2015 3* JUCO DT Maurice Swain commits to AU!

ellitor

Robbie Faulk and Paul Jones (MSU insider) CB'd him to Miss State.

We've been slow-playing Swain for months now. Were I in his shoes and another school acted like they really wanted me, I'd go there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie Faulk and Paul Jones (MSU insider) CB'd him to Miss State.

We've been slow-playing Swain for months now. Were I in his shoes and another school acted like they really wanted me, I'd go there.

Yep, so would I.

I'm glad to have Swain on board. My MSU friends were 100% convinced last night that he would sign there in the morning. That's two really good programs gunning for the guy, which tells me he can play.

I don't think it says our DL recruiting is going poorly. It could mean we want to sign more than we originally thought. Lots of big-time targets still on the board, but you're only going to get so many of the top guys. You can't bank on signing Beckner, Cowart, Jefferson, and Payne. That's just not going to happen in the same class. Keep plugging on the headliners and fill the gaps with quality players like Swain. Size-wise, he's ready to contribute at a position of need. No downside here.

At minimum, I suspect he'll be a Ben Bradley-type player, which gives us a quality rotation guy for next fall.

My apparel gauge (bought Auburn gear while on his visit) had him at Auburn. He bought a blue Under Armor shirt.

I know my gauge isn't 100%, but it's right more often than it's wrong. Kirk wore a nondescript navy blue shirt on his visit, so A&M didn't surprise me. The good news is that Ivey bought an orange Under Armor shirt, so I like our chances despite the naysayers. Whatever, it's fun to monitor, so put away the flame thrower, El, I know it's not 100% accurate.

My apparel gauge (bought Auburn gear while on his visit) had him at Auburn. He bought a blue Under Armor shirt.

I know my gauge isn't 100%, but it's right more often than it's wrong. Kirk wore a nondescript navy blue shirt on his visit, so A&M didn't surprise me. The good news is that Ivey bought an orange Under Armor shirt, so I like our chances despite the naysayers. Whatever, it's fun to monitor, so put away the flame thrower, El, I know it's not 100% accurate.

E would have something to say to that if he wasn't MIA again.

Hate to be a downer but does this mean that our DL recruiting is not going well?

This is only the second DL prospect, including ends, that we have committed/signed. I think that speaks for itself. Is there time to catch up? Yes. Is adding more quality DL guys an accomplished fact? No.

Hate to be a downer but does this mean that our DL recruiting is not going well?

This is only the second DL prospect, including ends, that we have committed/signed. I think that speaks for itself. Is there time to catch up? Yes. Is adding more quality DL guys an accomplished fact? No.

Also, look at the classes of some teams that we play and recruit against:

-Bama has 4 DLs averaging 3.5*s

-UGA has 6 DLs averaging 4*s

-TAMU has 3 DLs averaging 4*s

3 other teams who aren't on the schedule, but who we do recruit against:

-FSU has 2 DLs averaging 4.5*s

-Clemson has 6 DLs averaging 3.67*s

-Tennessee has 5 DLs averaging 4*s

Now, if we get 2 of 3 out of Cowart, Jefferson and Beckner, then things look a lot better. If we get Payne on top of that, then things are pretty stellar. But that's a lot to hope for.

Swain, at a position of need, signed with the good guys today. Some see this as good news. For others, it is merely a cue for anguish. Happy Christmas.

Great get! I think Swain will come in hungry and ready to get in there and scrap! Welcome to the Family, Big Swain!

Archived