Men vs. Kentucky - Game Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are going to win it all. Their shooting is outstanding

I actually don't think they will. There are a lot of talented teams out there and the SEC has been a cake walk for UK. They are completely untested and they get to walk through games like today. MMW, They won't make the final four.

they blew out every ranked team they played in the other power conferences

Mason with a three point attempt...and he's fouled. shooting 3. 1st no good. 2nd good. 3rd no good. 45-29

Well, got what I expected so far. If AU could have hit a few of those open 3s, it might have been a more interesting half.

Anyone know why Bowers is suspended?

You know they never disclose that information, at least not right away anyway.

Anyone know why Bowers is suspended?

From Wesley sinor

Just prior to Auburn's SEC Basketball Tournament semifinal game against No. 1 Kentucky, Tigers head coach Bruce Pearl announced the suspension of junior forward Cinmeon Bowers for a potential rules violation. Pearl was aware of the violation following Auburn's upset of LSU Friday, according to release from Auburn's athletics department.

"Auburn and the basketball staff will have no further comment on the matter as they continue to gather facts," the release read.

Bowers, a 6-foot-7 power forward, has been relied on in the paint all season. He was averaging 12.1 points and 9.6 rebounds coming into today's game against the Wildcats.

Devin Waddell (6-foot-5) will start in place of Bowers. The Tigers will also be without starting forward Jordon Granger, who was ejected in the second half of the LSU game after throwing a punch

Decent half offensively. Actually got more inside lay ups than I was expecting. Defensively too many open looks for UK and second chance points.

Decent half offensively. Actually got more inside lay ups than I was expecting. Defensively too many open looks for UK and second chance points.

i don't think they've gotten a lot of open looks really. They just shoot the ball lights out. We've been there contesting, they just hit hit hit.

Hate moral victories, but as has been said, today is a win regardless. My only hope is that in the offseason Bruce is able to get Reed and Bowers rein in their emotions just a tad while still keeping their edge

Kentucky will shoot nothing but bricks in the second half.

Gotta hope for something.

I will be happy if Auburn just finishes the game with nothing but hustle and heart. Score matters none to me. (Unless we win LOL)

Guys are still playing hard. I like that. If we can get a run together it might give us some momentum to stay in the game

Archived