The 1980's called, and they want their foreign policy back.

AURaptor

Joint Chiefs nominee names Russia top security threat

WASHINGTON — Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford on Thursday
identified Russia as the No. 1 threat to U.S. security
during his confirmation hearing to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

]He also offered support for supplying Ukraine with lethal weaponry to defend itself against Russian-backed separatists. Dunford's remarks, coupled with a Pentagon request Wednesday to shift billions of dollars in its budget to provide weaponry and intelligence to confront Russian aggression in Europe and the Atlantic, indicate heightened alarm within the Pentagon about Russia's military actions.

5]Russia's nuclear capability "combined with their recent behavior" make Russia the primary threat to U.S. security, Dunford said.

http://www.usatoday....ussia/29908933/

Governor Romney, I’m glad that you recognize that Al Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not Al Qaida; you said Russia, in the 1980s, they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years

- Barack Obama, Amateur in Chief.

barry is not chief of anything. Titles are useless without action.

I think this is a bigger gaff than his "JV" remark. It's so big, that everyone in the media are flat out embarrassed for our Agitator in Chief. Barry was sooo cool and casual in the way he dismissed Romney and his CRAZY views. And it only helped present Romney as out of touch when the MSM hopped on Barry's side, when " moderator " Candy Crowley falsely took sides in the debate w/ regards to Barry calling the attacks in Benghazi a terrorist attack.

So now , the man Barry wants to appoint is saying that yes, Russia IS the main threat to the USA.

We knew this w/ Romney, 3 years ago.

We're so F'd .

I think this is a bigger gaff than his "JV" remark. It's so big, that everyone in the media are flat out embarrassed for our Agitator in Chief. Barry was sooo cool and casual in the way he dismissed Romney and his CRAZY views. And it only helped present Romney as out of touch when the MSM hopped on Barry's side, when " moderator " Candy Crowley falsely took sides in the debate w/ regards to Barry calling the attacks in Benghazi a terrorist attack.

So now , the man Barry wants to appoint is saying that yes, Russia IS the main threat to the USA.

We're so F'd .

Man, you already want a two front war, now a third. Ready to offer up your children yet?

Set up more and more straw men arguments, while ignoring the glaring obvious fact that Obama literally has no freaking clue of what he's doing, what's going on in the world.

Standard OP for some Obamabots.

We're so F'd .

Man, you already want a two front war, now a third. Ready to offer up your children yet?

That isn't what Raptor was saying. He was just pointing out that Romney saw this accurately back in 2012 and Obama lampooned him for it.

Correct.

And now Obama's choice to fill the job of Joint Chiefs is stating quite succinctly that Russia is indeed our # 1 threat.

I thought the message was abundantly clear.

We're so F'd .

I hope not. I feel bad for his children already.

Recognizing that Russia is our biggest threat does not mean we go to war. That simply means that you understand the threat and deal with it appropriately short of a shooting war. We won the cold war without a shooting war against the Soviets. We can do the same thing now. It just requires not appeasing the Russians and doing other things. Help Ukraine with things they need to defend themselves against Russia. The disarmed themselves because they foolishly believed that America would keep its promise to have their back if anything happened.

Said the man who is ready to put up his dukes the first sign a girl threatens him at a bar. Yep there's great dad material real right there.

:laugh:

Said the man who is ready to put up his dukes the first sign a girl threatens him at a bar. Yep there's great dad material real right there.

No Dukes. I will teach my kids to take defensive procedures though. If it involves grabbing a wrist, so be it. I will also teach them reading comprehension. A concept that you know nothing about.

No Dukes. I will teach my kids to take defensive procedures though. If it involves grabbing a wrist, so be it. I will also teach them reading comprehension. A concept that you know nothing about.

And we saw how well that worked out ... :ucrazy:

And we saw how well that worked out ... :fish:

Recognizing that Russia is our biggest threat does not mean we go to war. That simply means that you understand the threat and deal with it appropriately short of a shooting war. We won the cold war without a shooting war against the Soviets. We can do the same thing now. It just requires not appeasing the Russians and doing other things. Help Ukraine with things they need to defend themselves against Russia. The disarmed themselves because they foolishly believed that America would keep its promise to have their back if anything happened.

Good points. We do have US troops training with NATO in Eastern Europe, so technically we're already deployed on that front. Hopefully that's enough of a deterrent to keep Russia honest.

The Ukraine is ____ US borders.

A. Thousands of miles from

B. Within

Great non sequitur question there.

Just ring the front doorbell when you want to enter the conversation.

Guest NC1406

We're so F'd .

I take a conservative view on economics but have a libertarian view on most things in life. You keep throwing out the right wing needs to "offer" up their children for their hawkish views. I suspect that you are prior military. Do you admit that liberal views were a minority while you served? IN my exposure the majority of service people have conservative views even though they are on the government payroll.

We're so F'd .

I take a conservative view on economics but have a libertarian view on most things in life. You keep throwing out the right wing needs to "offer" up their children for their hawkish views. I suspect that you are prior military. Do you admit that liberal views were a minority while you served? IN my exposure the majority of service people have conservative views even though they are on the government payroll.

I am still serving. My challenge isnt just for the right wing. It's for all chicken hawks. No, I would say the political views are about split. Just like America.

We're so F'd .

:-\

Obama was wrong for the joke but he is just as fallible as the rest of us. Except for Ben and "homes" of course.

Fallible ?

That's a kind way of saying ' clueless '

He totally missed on Russia.

He called ISIS the " JV team ".

He declared that the Cambridge PD acted " stupidly ", before he knew all the facts.

He interjected himself into the Trayvon Martin killing, claiming if he had a son...

And as for Obama-Care, hell, he didn't miss anything. He flat out LIED about keeping your plan or your doctor if you liked them.

When incompetence mixes with brazen, even eager ability to lie, that's a real bad combo.

Fallible ?

That's a kind way of saying ' clueless '

He totally missed on Russia.

He called ISIS the " JV team ".

He declared that the Cambridge PD acted " stupidly ", before he knew all the facts.

He interjected himself into the Trayvon Martin killing, claiming if he had a son...

And as for Obama-Care, hell, he didn't miss anything. He flat out LIED about keeping your plan or your doctor if you liked them.

When incompetence mixes with brazen, even eager ability to lie, that's a real bad combo.

And you write a phone book's worth of stupid s*** every month. I was fair and said I didn't like it so you can gfy if you think I am going further than that.

What did I post which was inaccurate ?

Please, elaborate.

TIA.

BTW - I wasn't criticizing you, if that's how you took my post. I just think you were being overly reserved in your description.

What did I post which was inaccurate ?

Please, elaborate.

TIA.

BTW - I wasn't criticizing you, if that's how you took my post. I just think you were being overly reserved in your description.

And let's not forget he said he owned the White House. :laugh::rolleyes:

Archived