling: :innocent: :bricks: Oh, my bad that's Coach Hula's way of complaining....sorry....War "BY GOD" Eagle

Archived