Micheal Barrow Candidate to Join Staff at AU

autigeremt

My O&B glasses make it look like there has been a lot of intentional timing involved in how we've been doing things lately. It's easier to think that given that we are about to have what some are calling the biggest recruiting weekend in Auburn history. I have to imagine that every single detail of our operations is being handled with that in mind.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe it possible that we want the timing of Barrow's announcement to have as positive an effect on this weekend as possible. That might mean holding it until sometime in the next day, two or three for momentum's sake.

Link?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My O&B glasses make it look like there has been a lot of intentional timing involved in how we've been doing things lately. It's easier to think that given that we are about to have what some are calling the biggest recruiting weekend in Auburn history. I have to imagine that every single detail of our operations is being handled with that in mind.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe it possible that we want the timing of Barrow's announcement to have as positive an effect on this weekend as possible. That might mean holding it until sometime in the next day, two or three for momentum's sake.

Link?

To what?

Link?

To what?

I was just joking...

Link?

To what?

I was just joking...

Hah, gotcha.

Man we need some real news these conversations are getting inane. A poster said it appears that Barrows will sign (that means strong possibility but appears means not sure) and that there are still things to work out. (especially since we know that he quit the Miami job to deal with Family issues (his Mom)) I am going out on a limb and saying that might have something to do with the issues to work out.

I will be happy when NSD arrives so people who post whether right or wrong about who we will sign won't get lambasted. Then we can start lambasting each other about what type of Defense Boom will run and why it will work or won't work with our talent. Then finally A Day will arrive where we can talk about something that actually happened then back to the inane until first game.

You know why this happens this is a fan board, fan is an abbreviation for fanatic and the sad truth is we all are little bit or a whole lot of fanatical about our school and our sports programs especially football.

I ask one thing, please remember that while we do have a few lurkers from that East Mississippi school (TAHD FANS) the majority are Auburn people so whether well informed and knowledgeable or not please give them a break. Go ahead and comment when you disagree but don't call names and don't get into super long rebuttals back and forth. State your case once and let is stand on the merits of what you stated.

Lol, i'm reminded of Danny Sheridan. 50/50. If this or that, all depends..... make a prediction but leave the back door open. It's still fun though.

I would really rather someone say it's a 50/50 shot than some clown saying "(insert name)'IS' coming to Auburn" without having any knowledge other than speculation.

And if it is just a prediction, let that be known. I have always preferred someone saying "I think" or "I predict". Using the word "is" with nothing concrete IS just obnoxious. IMO, lol. .

Same thing IMO. It's all a prediction. I could come on here and say I predict and it's 50/50. That's really being bold right there. PM is usually good with his information but why even bother with that? You're not really telling anybody anything of consequence. I guess he was getting a lot of people asking him what he was hearing and he felt he had to put something out so that was it.

Yes, It's definitely different when your paid to report on a team and your expected to have inside info. But I guess if you honestly haven't heard anything solid and people are questioning you, 50/50 is probably the best thing to report at that time.

just say something that can't be wrong and get paid for being right. Heck im not even complaining i would rather read something as opposed to nothing.

This is what makes this amusing. There is a picture of Barrow in AU at a table with AU d staff. From that pic alone, every single person in the world could easily claim that there may be announcement soon but it may not happen. Again, when you are paid for info and you have none, you become a pro at double speak. PM has a little info occasionally, but usually has less than some on this board. Not his fault I assume. I just don't think he is included in Gus's trust circle so he has to double talk to act he like he has the insider info without being proven wrong. I'll stick to some info on this board these days a long time before taking PMs word for it.

With the coach's convention going on and no announcement yet things can still happen and change. There has been no real information on anyone else besides Barrow and less on Zook. Everything is speculation, heresay, and board rumors until a major announcement is made. Barrow appears to be the odds on favorite and I would love to have him. I'm sure we will hear something before the week is over. Let's get this done and bring in a big haul this weekend! WDE!

With Gus in Dallas and all the attention focused on the game tonight, it would make sense to me for AU to hold off on announcing a new hire.

I wouldn't mind if we hired.Oregon or Ohio State's LB coach. They both seem to have great LB's.

I didn't get to watch most of the game but when I did Oregon's linebackers were getting blocked every play.

I wouldn't mind if we hired.Oregon or Ohio State's LB coach. They both seem to have great LB's.

I didn't get to watch most of the game but when I did Oregon's linebackers were getting blocked every play.

Their DL and linebackers aren't able to stand up to the kind of O line OSU has. It's a line like most teams in the SEC have. That's what Auburn should have done to them but we did win which is all that really mattered.

Ohio State's OL pushed Oregon around through out the game. Their LB's and DE's wrere awesome. It reminded me of how we use to be with coach Jordan and coach Dye.

Oregon had similar problems that we did last night. They gave the qb too much time. Seemed liked so many 3rd and long conversions.

Archived