Players leaving early

AUTUmike

Word is that Frost is leaning towards returning to school and Cass is still split.

Both of them better stay. Neither one is anywhere near ready for the NFL.

I'm reading Frost has all but decided to stick around, nothing about Cass though. Haven't read/seen squat.

May be a dumb question but who is Squat???

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word is that Frost is leaning towards returning to school and Cass is still split.

I'm reading Frost has all but decided to stick around, nothing about Cass though. Haven't read/seen squat.

Squat is the real insider...has all the official dope on things like this....

Squat is the real insider...has all the official dope on things like this....

I thought maybe it was shorthand for sasquatch :dunno:

When I saw both Frost and Mckinzey were considering leaving early I was thinking, as John McEnroe would say, "You cannot be serious". In the Outback Bowl both of them were hit with late hits which kept drives alive. They keep making the same mistakes but for some unknown reason they feel they are ready for the NFL...Yeah, right.

When I saw both Frost and Mckinzey were considering leaving early I was thinking, as John McEnroe would say, "You cannot be serious". In the Outback Bowl both of them were hit with late hits which kept drives alive. They keep making the same mistakes but for some unknown reason they feel they are ready for the NFL...Yeah, right.

Good gravy. The reason is not unknown. They think they might be ready because the freaking NFL told them they might be.

Man, if I were them, I might be in a mighty big hurry to get the hell away from Auburn fans, too.

I just doubt either one leaves. May just want to be dramatic, and wait until the end to say they are staying.

Orrrrrr, maybe it's kind of a big decision and they understand- unlike a bunch of fans who have relatively infinitesimal investment in their decision and even less knowledge about what it should be- the obvious, which is that they should take as long as they need to make sure they make the right one.

I just doubt either one leaves. May just want to be dramatic, and wait until the end to say they are staying.

Orrrrrr, maybe it's kind of a big decision and they understand- unlike a bunch of fans who have relatively infinitesimal investment in their decision and even less knowledge about what it should be- the obvious, which is that they should take as long as they need to make sure they make the right one.

:thumbsup:

Cassanova McKinzy 30@McKinzy30 2m2 minutes ago

I've came second my whole life. I will not come second at anything else in life if I can control it. And you all can take that one to the bank.

I hope this a correct tweet

first tweet:

Cassanova McKinzy 30@McKinzy30 8m8 minutes ago

I had a talk with God, and God said no cass. No cass don't go. Everything is possible through him. He has the last say so.

They may both stay, but to assume that they would go undrafted, baffles me.

maybe it's their history of not being that great at what they are supposed to do. One look at the tape and that would make anyone say no. If I were an NFL GM, I likely wouldn't draft either one. MIGHT take a flyer on one in the 7th round. Certainly not any higher.

They may both stay, but to assume that they would go undrafted, baffles me.

maybe it's their history of not being that great at what they are supposed to do. One look at the tape and that would make anyone say no. If I were an NFL GM, I likely wouldn't draft either one. MIGHT take a flyer on one in the 7th round. Certainly not any higher.

probably why neither one of us will ever be a NFL GM, scout, etc. We just have an opinion, not the ability, unless the Jets came calling!!!

Cass made the right choice for Auburn and for Cass. Glad to have him back next year. :wareagle:

Auburn redshirt junior WR Sammie Coates has "[Terrell Owens'] body, [Odell Beckham Jr.'s] burst and [Darrius Heyward-Bey's] hands," writes NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

We couldn't agree more. Coates has the build of a No. 1 WR (6-foot-2, 201 pounds) and the speed of a No. 1 WR (4.36 40-yard dash), but he has failed to live up to scouts' expectations. Perhaps the biggest reason for that is Coates' consistent inability to produce as a No. 1 receiver at Auburn. The Tigers' offense completely stagnated this year when WR Duke Williams was hurt or suspended and Coates was forced into the featured-receiver role. When Coates could focus on running fly routes as the No. 2 receiver, he thrived. "Coates drops a ton of balls but just when you want to write him off, he makes a freaky play," Jeremiah wrote. Coates will declare for the draft and has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Because of his measurables, Coates is a decent bet to get over-drafted. "Coates [will] make a circus catch in traffic and then completely fail to track the ball a few plays later," Jeremiah wrote.

Auburn redshirt junior WR Sammie Coates has "[Terrell Owens'] body, [Odell Beckham Jr.'s] burst and [Darrius Heyward-Bey's] hands," writes NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

We couldn't agree more. Coates has the build of a No. 1 WR (6-foot-2, 201 pounds) and the speed of a No. 1 WR (4.36 40-yard dash), but he has failed to live up to scouts' expectations. Perhaps the biggest reason for that is Coates' consistent inability to produce as a No. 1 receiver at Auburn. The Tigers' offense completely stagnated this year when WR Duke Williams was hurt or suspended and Coates was forced into the featured-receiver role. When Coates could focus on running fly routes as the No. 2 receiver, he thrived. "Coates drops a ton of balls but just when you want to write him off, he makes a freaky play," Jeremiah wrote. Coates will declare for the draft and has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Because of his measurables, Coates is a decent bet to get over-drafted. "Coates [will] make a circus catch in traffic and then completely fail to track the ball a few plays later," Jeremiah wrote.

Yeah pretty much

Yeah pretty much

yep...but the league is full of guys with the same characteristics....every Sunday we see WRs quit on routes, run the wrong routes, drop balls that hit them in the hands and then make a spectacular catch...so no matter what the analysis says, he will probably find a home somewhere.

Really glad that Cass is staying for his senior season. I've also heard that Kris Frost is staying for his senior year as well. Now, I just wish Sammie would change his mind and come back next fall.

Really glad that Cass is staying for his senior season. I've also heard that Kris Frost is staying for his senior year as well. Now, I just wish Sammie would change his mind and come back next fall.

Doubt another year in college would make Coates a good catcher of the ball or a polished route runner. His value is likely as high as it will ever be- he's right to leave while he can potentially earn big dollars through the draft.

Coates could only increase his NFL value by returning. He is costing himself a lot. Next year's offense is going to be a pass-centric version with a prolifice passer at the helm. Sammy could be a headliner. Just not too smart to go now.

Coates could only increase his NFL value by returning. He is costing himself a lot. Next year's offense is going to be a pass-centric version with a prolifice passer at the helm. Sammy could be a headliner. Just not too smart to go now.

Archived