2015 3* CB Sheldrick Redwine (Miami signee)

ellitor

He looked completely out of water there this season. Don't know if that was due to recovery from the ACL, but I'm not counting on him. I'd love love love to have him back in that mix though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Redwine commits, that leaves us with five spots. C. Davis looks like a take, so that leaves four. We're cutting it pretty close.

Sounds like to me that we definitely wanted Dinson and that he wasn't a backup plan. Redwine is one of the top CB recruits on the board. But I really don't see AU getting 3 CB's this class with the possibility of landing top guys. Dinson is in, and Carlton if we can get him, if not then Redwine and then I think we would be done at CB. Unless we really are in that bad of shape in the secondary.

Call me skeptical, but maybe this is letting us down easy that we aren't getting as many of those shiny 5* we all want.

I'd call you perceptive, not skeptical.

Other than a small fringe, most don't believe we are signing all of our remaining targets anyways. Most believe there are a (2) 5*s that we are likely to get, with some 3 & 4s filling the gaps.

Despite Redwine relaying that he was told Auburn would sign 3 CBs this year, I'm just not seeing it. The numbers don't work out for that unless a current commit is grey shirted or de-commits IMO.

Despite Redwine relaying that he was told Auburn would sign 3 CBs this year, I'm just not seeing it. The numbers don't work out for that unless a current commit is grey shirted or de-commits IMO.

don't think Gus would get rid of the commits on the O side. Muschamp must be worried about the secondary.

interested to see how this all works out

We needed CBs. That's just a fact. Even if you consider Roberts, Ruffin, and Bessent as CBs (none have taken snaps at the position), that leaves you with only seven scholarship guys at a spot where you routinely have three on the field (Jones, Davis, Turner, and Melton). Only two of those have taken meaningful snaps and 2 are seniors. We need quality corners.

Don't forget Holesy. IMO he will be moved back to CB. I trust the staff, but I don't really understand why we need 11 or 12 CBs on our roster.

We needed CBs. That's just a fact. Even if you consider Roberts, Ruffin, and Bessent as CBs (none have taken snaps at the position), that leaves you with only seven scholarship guys at a spot where you routinely have three on the field (Jones, Davis, Turner, and Melton). Only two of those have taken meaningful snaps and 2 are seniors. We need quality corners.

Don't forget Holesy. IMO he will be moved back to CB. I trust the staff, but I don't really understand why we need 11 or 12 CBs on our roster.

We only have 7 CBs on roster now, and that's if Roberts and Holsey stay there. 2 of those are SRs and there could be injuries. I can see taking 3 easily, especially if we aren't on any 4-5* CBs for next year that can contribute immediately.

It's rather apparent that we'll take three cornerbacks. Carlton Davis and Redwine are all but done deals. C. Davis and Redwine did not decommit and walk away from a scholarship at this late date on a whim. They both have a solid offer from Auburn which the coaches expect them to accept. Dinson is already committed. That's three.

We only have 7 CBs on roster now, and that's if Roberts and Holsey stay there. 2 of those are SRs and there could be injuries. I can see taking 3 easily, especially if we aren't on any 4-5* CBs for next year that can contribute immediately.

Jones, Melton, Davis, Ruffin, Roberts, Bessent, Turner, Holesy, plus three signees is 11 CBs

There must be some attrition at CB to make room on our 85

don't think Gus would get rid of the commits on the O side. Muschamp must be worried about the secondary.

interested to see how this all works out

Must be worried about the secondary? Ha, yeah I'd say so..and for good reason. :)

Holsey hasn't played CB in anything more than spot duty for the last two years. I hope he's in the mix, but I'll believe it when I see it.

TJ Davis and Melton will be Juniors this fall. Neither have ever been in the rotation for more than a game or two. Turner was a non-factor last fall, and he's a Senior.

It's not enough to have bodies. You need guys you like that should be in the rotation. As it stands, even including Holsey (which is probably a false assumption), you have three Senior CBs. Signing three Freshmen that the staff want, that makes a lot of sense.

As far as numbers, last year we had 11 scholarship WRs (not including CJ Uzomah, who was basically a WR). How is that any different than carrying a similar number of CBs? Nickel is a standard set. It's as common for us as a 3-wide offensive set. Of the 11, some will redshirt, some will start, some will be rotation guys, and some will fall in-between. Just like every position. Last year, we also had 9 LBs for a position where we rarely had more than 2 on the field. 10-11 CBs on a roster is about where you want it.

@_23NeverLeft

All Rumors Of My De-commitment Were False And I Will Be Signing My Letter Of Intent On Feb 4 To The University Of Louisville #L1C4 203c.png

WTH

I was told that AU will take 2 CB in this recruiting class. Carlton Davis is their top target.

@_23NeverLeft

All Rumors Of My De-commitment Were False And I Will Be Signing My Letter Of Intent On Feb 4 To The University Of Louisville #L1C4 203c.png

WTH

I was told that AU will take 2 CB in this recruiting class. Carlton Davis is their top target.

So people can calm down? This makes more sense.

Rivals certainly listed him as decommited and with zero interest to Louisville. That's as of about an hour ago. I'll be glad to see AU have the open slot, but I'd have to think that for some period of time his decommitment from Louisville was more than "rumors".

Some people jumped to soon to a conclusion. I think we only take 2 CB's could be wrong but we will see

Letting things play out isn't any fun! 2 CB's makes more sense but sense and recruiting often don't appear in the same sentence.

Holsey hasn't played CB in anything more than spot duty for the last two years. I hope he's in the mix, but I'll believe it when I see it.

TJ Davis and Melton will be Juniors this fall. Neither have ever been in the rotation for more than a game or two. Turner was a non-factor last fall, and he's a Senior.

It's not enough to have bodies. You need guys you like that should be in the rotation. As it stands, even including Holsey (which is probably a false assumption), you have three Senior CBs. Signing three Freshmen that the staff want, that makes a lot of sense.

As far as numbers, last year we had 11 scholarship WRs (not including CJ Uzomah, who was basically a WR). How is that any different than carrying a similar number of CBs? Nickel is a standard set. It's as common for us as a 3-wide offensive set. Of the 11, some will redshirt, some will start, some will be rotation guys, and some will fall in-between. Just like every position. Last year, we also had 9 LBs for a position where we rarely had more than 2 on the field. 10-11 CBs on a roster is about where you want it.

as it stands Holsey I believe would fall in the nickel/safety ala Tim Irvin category. He has more experience at safety with better hips to handle coverage. Plus, if I remember correctly he does better towards the line which is what you need in that role. We will have to see how it all plays out.

Some people jumped to soon to a conclusion. I think we only take 2 CB's could be wrong but we will see

Letting things play out isn't any fun! 2 CB's makes more sense but sense and recruiting often don't appear in the same sentence.

Well PBR's help

Archived