Baseball vs South Carolina Game 1

Shaffer draws a lead off walk in the bottom of the 1st for Auburn. no score. Haecker chops one to slowly to short...shortstop throws to 2nd and then to first, but not in time for either runner. both SAFE with Jordan Ebert coming to bat. bunts...pops it up, it drops, ball is fielded after hop and thrown to 3rd and not in time. BASES LOADED for Tomscha....NO OUTS.

Tomscha chops to 3rd, throw goes to first for the out. Shaffer scores.. 1-0 Auburn. 1 out. runners at 2nd and 3rd. Blake Austin at bat.

Blake Austin swings on the first pitch....FLY ball DEEP to left field....and OVER THE GREEN MONSTER for a 3 run home run. Auburn leads 4-0 with 1 out. WAR EAGLE!!!! The left fielder took 2 or 3 steps and then just stood and watched it. No doubt that was hammered.

Good to get a head start on the scoring.

I really hope we didn't burn up our allotment of runs for the series with the first four batters in the first inning of game one. To say this team is light hitting isn't even close. C'mon guys, get the bats cranked up, it's getting late in the season.

South Carolina goes in order in their half of the 8th. 4-2 Auburn. An insurance run or two would be nice here..

I really hope we didn't burn up our allotment of runs for the series with the first four batters in the first inning of game one. To say this team is light hitting isn't even close. C'mon guys, get the bats cranked up, it's getting late in the season.

You are right, its not close and its not accurate either. Auburn in THIRD in the league in batting with a .287 team average. Only Ole Miss and Kentucky (both at .310) are ahead of Auburn. The bigger problem is bad luck and bad decisions running the bases thus taking potential runs off the field. Because of that, Auburn has scored as many runs as we or they would like. It's certainly not the lack of hitting.

Dylan Ortman pitches a complete game for Auburn. Auburn defeats South Carolina 4-2 in game 1 of double header. Game 2 will be at 4...

Great win....only 4 hits but the tater in the first inning by Austin did the trick and Ortman came through again with a good outing. WE

We will see more and more of this as the season winds down in May. I think we will finish about 7- 10 games over .500 this season.

You are right, its not close and its not accurate either. Auburn in THIRD in the league in batting with a .287 team average. Only Ole Miss and Kentucky (both at .310) are ahead of Auburn. The bigger problem is bad luck and bad decisions running the bases thus taking potential runs off the field. Because of that, Auburn has scored as many runs as we or they would like. It's certainly not the lack of hitting.

I think I understand your point. I don't think luck has a much of a factor in baseball, the ball doesn't bounce funny like in football. Our team batting average is decent but we just don't score runs like we need to. While we are third in the conference in hitting, we are 12th in runs scored. We have scored three runs or less in 8 of 16 conference games. That won't get it done. Our starting pitchers go into a game knowing they have to be lights out, and they've been the best part of this team so far in my opinion.

Archived