Pelton

AuburnSpider

Guest jojo1515

Ranked 63rd in total defense.... We were 57th and fired our dc and likely most of the D staff...MSU just isn't playing well after the long break

Hell no regardless of what he's doing now his dlines at AU were terrible and stuff got ultra sour overall when he replaced Rocker as DL coach.

NO!

Going against the grain here, but I think both Pelton and Roof are better coaches than what we gave them credit for. Sure, our D under them wasn't that great, but as soon as Roof left, his defense at PSU was solid, and now his D at GT including the Dline, coached by Pelton, has done a fine job. It's just weird that we have been so cursed on the defensive side of the ball since Paul Rhodes and Tubs.

Going against the grain here, but I think both Pelton and Roof are better coaches than what we gave them credit for. Sure, our D under them wasn't that great, but as soon as Roof left, his defense at PSU was solid, and now his D at GT including the Dline, coached by Pelton, has done a fine job. It's just weird that we have been so cursed on the defensive side of the ball since Paul Rhodes and Tubs.

They just gave up 600 yards to Miss St with a month to prepare after getting devastated by Jameis Winston....not too good it seems

Guest jojo1515

Seriously guys. GT was 63rd in total defense coming in to the game. We were 57th. Most Auburn fans absolutely hated the quality of our D this year. GTs defense was worse than ours and played in the pathetic ACC. Let that sink in before you start claiming that Roof and Pelton have done a good job and the we are somehow cursed. Put that same quality defense in the SEC and they likely wouldn't have finished in the top 80 or 90. Give me a freaking break. GTs defense is so terrible that we are firing most of our D staff for a pathetic showing and they are actually worse. Geez

Seriously guys. GT was 63rd in total defense coming in to the game. We were 57th. Most Auburn fans absolutely hated the quality of our D this year. GTs defense was worse than ours and played in the pathetic ACC. Let that sink in before you start claiming that Roof and Pelton have done a good job and the we are somehow cursed. Put that same quality defense in the SEC and they likely wouldn't have finished in the top 80 or 90. Give me a freaking break. GTs defense is so terrible that we are firing most of our D staff for a pathetic showing and they are actually worse. Geez

Settle down

It affects people when there misguided views are challenged. Saying Lolley, Roof, Pelton, Van Gorder, or Johnson can coach really messes with them.

There is also a huge talent gap between what Roof and Pelton had at Auburn and what they have at Ga Tech. The best recruiting class Ga Tech has had in the past four years was ranked 41st by Rivals in 2011. In 2012 they were ranked 57th; in 2013 they were ranked 85th; in 2014 they were ranked 47th. For them to have the 63rd ranked defense in total yards really isn't that bad with the talent level they have.

Who cares how many yards they have given up? We put up 600 on bama and lost, so obviously yards don't win the game. Total yards as an end all ranking for defenses is outdated with today's prolific offenses. GT beat State, as well as Georgia, and we didn't. I'd say our offense is better than.GTs, so it would stand to reason that their D is obviously capable regardless of them not playing in the SEC.

Who cares how many yards they have given up? We put up 600 on bama and lost, so obviously yards don't win the game. Total yards as an end all ranking for defenses is outdated with today's prolific offenses. GT beat State, as well as Georgia, and we didn't. I'd say our offense is better than.GTs, so it would stand to reason that their D is obviously capable regardless of them not playing in the SEC.

So you want them back?

Archived