Jeremy Johnson

Lowrider

From what I gather JJ will likely surprise us with his speed, but his corner turning ability is short of what we saw with Nick. I firmly believe we will see a stud take the reigns next year, and if the blocking up front is there, one of the most productive Malzahn offenses ever. Another bold (guess) prediction? #82 balls out next year.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy is not CAM, but I could see him becoming as good as Pat Sullivan with good receivers like Duke.

I'd prefer the Cam ceiling for Jeremy

It's obvious that you never saw Sullivan in action.

We know JJ can throw as both in the Arky game and in the mop up duties he hit his receivers. He showed arm strength and touch he can make the throws. What we don't know is what he will do when flushed out of the pocket or what he will do after something goes wrong. How he will react when he makes a mistake. I am not knocking JJ as I am one of the ones in his camp who thinks he will be great but I am also a realist I have seen to many talented kids who can throw and looked good as subs in mop up games then just not produce when it counted.

I have seen enough to know he has the tools, but the mental aspects, the leadership aspects can only be seen over a series of games against top competition. Like I said earlier I think JJ will be great but those branding him CAM lite or Pat Sullivan based on his limited reps are wearing orange and blue glasses you may turn out to be right but the logic on how you got there is flawed. I want you to be right so I am hoping your flawed logic is better then my SPOCK like logic.

We haven't seen JJ enough to see what he isn't good at........

Or good at.

Only a partial quote, I know, but this pretty much closes the discussion on JJ as far as I'm concerned. And, I don't understand why there is as much discussion on the matter as there is.

We haven't seen JJ enough to see what he isn't good at........

Or good at.

Only a partial quote, I know, but this pretty much closes the discussion on JJ as far as I'm concerned. And, I don't understand why there is as much discussion on the matter as there is.

Good point.

Jeremy is not CAM, but I could see him becoming as good as Pat Sullivan with good receivers like Duke.

I'd prefer the Cam ceiling for Jeremy

It's obvious that you never saw Sullivan in action.

Yeah I'm sure it is, but to say Cam's ceiling wasn't the GOAT in Auburn history and potentially the best in conference history is kinda lying. Let me see Sullivan decimate the most talented conference defensively in the era of TONS of talent and I'll switch it up.

We know JJ can throw as both in the Arky game and in the mop up duties he hit his receivers. He showed arm strength and touch he can make the throws. What we don't know is what he will do when flushed out of the pocket or what he will do after something goes wrong. How he will react when he makes a mistake. I am not knocking JJ as I am one of the ones in his camp who thinks he will be great but I am also a realist I have seen to many talented kids who can throw and looked good as subs in mop up games then just not produce when it counted.

I have seen enough to know he has the tools, but the mental aspects, the leadership aspects can only be seen over a series of games against top competition. Like I said earlier I think JJ will be great but those branding him CAM lite or Pat Sullivan based on his limited reps are wearing orange and blue glasses you may turn out to be right but the logic on how you got there is flawed. I want you to be right so I am hoping your flawed logic is better then my SPOCK like logic.

.... and why it was so disappointing for him not to garner him more touches

No, NM hate here. But JJ was one playing from being thrown into Amen-Corner, and now that he's two seasons under his belt, it's still almost as if he's a great unknown. From the safety of my couch it doesn't seem that smart.

Remember Sully to Beasley very well.

He has more of a Sullivan type talent than a Cam type talent.

Not saying he is where Sullivan was or that he will be. Talent wise the potential is there but it takes more than just talent alone.

I just hope the few rumblings of him not being a hard worker are untrue. I know some will immediately deny this rumor just because its negative, but it was posted in an article by somebody I believe -- I can't remember where though. It's imperative that our QB is hard working to set the tone for the rest of the squad. And nobody really knows how hard he works or doesn't work it's all speculation. But unless the author of that article is just trying to troll AU fans, that is certainly not a good thing to say about someone.

Well we saw JJ throw a td to prosch when he was flushed out of the pocket one time at the goal line...

I just hope the few rumblings of him not being a hard worker are untrue. I know some will immediately deny this rumor just because its negative, but it was posted in an article by somebody I believe -- I can't remember where though. It's imperative that our QB is hard working to set the tone for the rest of the squad. And nobody really knows how hard he works or doesn't work it's all speculation. But unless the author of that article is just trying to troll AU fans, that is certainly not a good thing to say about someone.

I have never heard this before. I would like to read that article. I think JJ will be th best pure passer we have had in decades. I don't know about the running part but QB's can throw passes that hit receivers in the exact same spot but there is some difference in the catchablity of the pass. JJ seems to throw a very catchable pass. He may not run like NM or Run and throw like Cam but I think in a couple of years we will be comparing other QB's passing to JJ.

I have never heard this before. I would like to read that article. I think JJ will be th best pure passer we have had in decades. I don't know about the running part but QB's can throw passes that hit receivers in the exact same spot but there is some difference in the catchablity of the pass. JJ seems to throw a very catchable pass. He may not run like NM or Run and throw like Cam but I think in a couple of years we will be comparing other QB's passing to JJ.

I believe one sports writer wrote that Jeremy had it all, but with Jeremy being assumed as starting qb, that we should pay attention to his work ethic. It wasn't a knock on Jeremy and it wasn't untrue either.

I'm really sorry I wish I could remember where the article was from. I saw it was posted on here in the middle of one of the longer threads, if I find it I will post it.

I believe one sports writer wrote that Jeremy had it all, but with Jeremy being assumed as starting qb, that we should pay attention to his work ethic. It wasn't a knock on Jeremy and it wasn't untrue either.

Right, I don't think it was an entire article dedicated to his work ethic but I think it was mentioned.

I'm really sorry I wish I could remember where the article was from. I saw it was posted on here in the middle of one of the longer threads, if I find it I will post it.

I know what you're talking about. It was posted in here at some point last year. I'll try to dig it up.

Edit*** http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/a-closer-look-jeremy-johnson/

I know what you're talking about. It was posted in here at some point last year. I'll try to dig it up.

Edit*** http://www.saturdayd...jeremy-johnson/

That's the one! Thanks. Looks like it was one sentence saying what the author (is that the Stephen Garcia from S. Carolina?) had heard from others -- that is not a good look. And he makes a good point -- he has tons of talent but if he's complacent all of that talent will be wasted essentially.

Edit*** http://www.saturdayd...jeremy-johnson/

That's the one! Thanks. Looks like it was one sentence saying what the author (is that the Stephen Garcia from S. Carolina?) had heard from others -- that is not a good look. And he makes a good point -- he has tons of talent but if he's complacent all of that talent will be wasted essentially.

Take anything you hear from SDS with a grain of salt...definitely not the most reliable source.

I can't wait for the threads on this board if Gus has Jason Smith regularly take more than a Wildcat roll and 10+ snaps...in games where JJ is the starter.

I hate it when threads are titled like this. I was expecting bad news.

Agreed. There should be a rule prohibiting threads titled with just the players' names. JMO.

It sucks that just the players name makes people assume he's in trouble LOL when did we get like this?

It sucks that just the players name makes people assume he's in trouble LOL when did we get like this?

We got like this not long after Al Gore invented the internet.

Yes, I agree. First he invented the internet, then global warming. Gore may be more creative than Thomas Edison and Henry Ford put together.

Wonder if he ever dodged sniper fire?

I hate it when threads are titled like this. I was expecting bad news.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 (etc.)

Yes, I agree. First he invented the internet, then global warming. Gore may be more creative than Thomas Edison and Henry Ford put together.

Wonder if he ever dodged sniper fire?

I hear he has more confirmed kills than Brian Williams.

Archived