Micheal Barrow Candidate to Join Staff at AU

autigeremt

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people get upset with told you so's?

I could've told you people would get upset.

Ok I see how it could piss somebody off now

Lol

PM thinks it will be announced soon, but he also doesn't think it's a done deal yet.

Professional double speak. Not a done deal but could be announced soon? Lmao

if one of us came on this board and posted that, chimes and a few others would be ridiculing that person.

And rightfully so.

wde

I don't see any of the same type of those statements directed at PM. I have seen one sort of. The usual gang is strangely silent here. Double standard much?

Your sauce is so weak it's basically water. Anyone who would argue PM doesn't have sources is goofy. His statement is far from outlandish. He's saying that he thinks it will happen soon, but it's not a sealed deal yet. Wth is so hard to understand about that? Wth is so crazy about that?

Is it perhaps the least bit possible that Barrow is leaning heavily towards taking the offer, but hasn't decided for certain yet? Sounds like that is what PM's sources are telling him. Should he come out and 100% guarantee or 100% deny it to make a few doofuses happy?

Your "logic" is very deep in left field.

Jay Tate has mentioned that because of Barrow's family considerations, this isn't something they're in a hurry to finalize. It's still likely to happen though.

Lol, i'm reminded of Danny Sheridan. 50/50. If this or that, all depends..... make a prediction but leave the back door open. It's still fun though.

3357656.jpg
Only one guy noticed the photographer?
We need an LB coach with that kind of awareness! Also, is it just me, or does it look like Garner just said something about Muschamp's Mama? :-)
My response is going to make folks mad, but Garner should be on his knees thanking the PTB that Muschamp did not have enough pull to replace him on the D staff. Garner is on the clock. Our DL needs to show a lot of improvement next year. We have more than one recruiter on staff that, today, is every bit as good as RG (based on his level of effort in this regard the last few years). So, RG needs to step WAY up as an on the field coach. I really hope he proves me wrong.wde
Be careful. He's an Auburn man, so that automatically qualifies him for the job no matter what. Anything else is heresy. Forget that our defensive line has been atrocious.
Besides the fact that Stat has pointed out the interior DL production was actually slightly higher this year vs the previous year and that the problems with DE were the biggest issues, that's not enough. Those were issues we knew we had going in. Despite that you two both don't want RG as DL coach.Just for gits and shiggles here are stats from just 4 games in Tracy Rockers last season as DL coach in 2011. Alabama 213 yards rushing, 1 sack, Georgia 304 yard rushing, 2 sacks, MSU 333 yards rushing, 1 sack, Utah State 227 yards rushing, 1 sack. Overall we got 22 sacks that year vs 21 this year. We gave up 189 yards per game rushing in 2011 in 12 games. In 2014 in 13 games we gave up 168 yards per game. So tell me again how RG is a terrible DL coach. You have your mind made up based on nothing but emotion and the performance overall of the defense and blame it all on him.

As with most posters who backed up this defense as "improved", you're ignoring the first half vs second half. Second half of this year, Alabama ran it down our throats once they were done throwing TDs to Cooper, Georgia just obliterated us, Wisconsin redefined obliteration running the ball vs Auburn and there's other moments along the way like Miss St running at will with Prescott, Bo Wallace having like 70 yards running, South Carolina using the same pitch every 3rd and 4th down for 10 yards, and TAMU doing the same HB draw and toss for a first down. Overall, this running game may have looked improved but in actuality...nah

Yeah and what happened to throw everything out of kilter? The JW suspension just killed what we had started. Lambert going down didn't help. Detractors want to just ignore all of that. EVERYTHING played a role.

Also playing offenses that weren't good in the first half factored in.

PM thinks it will be announced soon, but he also doesn't think it's a done deal yet.

Professional double speak. Not a done deal but could be announced soon? Lmao

if one of us came on this board and posted that, chimes and a few others would be ridiculing that person.

Yep^^ .

Lol, i'm reminded of Danny Sheridan. 50/50. If this or that, all depends..... make a prediction but leave the back door open. It's still fun though.

I would really rather someone say it's a 50/50 shot than some clown saying "(insert name)'IS' coming to Auburn" without having any knowledge other than speculation.

And if it is just a prediction, let that be known. I have always preferred someone saying "I think" or "I predict". Using the word "is" with nothing concrete IS just obnoxious. IMO, lol. .

3357656.jpg
Only one guy noticed the photographer?
We need an LB coach with that kind of awareness! Also, is it just me, or does it look like Garner just said something about Muschamp's Mama? :-)
My response is going to make folks mad, but Garner should be on his knees thanking the PTB that Muschamp did not have enough pull to replace him on the D staff. Garner is on the clock. Our DL needs to show a lot of improvement next year. We have more than one recruiter on staff that, today, is every bit as good as RG (based on his level of effort in this regard the last few years). So, RG needs to step WAY up as an on the field coach. I really hope he proves me wrong.wde
Be careful. He's an Auburn man, so that automatically qualifies him for the job no matter what. Anything else is heresy. Forget that our defensive line has been atrocious.
Besides the fact that Stat has pointed out the interior DL production was actually slightly higher this year vs the previous year and that the problems with DE were the biggest issues, that's not enough. Those were issues we knew we had going in. Despite that you two both don't want RG as DL coach.Just for gits and shiggles here are stats from just 4 games in Tracy Rockers last season as DL coach in 2011. Alabama 213 yards rushing, 1 sack, Georgia 304 yard rushing, 2 sacks, MSU 333 yards rushing, 1 sack, Utah State 227 yards rushing, 1 sack. Overall we got 22 sacks that year vs 21 this year. We gave up 189 yards per game rushing in 2011 in 12 games. In 2014 in 13 games we gave up 168 yards per game. So tell me again how RG is a terrible DL coach. You have your mind made up based on nothing but emotion and the performance overall of the defense and blame it all on him.

As with most posters who backed up this defense as "improved", you're ignoring the first half vs second half. Second half of this year, Alabama ran it down our throats once they were done throwing TDs to Cooper, Georgia just obliterated us, Wisconsin redefined obliteration running the ball vs Auburn and there's other moments along the way like Miss St running at will with Prescott, Bo Wallace having like 70 yards running, South Carolina using the same pitch every 3rd and 4th down for 10 yards, and TAMU doing the same HB draw and toss for a first down. Overall, this running game may have looked improved but in actuality...nah

Yeah and what happened to throw everything out of kilter? The JW suspension just killed what we had started. Lambert going down didn't help. Detractors want to just ignore all of that. EVERYTHING played a role.

Also playing offenses that weren't good in the first half factored in.

Yes it was part of it. There were a whole lot of things that went into the season. They did play better and were more sound than they had been. Later on the old habits resurfaced. Why that was, I don't know. It happened and we have our new DC and things should improve a lot from this last year.

I would really rather someone say it's a 50/50 shot than some clown saying "(insert name)'IS' coming to Auburn" without having any knowledge other than speculation.

And if it is just a prediction, let that be known. I have always preferred someone saying "I think" or "I predict". Using the word "is" with nothing concrete IS just obnoxious. IMO, lol. .

Same thing IMO. It's all a prediction. I could come on here and say I predict and it's 50/50. That's really being bold right there. PM is usually good with his information but why even bother with that? You're not really telling anybody anything of consequence. I guess he was getting a lot of people asking him what he was hearing and he felt he had to put something out so that was it.

I hope Barrow comes aboard but sonner rather than later. Timing is important as we hit the home stretch to NSD.

Same thing IMO. It's all a prediction. I could come on here and say I predict and it's 50/50. That's really being bold right there. PM is usually good with his information but why even bother with that? You're not really telling anybody anything of consequence. I guess he was getting a lot of people asking him what he was hearing and he felt he had to put something out so that was it.

Yes, It's definitely different when your paid to report on a team and your expected to have inside info. But I guess if you honestly haven't heard anything solid and people are questioning you, 50/50 is probably the best thing to report at that time.

JMO but it's probably about a 50/50 chance that we might know something sometime in the next few days, give or take. And when whatever happens, happens...you should remember that you heard it here first. :)

JMO but it's probably about a 50/50 chance that we might know something sometime in the next few days, give or take. And when whatever happens, happens...you should remember that you heard it here first. :)

wheeeew now my mind can be put at ease

Yes, It's definitely different when your paid to report on a team and your expected to have inside info. But I guess if you honestly haven't heard anything solid and people are questioning you, 50/50 is probably the best thing to report at that time.

just say something that can't be wrong and get paid for being right. Heck im not even complaining i would rather read something as opposed to nothing.

just say something that can't be wrong and get paid for being right. Heck im not even complaining i would rather read something as opposed to nothing.

You're no different than most people. We all want to know what's going on and the latest information so that's how we end up with these situations like this. It's the day in which we live.

No kidding, if the deal may not happen then how could you possibly know when the announcement would be?

I think most people think it will happen right before, or the day of, the dead period ends. I think we will move on to another person if Barrow doesn't pull the trigger. We have a lot of studs coming in the 16th. I am quite sure that Gus would like to have his staff put together for that.

That's alot of thinking

My O&B glasses make it look like there has been a lot of intentional timing involved in how we've been doing things lately. It's easier to think that given that we are about to have what some are calling the biggest recruiting weekend in Auburn history. I have to imagine that every single detail of our operations is being handled with that in mind.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe it possible that we want the timing of Barrow's announcement to have as positive an effect on this weekend as possible. That might mean holding it until sometime in the next day, two or three for momentum's sake.

I agree with this being a huge recruiting weekend, with the stagnancy of the past few weeks and the glow of Muschamp's hire being almost completely washed away with that Wisconsin failure. Biggest ever might be in play too, with some of the hires other SEC teams are making (mainly Florida, the area we're trying to get the most out of right now).

Archived