2016 4* WR Kyle Davis (AU commit 11/25/15)

RunInRed

Signing those FAA papers is a nice gesture, but it does not bind the player to the school. It's not like signing the LOI in February. These EE guys aren't required to go anywhere until they walk into a classroom in January. Once they are taking classes, then and only then are they officially "done with recruiting".

As said in another thread, it does allow for AU to have unlimited contact during the dead period.

True. Another side to it is that they can sign those papers with as many schools as they want to. So if say, five schools are really after a guy he can sign FAA papers with all five and we're back to square one.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing those FAA papers is a nice gesture, but it does not bind the player to the school. It's not like signing the LOI in February. These EE guys aren't required to go anywhere until they walk into a classroom in January. Once they are taking classes, then and only then are they officially "done with recruiting".

As said in another thread, it does allow for AU to have unlimited contact during the dead period.

True. Another side to it is that they can sign those papers with as many schools as they want to. So if say, five schools are really after a guy he can sign FAA papers with all five and we're back to square one.

No. If the guy signs FAA papers, and the school has contact with them throughout the dead period, but the player never signs with that school, the school can still be hit with recruiting violations. I remember LSU got hit with that situation recently.

No. If the guy signs FAA papers, and the school has contact with them throughout the dead period, but the player never signs with that school, the school can still be hit with recruiting violations. I remember LSU got hit with that situation recently.

Well that's sh***y.

Well that's sh***y.

Here is an article.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/11707183-123/records-lsu-slapped-with-recruiting

With the way the NCAA is interpreting the rule a school needs to make sure a player is 110% before they let him sign the papers. If a player has ANY doubt at all, even 1%, he is really doing the school a disservice signing those FAA papers.

With the way the NCAA is interpreting the rule a school needs to make sure a player is 110% before they let him sign the papers. If a player has ANY doubt at all, even 1%, he is really doing the school a disservice signing those FAA papers.

It's about the only situation in all of recruiting where a player gets to hold the cards, except for the top 1% of the top 1%. Once they sign an NLI, the schools own them and can do with them what they please. Unless, of course, they want to lose a year of eligibility and roll the dice on taking one more shot at a different school who will also do with them what they please, if another school will take them.

TL;DR- That's probably something like what it feels like to be a student athlete.

Yes. In the above scenario, one school gets the player and the other four get hit with violations if they contacted him, but that doesn't make my statement wrong.

Yes. In the above scenario, one school gets the player and the other four get hit with violations if they contacted him, but that doesn't make my statement wrong.

I wasn't saying you were wrong. I was just saying that five schools cannot seek FAA agreements from one player in order for all five to have unlimited contact because four schools, the schools that were spurned by the player, will be violating the letter of the law.

I'm just saying that five schools cannot seek FAA agreements for one player in order for all five to have unlimited visits because four schools, the schools that were spurned by the player, will be violating the letter of the law.

They won't be violating any law until he doesn't go to their school. After he chooses one the other four are in trouble. Funny law: legal while you are doing it, but it becomes a violation after the fact. Be that as it may, he can sign FAA papers with multiple schools. The schools better be close to 100% certain about what they are doing.

I'm just saying that five schools cannot seek FAA agreements for one player in order for all five to have unlimited visits because four schools, the schools that were spurned by the player, will be violating the letter of the law.

They won't be violating any law until he doesn't go to their school. After he chooses one the other four are in trouble. Funny law: legal while you are doing it, but it becomes a violation after the fact. Be that as it may, he can sign FAA papers with multiple schools. The schools better be close to 100% certain about what they are doing.

Very stupid rule.

Agreed.

Very stupid rule.

No....absolutely RIDICULOUS rule. :no:

Come on. Sign those papers

Should we be concerned that Eason reaffirmed?

Good question but imo the defense should be concerned about Eason.

I think Davis still ends up with us.

Its impressive that Gus can end up with back to back top ten classes after 8-5 and 6-6 seasons.

It's even more impressive that he was able to retroactively lose a game in 2014. 😉 We were 8-5.

Ha..yeah that's how bad things are. Too much time in the meltdown thread

Kyle Davis plans to sign his FAA this afternoon. LINK

did you not read the comment under the tweet? Lol

Oops. Lol.

I wonder what that was about. Did J Lee jump the gun again?

Oops. Lol.

Not really. J Lee is very good at his sources.

Oops. Lol.

J Lee's response was "Your mother."

Oops. Lol.

J Lee's response was "Your mother."

Yeah I see that. KD said something else but I'm not going to try to to interpret Twitter talk anymore.

No interpretation needed. Kyle Davis still seems pissed that the information got leaked

"if it ain't come from me don't document it & you not getting nothing from me. so don't post nothing"

Oops. Lol.

I remember him jumping the gun at least two or three times...

Archived