Don't listen now ! Rush doing more race baiting !!!

AURaptor

Rush is talking about the Atlanta mayor firing the city's Fire Chief.

OMG !! How could he ? Talking about a black guy getting fired ???

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this thread really necessary?

Just making a point. The wolf cries of " racism " by some here are getting beyond tiresome.

Since I gave up paying attention to Rush many years ago, no one needs to worry about me listening to him now. He's the "Paul Finebaum" of political talk radio, except with less sense and fewer facts. Only the existence of Ann Coulter and Glen Beck keeps him from being the MOST obnoxious and ignorant pundit on the right.

(And yes, the left has some pretty obnoxious/ignorant spokespersons too! I'm not a fan of Al Sharpton, for example.)

He's the exact opposite of Finebaum, but as you wish.

I meant Finebaum as s#!*-stirrer par excellence, and inciter of his emotional base for the sake of ratings.

But I respect (and anticipated) your disagreement. To each, his own opinion. Viva la 1st Amendment! :thumbsup:

Actually appears he screwed up, wrote a book with not so nice things about homosexuals, and pissed off the mayor's desire to have the city perceived as a all inclusive and welcoming place. The chief is now claiming he was fired because he was a Christian.

He got fired cause of his position and public image. People don't want to move to places where bigotry is seen as being the protectors, neither do businesses.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/07/atlanta-fire-chief-was-fired-because-my-christian-faith/

1st Amendment doesn't apply here though. But as for Rush, it's no lie that he'll take a strong stand in what he believes.That's not the same as hoping over the fence, as the situation calls, and take sides on issues. Rush is as like mind today as he's been 20 years go.

Unlike f-bomb, Rush won't take a position just to tick off the other side. He really means what he says. That's why your comparison is faulty.

Actually appears he screwed up, wrote a book with not so nice things about homosexuals, and pissed off the mayor's desire to have the city perceived as a all inclusive and welcoming place. The chief is now claiming he was fired because he was a Christian.

He got fired cause of his position and public image. People don't want to move to places where bigotry is seen as being the protectors, neither do businesses.

http://www.foxnews.c...hristian-faith/

The Chief apparently brought his views , and his book , into the work place, and then wasn't contrite in the least for doing so.

cole....when you first came on board I enjoyed exchanging a few posts with you and said you were a pretty solid guy. But reading you incessant posts since about race and defending some obvious black racists like Sharpton I begin to wonder. Is there any well known black you consider to be racist? Just wondering.

http://www.foxnews.c...hristian-faith/

The Chief apparently brought his views , and his book , into the work place, and then wasn't contrite in the least for doing so.

Which as I said and the mayor says in the article basically... your views messed with my image and the image of the city due to your position and got people on my ass.

“I want to be clear that the material in Chief Cochran’s book is not representative of my personal beliefs, and is inconsistent with the Administration’s work to make Atlanta a more welcoming city for all of her citizens -- regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, race and religious beliefs,” Mayor Reed wrote.

Dude got fired cause he became a headache for the mayor with this book.

cole....when you first came on board I enjoyed exchanging a few posts with you and said you were a pretty solid guy. But reading you incessant posts since about race and defending some obvious black racists like Sharpton I begin to wonder. Is there any well known black you consider to be racist? Just wondering.

You haven't heard me defend a racist at all. You definitely haven't heard me defend Sharpton. But to ask me is there any well known black I consider racist is humorous when you or I guess the others who share your views have said there has been any wrong doing to any of the people that has been killed. You post stuff to start arguments, pretty much disregard any white person doing anything racist because you would prefer to talk about someone black being racist or whatever to fit an agenda. Right is right and wrong is wrong period. I don't like Sharpton at all, but he's not close to being as big as an influence you make pretend and there's not too big of a difference between him and Limbaugh. The difference between us is I read what you say and I listen, if I don't agree I tell you why and we can discuss differences. I can't say you, but your pals are disrespectful, view anybody that doesn't agree with them as stupid, and tries to belittle. If you have a problem with me but don't have a problem with your right hand man then something is wrong with you. Since I joined this board if you didn't have anything to say about the way some of your friends has been posting but feel it was time to call me out that actually says something about you IMO

I don't like Sharpton at all, but he's not close to being as big as an influence you make pretend and there's not too big of a difference between him and Limbaugh.

Sharpton has tremendous influence, he's been to the WH nearly 100 times acting as Obama's chief counsel on race relations. The differences between Sharpton and Limbaugh are vast. When was the last time Limbaugh cooked a story like the Tawanna Brawley hoax or the Freddie Fashion Mart hoax and what about Limbaugh's rap sheet? How does it compare to this?

http://www.freerepub...s/1816884/posts

Al Sharpton deserves criticism, in my view, because he is a proven race racketeer and a prolific tax cheat that currently owes the IRS nearly $5million dollars. On top of that our President has made him a member of his inner circle when he is nothing but a reprehensible loud mouth who has historically looked for a stage to scream racism when none existed.

cole....sorry you feel that way. I think you need to get that chip off your shoulder. I haven't said one single negative think to you or about you yet you form an opinion of me based on posts I have made expressing MY opinion. That's OK because that's what we ALL do here. I'm not sure who you are talking to when you refer to my "pals." Let me note....the topic of this thread is about Rush. I have listened to Rush a cumulative of less than an hour in my life and haven't made any comment about him or formed ANY opinion based on anything he has ever said.

I only know a few here in person and we often disagree on things. But so be if that's the way you want it to be.

But by the way, you didn't answer my simple question.,,,,,,,is there any well known black person you thnk is racist?

Stuff like that...please don't try to tell me that Sharpton has a great national influence in African Americans because he don't. Criticize Sharpton all you want go ahead but that's your opinion and I have mine I'll criticize them both. They both stir up race stuff to make money

Blue beat me to it. To even mention Limbaugh in w/ the likes of Sharpton is a complete and utter showcase of ignorance. That's why I was getting on others for doing that before.

cole....sorry you feel that way. I think you need to get that chip off your shoulder. I haven't said one single negative think to you or about you yet you form an opinion of me based on posts I have made expressing MY opinion. That's OK because that's what we ALL do here. I'm not sure who you are talking to when you refer to my "pals."

I only know a few here in person and we often disagree on things. But so be if that's the way you want it to be.

But by the way, you didn't answer my simple question.,,,,,,,is there any well known black person you thnk is racist?

I didn't answer it because I asked a similar question that everybody ignored. Don't understand the you formed an opinion statement. Now I have a chip on my shoulder....what if I had said that to you? What would be your reply? That you don't have one I imagine. I do the EXACT same as you and anybody else do on the board guess I didn't see your need to try to call me out, but it is what it is I guess

Blue beat me to it. To even mention Limbaugh in w/ the likes of Sharpton is a complete and utter showcase of ignorance. That's why I was getting on others for doing that before.

Lmao and who do you really think you are? God? The fact that you keep saying that is ignorance. Just because someone doesn't like you're role model they're ignorant? Like I said they both use race to make money. It's not like you should be shocked that someone view rush like that, I'm not the first to say it, he's widely regarded for it.

Stuff like that...please don't try to tell me that Sharpton has a great national influence in African Americans because he don't. Criticize Sharpton all you want go ahead but that's your opinion and I have mine I'll criticize them both. They both stir up race stuff to make money

That you dont have the good judgement to differentiate between the operations of these 2 people leads me to believe you simply aren't aware of the extremes in the differences as they really are. No problem, you can have it your way here with no further ado.

Yeah, history tells us that racism wouldn't exist without the black racists who kept bringing it up. Had they learned their proper place and not rock the boat it would have remained a non-issue. :-\

I find the obsession with black racism to be very revealing.

The obsession with Al Sharpton is just humorous.

That you dont have the good judgement to differentiate between the operations of these 2 people leads me to believe you simply aren't aware of the extremes in the differences as they really are. No problem, you can have it your way here with no further ado.

The fact that you don't have the awareness to see they are both hypocrites is sad. But hey more power to you

Yeah, history tells us that racism wouldn't exist without the black racists who kept bringing it up. Had they learned their proper place and not rock the boat it would have remained a non-issue. :-\

actually to put a little finer point on it the topic is Al Sharpton, specifically, not the entire black racce There is no obsession here but there is also no denial which seems to afflict those on the left who prefer to minimize the antics of a proven criminal

actually to put a little finer point on it the topic is Al Sharpton, specifically, not the entire black racce There is no obsession here but there is also no denial which seems to afflict those on the left who prefer to minimize the antics of a proven criminal

"proven criminal"?

The fact that you don't have the awareness to see they are both hypocrites is sad. But hey more power to you

You changing the debate now? Why dont you explain Limbaugh's hypocrisy for me. I gave you a link that laid out Sharption's criminal past. I'd love to see something similar for Limbaugh but spare me the drug thing. That is not the same as orchestrating hoaxes to fuel the flames of imaginary racism.

Archived