Michigan CB Blake Countess transferring to AU!

Maverick.AU

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please combine threads with the one in football section.

I can't. I did not even know there was a thread on him in the football section. He is technically a recruit so any thread on him belongs here.

Since Countess is a recruit and not a current player, can a universal Mod please move this thread to the recruiting forum & merge it w/ the thread I started over there.? TIA

Why did he leave Michigan?

He's an early grad & can play his last season anywhere he wants.

This is the here and now of college football. No more loyalty left for a lot of players (not bashing, just stating) once they graduate.

personally, i think if they graduate and have eligibility left that the player has earned the right to do what they want.

... especially once the (head-) coach who recruited a kid is let go.

Loyalty is a two way street and these days not near as cherished as it's preached.

Amen.

So, because he is a graduate, he is eligible to play right away, is that correct?

So, because he is a graduate, he is eligible to play right away, is that correct?

Yes

AU is telling him that he has a 95% chance of starting next year. As long as he can get CWM's scheme. FWIW. Would be a huge get. Kid can play.

Next year? Isn't he a 5th year senior? Even if that was the case why would he come to AU to wait until next year when he would most likely be a starter this season at Arizona?

AU is telling him that he has a 95% chance of starting next year. As long as he can get CWM's scheme. FWIW. Would be a huge get. Kid can play.

Next year? Isn't he a 5th year senior? Even if that was the case why would he come to AU to wait until next year when he would most likely be a starter this season at Arizona?

He probably meant next season, as in this 2015 season.

Countess should be eligible immediately wherever he goes as pointed out in the first post.

Since Countess is a recruit and not a current player, can a universal Mod please move this thread to the recruiting forum & merge it w/ the thread I started over there.? TIA

Done.

Countess should be eligible immediately wherever he goes as pointed out in the first post.

I did.

I did.

I was asking because I know you know a lot more than almost anyone here about the situations, wasn't trying to be an SA. Also the 95% chance to start made me think you meant"next year" as well because that would push either Holsey or Jones out of a spot if they're saying he has a 95% chance to start this year, and by indications (except injuries) they had been doing pretty well. We know what Jones can do and reports gave off the impression that Holsey had a really good spring.

He'd certainly be on the first team royalty-themed name list (we need a Countess to go along with Prince, King, Duke ...).

Also the 95% chance to start made me think you meant"next year" as well because that would push either Holsey or Jones out of a spot if they're saying he has a 95% chance to start this year.

Word is it could free up Holsey to be our Nickel back starter since we are likely to be in Nickel 70% of the time if not more anyway. The staff would feel better about our Nickel sitch if Holsey is there & we have 2 good CBs @ the CB 1 & CB2 spots.

Also the 95% chance to start made me think you meant"next year" as well because that would push either Holsey or Jones out of a spot if they're saying he has a 95% chance to start this year.

Word is it could free up Holsey to be our Nickel back starter since we are likely to be in Nickel 70% of the time if not more anyway. The staff would feel better about our Nickel sitch if Holsey is there & we have 2 good CBs @ the CB 1 & CB2 spots.

Thanks E! Thought about that shortly after posting that. I guess my thoughts of Irvin's spring at nickel made me think Hosley wouldn't get utilized like he should. ive personally felt in the past that moving Holsey around so much and not letting him be a corner (as well as injuries) has dampered the kind of career he could've had as a corner. I know some of it was due to other holes and trying to use his versatility though.

I personally think Hosely is a better corner than Jones. Just my opinion though, not calling anybody else wrong and I don't want to argue about it

I like the thought of Holsey at nickel. Think Rich Rod can pull him in? Recruited him to Michigan in the first place didn't he?

Unless WDE gets more input it's hard to say til he visits AU next week. If BC uses logic, you have to like our chances though. Great shot @ starting in the best conference & coached bt one of the best CB coaches.

I personally think Hosely is a better corner than Jones. Just my opinion though, not calling anybody else wrong and I don't want to argue about it

It's not just your opinion FWIW. :) He'd be a really good nickel too though.

I like the thought of Holsey at nickel. Think Rich Rod can pull him in? Recruited him to Michigan in the first place didn't he?

Unless WDE gets more input it's hard to say til he visits AU next week. If BC uses logic, you have to like our chances though. Great shot @ starting in the best conference & coached bt one of the best CB coaches.

Or this weekend?

Archived