Don't listen now ! Rush doing more race baiting !!!

AURaptor

Cole, I have no doubt Al Sharpton does not speak for you.

But any man that is the annointed voice of roughly 11 miilion African Americans is influential. There is no doubting that fact.

In 2013 US Census Bureau estimated 45,003,665 African Americans in the United States meaning that 14.1% of the total American population of 316.1 Million is Black.

A 2013 Zogby Analytics poll found that one quarter of African Americans said that Sharpton speaks for them.

"annointed voice" :rolleyes:

Gee, I wonder what that poll actually asked, specifically.

Before you dis Zogby, you might want to check them out. :dunno:

OK fine.

But do you know what the poll actually asked?

Like Cole, I wasn't polled. So no, I don't know the specific question. I would imagine, given Zogby's reputation and the fact they are a leading public opinion research firm, their methodology and intent were above board. Wouldn't you? Think about it. Your an African American recipient of a Zogby poll. If it wasn't fair and above board would you answer?

No, what they actually asked may not confirm the subjective statement that Sharpton is "very influential in the black community". So if you are going to use poll results to prove that statement, you need to know exactly what the poll asked.

For example, it's possible to agree with a statement from someone who you otherwise disregard as a leader or influential person.

Well, I have at least one eye and ear on my head so, I don't need a poll to confirm the obvious. Just sayin'.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auraptor= judge of all things RIGHT and wrong...just because he says so.....

I see why he didn't like me right off the bat, nice little niche he made for himself here

Very obvious......it's only common sense that Sharpton is influential to African Americans, I mean when he has a protest there are African Americans around.....he is just as influential as MLK and Malcolm X.....

I see why he didn't like me right off the bat, nice little niche he made for himself here

So, it's a crime to talk about things which I know of , is it ? I'm not carrying on about things of which I've NEVER listened, to, like some here. I guess I should start in on that as well, and then I can be the GOD™ some claim I am.

<_<

cole - the problem w/ you is that you're unwilling to admit when you're wrong. I'll freely admit when I am, and if shown, will gladly accept learning something new. But all you've done is name call and accuse me of being a racist. ( ok - having a problem w/ blacks )

Do better, and you'll get better.

So, it's a crime to talk about things which I know of , is it ? I'm not carrying on about things of which I've NEVER listened, to, like some here. I guess I should start in on that as well, and then I can be the GOD™ some claim I am.

<_</>

cole - the problem w/ you is that you're unwilling to admit when you're wrong. I'll freely admit when I am, and if shown, will gladly accept learning something new. But all you've done is name call and accuse me of being a racist. ( ok - having a problem w/ blacks )

Do better, and you'll get better.

You're a great victim. I'm the one who called YOU names...You had to have been that kid who is an a$$ and runs his mouth in school and once he gets punched in that mouth he runs to the teacher crying saying look at what he did to me.....I've actually sat back and took your belittling about as much as I'm going to take it though

See, you feel insulted when someone points out that you don't know very much about a topic, when in fact, you don't know much about a topic.

No one is making FUN of you for not knowing, but you are speaking at great lengths on a topic of which you're very unfamiliar.

On THIS matter, I DO know what I'm talking about, and because of that, I will go on and on about what I KNOW.

If this were a discussion on NASCAR, or great matches in World Cup Soccer history, I'd have to sit on the sidelines and pretty much let others do the talking.

Very obvious......it's only common sense that Sharpton is influential to African Americans, I mean when he has a protest there are African Americans around.....he is just as influential as MLK and Malcolm X.....

Brilliant!

Yeah I'm learning how to end arguments with you guys. The agree to disagree doesn't work....

Don't know about the "you guys" but, you can always agree to disagree with me. No harm no foul.

Not racist, homer. You might not like it, but it still does not make it racist.

swing and miss, yet again.

Taking snippets, single sentences out of context, or making them up out of thin air ( as is often the case w/ these sites ) proves MY point, more than it does yours.

Thanks for playing.

How about these:

Top 10 Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes

1. "I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

2. "You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

3. "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

4. "Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing."

5. "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

6. "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

7. "They're 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"

8. "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller)."

9. "I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve."

Read more at http://www.snopes.co...7EErUoL7drZP.99

But any man that is the annointed voice of roughly 11 miilion African Americans is influential. There is no doubting that fact.

In 2013 US Census Bureau estimated 45,003,665 African Americans in the United States meaning that 14.1% of the total American population of 316.1 Million is Black.

A 2013 Zogby Analytics poll found that one quarter of African Americans said that Sharpton speaks for them.

OK fine.

Like Cole, I wasn't polled. So no, I don't know the specific question. I would imagine, given Zogby's reputation and the fact they are a leading public opinion research firm, their methodology and intent were above board. Wouldn't you? Think about it. Your an African American recipient of a Zogby poll. If it wasn't fair and above board would you answer?

No, what they actually asked may not confirm the subjective statement that Sharpton is "very influential in the black community". So if you are going to use poll results to prove that statement, you need to know exactly what the poll asked.

For example, it's possible to agree with a statement from someone who you otherwise disregard as a leader or influential person.

Well, I have at least one eye and ear on my head so, I don't need a poll to confirm the obvious. Just sayin'.

Obvious? What is obvious?

OK fine.

Your lack of genuineness.

homer, I already went over this with cole. Those quotes, if you read past the first paragraph, are either misquotes or entirely fabricated.

Or to put it in simple terms - he didn't say those things.

And the comment about McNabb ? He's 100 % correct. There's not 1 damn thing about stating the truth. He got in trouble for saying that which others , who cover and write for the NFL, who said the exact same thing.

Only , when Rush says it, it some how causes controversy. It's total b.s. and a screw job by the media.

See, you feel insulted when someone points out that you don't know very much about a topic, when in fact, you don't know much about a topic.

No one is making FUN of you for not knowing, but you are speaking at great lengths on a topic of which you're very unfamiliar.

On THIS matter, I DO know what I'm talking about, and because of that, I will go on and on about what I KNOW.

If this were a discussion on NASCAR, or great matches in World Cup Soccer history, I'd have to sit on the sidelines and pretty much let others do the talking.

You are (yet again) making a complete fool of yourself.

But thanks at least for providing a good laugh. :rolleyes:

And nothing but insults, once again.

OK fine.

You respond with an evasive, beg-the-question statement to end the discussion and you claim it is I who is lacking in genuineness?? Now that's chutzpah! :-\

Well, if you are incapable or unwilling of providing any facts to back you claims, can you at least provide a link to your source?

And nothing but insults, once again.

Well, I was referring to your arguments which unfortunately bear me out.

Write something sensible and I will compliment it.

I did write something sensible. You ignored it. Per usual.

That doesn't make any sense. How can one respond to something they ignored?

(Not to mention I put it in bold red text. :-\ :lol: )

OK fine.

You respond with an evasive, beg-the-question statement to end the discussion and you claim it is I who is lacking in genuineness?? Now that's chutzpah! :-\

Well, if you are incapable or unwilling of providing any facts to back you claims, can you at least provide a link to your source?

That is :bs:and you darn well know it.

And I've already provided a source. Why ignore it? Why so obtuse?

Not racist, homer. You might not like it, but it still does not make it racist.

swing and miss, yet again.

Taking snippets, single sentences out of context, or making them up out of thin air ( as is often the case w/ these sites ) proves MY point, more than it does yours.

Thanks for playing.

Not exactly.

If you go back to the snopes site where those come from, they vet each one. At least one could not be definitively verified but most could, some even by direct admission from Rushbo himself.

But it's OK if you'd rather wrap yourself in denial. It won't surprise anyone.

OK fine.

You stated a source but you didn't provide a link. What's obtuse about asking you for a link to your source?

And I am not sure what you are referring to when you say "that's" bs. Regardless, nothing I said was false.

Not exactly.

If you go back to the snopes site where those come from, they vet each one. At least one good not be definitively verified but most could, some even by direct admission from Rushbo himself.

But it's OK if you'd rather wrap yourself in denial. It won't surprise anyone.

I already did exactly that, and you're simply wrong. Look, I already did this dance w/ cole. Sorry, but you're too late.

Merely tossing out a list of quotes as " proof " of racism doesn't cut it. Not by a long shot.

ETA - per # 9, that has been thoroughly debunked. It wasn't just Rush who was saying it, and he was talking more about THE NFL and not disparaging McNabb.

http://www.wnd.com/2003/10/21099/

OK fine.

You stated a source but you didn't provide a link. What's obtuse about asking you for a link to your source?

And I am not sure what you are referring to when you say "that's" bs. Regardless, nothing I said was false.

I cited a 2013 US Census Bureau stat and a 2013 Zogby Analytics Poll. Let Google be your friend. Enjoy!

Archived