Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

Are we still trending for NCM and Jay? I don't know why but I have started getting nervous about the two. I really want them I the class. I see they are both picking between AU and UNC. Has UNC been a real threat for Jay?

That's because nervous is in your personality. I've picked up on that in the past few weeks. 1. Yes, Bigtime 2. No. JM does not have the grades for UNC.

You mean it's easier to get into Auburn than UNC? The same UNC that gave away degrees just for writing papers.

UNC only accepts 30% of applicants and has higher average test scores.

I'm surprised that carries over to athletics though. They require great scores to get in but why give paper degrees to the basketball team under Roy Williams. They shouldn't need a diluted degree if they can earn one on their own.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we still trending for NCM and Jay? I don't know why but I have started getting nervous about the two. I really want them I the class. I see they are both picking between AU and UNC. Has UNC been a real threat for Jay?

That's because nervous is in your personality. I've picked up on that in the past few weeks. 1. Yes, Bigtime 2. No. JM does not have the grades for UNC.

You mean it's easier to get into Auburn than UNC? The same UNC that gave away degrees just for writing papers.

I'm surprised that carries over to athletics though. They require great scores to get in but why give paper degrees to the basketball team under Roy Williams. They shouldn't need a diluted degree if they can earn one on their own.

as noted....special consideration is for basketball....primarily because a couple exceptions are easy to slip in...but football is still not important enough to warrant those "wink wink" admissions.

My degrees are not from UNC, but they are on paper. Should I be concerned?

Got UNC degrees all over my family....the diplomas seem to be good. ...or course most of them were from several years ago.i

I'd be very surprised if that applied to scholarship athletes in ANY sport. UNC probably has the same entrance requirements for scholarship athletes as the majority of other power-5 schools and that's the NCAA minimum.

The University of Florida has extremely tough entrance requirements, much like UNC's except that UF's athletes only have to meet the NCAA minimums. I'd expect that to work the same way at UNC.

I'd be very surprised if that applied to scholarship athletes in ANY sport. UNC probably has the same entrance requirements for scholarship athletes as the majority of other power-5 schools and that's the NCAA minimum.

The University of Florida has extremely tough entrance requirements, much like UNC's except that UF's athletes only have to meet the NCAA minimums. I'd expect that to work the same way at UNC.

That is not how it works, Wisconsin had to let go of a top rb last year late who signed with Nebraska and was heavily recruited by bama because he did not hit university standards, Anderson the coach that left UW for Oregon State had issues with the difficulties to bring in JUCO's and other athletes. Most schools have standards, the SEC makes it really easy to qualify athletes

That is not how it works, Wisconsin had to let go of a top rb last year late who signed with Nebraska and was heavily recruited by bama because he did not hit university standards, Anderson the coach that left UW for Oregon State had issues with the difficulties to bring in JUCO's and other athletes. Most schools have standards, the SEC makes it really easy to qualify athletes

Non athletes couldn't get into Auburn with the grades that many athletes present. The athletes have to meet NCAA standards, others, Auburn standards. If Wisconsin doesn't make exceptions for athletes they are in the minority.

Non athletes couldn't get into Auburn with the grades that many athletes present. The athletes have to meet NCAA standards, others, Auburn standards. If Wisconsin doesn't make exceptions for athletes they are in the minority.

you may think that, but sometimes coaches are given a couple exceptions a year to get excepted, if somehow they pass the NCAA minimums....but most schools outside of the SEC have different standards

you may think that, but sometimes coaches are given a couple exceptions a year to get excepted, if somehow they pass the NCAA minimums....but most schools outside of the SEC have different standards

I believe that the vast majority of the power-5 schools admit or deny athletes admission based on the NCAA standards, not the higher standards that may apply to most other students.

I believe that the vast majority of the power-5 schools admit or deny athletes admission based on the NCAA standards, not the higher standards that may apply to most other students.

of course they do, some don't have it at the lowest level of standards, such as Vandy in the SEC. I have been around this for a while, I have seen a football player admitted to a school that could not spell the word "the" correctly on his first paper in college...."tha" is how it was spelled

When they are on the up & up I believe it is.

"tha" or "thuh" is the phonetic spelling. lol. Of course, you also have schools that will feed HS athletes to other schools, such as Foley to insure their commitment can obtain the NCAA minimum. go figure.

Downgraded to 4* on Rivals. It wouldn't change how happy I'd be to get him, though.

How do they not have a Position Ranking for the #35 national player?

Because they fear he is headed to AU...

of course they do, some don't have it at the lowest level of standards, such as Vandy in the SEC. I have been around this for a while, I have seen a football player admitted to a school that could not spell the word "the" correctly on his first paper in college...."tha" is how it was spelled

Well then, it appears that we are in complete agreement. :thumbsup:

Downgraded to 4* on Rivals. It wouldn't change how happy I'd be to get him, though.

How do they not have a Position Ranking for the #35 national player?

Because they fear he is headed to AU...

That was the week Rivals was doing their updates. They now have him as the #3 WR in the class

Even Vandy, Georgia Tech and Virginia make exceptions for athletes.

Wasn't this young man going to announce his choice today at 1:00 pm, or did I miss something?

Not what you want to read I know but the reports by national guys Mike Farrel & Derek Tyson are real. The battle for Nate is apparently much closer than most think. It appears to be a genuine toss up right now. Apparently UNC is pounding the AU staff is gone if we don't win big next year angle.

Hope they explained to him that Gus isn't leaving. If jay fires gus then the boosters are gunna get jay fired IMO. Too many coaches being paid to not coach at that point.

Jay may be let go before there's an opportunity for him to let Gus go.

Archived