Micheal Barrow Candidate to Join Staff at AU

autigeremt

He's already turned down the LB coach job so why would they offer him an off field job. If he felt like he could commit to anything that has to do with coaching period right now he would have already done it. As for me being wrong, well big fat hairy deal. If I was as smart as some of the rest of you ( DHATW ) I would be a genius and wouldn't be here. As for the few times when I am right I don't come on here thumping my chest about it either.

Ok you're either dumb or illiterate or just stubborn. I'm not sure which. But, like i said, Barrow would probably be more likely to take an off the field position because it pays well and there is plenty of off time for him to spend caring for his mom while still being employed. It's a great job and many former coaches, like people on here have listed, have taken those jobs either to rehab their coaching resume or to take some time off. I never claimed that I believed Barrow would take such a position, I only said that we should make him turn us down. He would be much more of an asset to us in that position anyway, I believe.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did this idea of him taking an off field position come from? Off field spots are not for guys like him. They're for newer guys who don't have much experience, at least at the college level. It gives them a chance to learn and get prepared for going on the field.

Kevin Steele, Billy Napier, Joe Pannunzio, Phillip Lolley, and Scott Fountain all say hello.

If you believe he's going to take that then I want to sell you a certain bridge.

I never said I believed he would. I said make him turn it down. If, as some have led the board to believe, that because of his mother's sickness, he doesn't want to coach, why not offer him a position off the field where he can make a lot of money and still take some time off? You've already been wrong once, so maybe you should just keep this bridge that you've been selling to pretty much everyone on this board.

Well, its way less than you have been.

when the sniping is over and there is something pertinent, how about a PM to the rest of us .....

I am new here, but good grief. I came looking for information and there's bickering.

Sorry about that. One source of it has been shown the door. Welcome to AUF! Hopefully it'll be better going forward.

I am new here, but good grief. I came looking for information and there's bickering.

Sorry about that. One source of it has been shown the door. Welcome to AUF! Hopefully it'll be better going forward.

I missed it!! What did he do to get banned?

One wonders if there is a reason this topic has not been locked yet? Is the staff complete or after NSD will CSF be tranfered off field CRG moved to TE/ST and CLT moved to DL to leave room for CMB to LB's?

One wonders if there is a reason this topic has not been locked yet? Is the staff complete or after NSD will CSF be tranfered off field CRG moved to TE/ST and CLT moved to DL to leave room for CMB to LB's?

Yes, there's some speculation out there about both Fountain (will he still be an on-field coach after NSD?) and Bower (could he take an off-field role at Auburn?).

Yes, there's some speculation out there about both Fountain (will he still be an on-field coach after NSD?) and Bower (could he take an off-field role at Auburn?).

I haven't put much thought into it since we hired Thompson, but I believe Barrow was the ST coach along with being the LB coach at U. It's doubtful this would happen, but we could kick Fountain back behind a desk and bring Barrow in as ST coach. Again, that is highly unlikely.......but we would have one heck of a staff.

I haven't put much thought into it since we hired Thompson, but I believe Barrow was the ST coach along with being the LB coach at U. It's doubtful this would happen, but we could kick Fountain back behind a desk and bring Barrow in as ST coach. Again, that is highly unlikely.......but we would have one heck of a staff.

Yep.

I would love to get Barrow for ST coordinator and his South Florida recruiting ability. But I'm willing to give Fountain another year just because I don't feel like we should fire coaches after one bad year. ST's and DL were strong in 2013, so I think we should give Fountain and Garner another year.

If we continue to struggle on ST and on the DL in 2015, then Fountain needs to move to an off-the-field position, Garner needs to be moved to TE coach and we need another DL & ST coordinator.

Prolonged period of being a pain in the ass, repeatedly griping about the moderation, near-constant negativity, repeatedly insulting people unprovoked, etc.

Prolonged period of being a pain in the ass, repeatedly griping about the moderation, near-constant negativity, repeatedly insulting people unprovoked, etc.

Oh, is that all?!! Lol sounds like it's been a long time coming!

I would be for locking this thread and then reopening a new one should anything really tangible develop. There are at times too many threads that either extend beyond their usefulness or get totally off target. No ones fault in particular; just what can happen in this type format. WDE folks.

Let's not forget pulling rumors out of nowhere but his rear-end or his own head and posting them here as fact. He made stuff up constantly and would start a negative thread just because he could.

I usually just laughed at his posts but he made a hell of a call about LT joining this coaching staff. Have to admit that was impressive

I usually just laughed at his posts but he made a hell of a call about LT joining this coaching staff. Have to admit that was impressive

not really. The ole blind squirrel and acorn comes immediately to mind. If you say enough stuff you may eventually get one right.

So..do we want to talk about special teams or do we just watch and wait to see if anything happens by spring practice?

Is there anyone out there that does not thing that a vast improvement is needed in coverages and returns?

Archived