Shocking Video----PP Employees Sorting Baby Body Parts

Proud Tiger

It is about abortion on DEMAND. KILL BABIES AT WILL. If you are pro life, you are part of the war on women (one of the more pathetic of the long list of dem/lib/progressive l I e s...)

I hope the Republican nominee makes abortion a centerpiece of their campaign. Especially if it's Carly Fiorina.

Haha. Hit a nerve there huh homey clause? You have already proven your idiocy. You may be silent now...

Man, you really are butt hurt! :laugh:/>

That's it? You get your little feelings hurt and THAT is all you can say to deflect from the topic of pp murdering and selling dead babies? You truly are a pathetic lost soul...and obviously ignorant...

Deflection...It is normal once you know you lost the debate. ;-)

What is the "debate" here? :dunno:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is about abortion on DEMAND. KILL BABIES AT WILL. If you are pro life, you are part of the war on women (one of the more pathetic of the long list of dem/lib/progressive l I e s...)

I hope the Republican nominee makes abortion a centerpiece of their campaign. Especially if it's Carly Fiorina.

Haha. Hit a nerve there huh homey clause? You have already proven your idiocy. You may be silent now...

That's it? You get your little feelings hurt and THAT is all you can say to deflect from the topic of pp murdering and selling dead babies? You truly are a pathetic lost soul...and obviously ignorant...

Deflection...It is normal once you know you lost the debate. ;-)

You are correct. BTW, has he ever won a debate?...

Certainly not with you. That would be literally impossible. :rolleyes:

Why do you think my feelings are hurt? Why? You really think you hurt me by insults?

And all I said was that I hope the GOP candidate makes this a centerpiece of their campaign. Especially if it's Fiorina (since that would take nullify the positive effects of her being a woman.)

I am making a political statement about the issue of abortion. The simple take you have on it will not fly in a general election. If a GOP candidate takes that position is will hurt them.

This is a political forum, not a religious one.

A: I do not check my beliefs at Any "door" B: One can almost see your tears as YOU type...

Why do you think my feelings are hurt? Why? You really think you hurt me by insults?

And all I said was that I hope the GOP candidate makes this a centerpiece of their campaign. Especially if it's Fiorina (since that would take nullify the positive effects of her being a woman.)

I am making a political statement about the issue of abortion. The simple take you have on it will not fly in a general election. If a GOP candidate takes that position is will hurt them.

A: I do not check my beliefs at Any "door" B: One can almost see your tears as YOU type...

If you are incapable of addressing a topic objectively, that's your problem, not mine.

If you are incapable of addressing a topic objectively, that's your problem, not mine.

Pot/kettle

Pot/kettle

I suppose this is where I claim "victory" in the debate. :rolleyes:

Pot/kettle

I suppose this is where I claim "victory" in the debate. :rolleyes:/>

You are far too ignorant to know I won this debate long ago...hehehe

I just cant see this issue in black or white. My sister-in-law lives in Seattle and is about as blind a liberal as you will ever find. She sees absolutely nothing wrong with what PP did and supports them solely because its the liberal way, however, she said something that got me thinking. She grew up poor and had few option for "womens health". PP provides many other services that greatly help a large number of women out there. Abortion - as it stands - is not illegal. The acts of the individuals selling parts for money is illegal. These people need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for their actions and lose their jobs. All the heads should be fired as well. I just cant see defunding the whole clinic because of a relatively small part of their operation.

I just cant see this issue in black or white. My sister-in-law lives in Seattle and is about as blind a liberal as you will ever find. She sees absolutely nothing wrong with what PP did and supports them solely because its the liberal way, however, she said something that got me thinking. She grew up poor and had few option for "womens health". PP provides many other services that greatly help a large number of women out there. Abortion - as it stands - is not illegal. The acts of the individuals selling parts for money is illegal. These people need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for their actions and lose their jobs. All the heads should be fired as well. I just cant see defunding the whole clinic because of a relatively small part of their operation.

Legally speaking, I think the issue here is profits. I don't think it's illegal to provide the parts at cost.

Otherwise, you make a good point. The government has to use contractors to provide for women's health services. To simply de-fund PP for this particular reason amounts to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. (No pun intended.)

Pot/kettle

Here's some news for you: When you fall back on name calling and insults, you are not winning the debate.

hehehe :-\

Legally speaking, I think the issue here is profits. I don't think it's illegal to provide the parts at cost.

Otherwise, you make a good point. The government has to use contractors to provide for women's health services. To simply de-fund PP for this particular reason amounts to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. (No pun intended.)

They can provide them at cost. The part that has them in trouble are the negotiations beyond "at cost". A good bit of the videos are showing the ugly truth of the process and serve to fan the flames. Changing techniques, as has been pointed out in the videos, are not the issue - so long as they are not jeopardizing the woman, knowingly, beyond the inherent risks. At this point the damage to the baby/fetus/cells/ what have you has been done. I havent watched the "sorting" video but I hardly see how this part should matter - not something I want to be doing and I am sure I would find it disturbing, but I view autopsies in the same fashion.

Edit: when I said "money" I meant "profit". It all flowed in my head =)

Of course the problem is the definition of "at cost." Basically the law is so vague that such a designation is meaningless. As long as they code it right, they can charge what they want. Of course they can't go buck-wild and draw too much attention to it, but they aren't charging actual costs either. Some insight on that part of it:

How much did shipping typically cost?

The researchers provided the Styrofoam box and dry ice to Planned Parenthood. Literally the only cost we had was shipping the box. And that was about $20 every time we shipped. So Planned Parenthood is getting $200 per specimen, and we’re taking all the specimens, putting them in one box and shipping it off for $20. The different fetal body parts are not shipped individually.

Does Planned Parenthood have to hire an employee to sort through the body parts and put them in these containers?

It’s not like we hire someone just to separate these parts for research because after every single abortion, a product of conception technician reassembles the parts of the baby to make sure that everything was removed. If they don’t, that can be fatal for a woman. We had several instances where our product of conception technician failed the patient because they would come back in and there would be a leg still in their uterus and that causes very serious infection.

To send the body parts to a research laboratory, it’s just a matter of separating them into different bags.

Do you think Planned Parenthood is doing anything illegal?

The way that the law is written currently, it allows them to charge for these certain items as long as they are coded correctly on a line-item budget. And that’s the problem with the law, is that it’s so subjective as far as the cost. As long as they code it as, we need $100 for extra work in collecting the tissue—well, there is no extra work. And that’s what the videos are showing, with Dr. Mary Gatter, she said, “We don’t have to change anything.” That’s true: they don’t have to do anything.

http://dailysignal.c...nation-process/

In other words, anyone who takes a few seconds to think about it realizes that no matter what PP claims, they are indeed profiting off of this.

Of course the problem is the definition of "at cost." Basically the law is so vague that such a designation is meaningless. As long as they code it right, they can charge what they want. Of course they can't go buck-wild and draw too much attention to it, but they aren't charging actual costs either. Some insight on that part of it:

The researchers provided the Styrofoam box and dry ice to Planned Parenthood. Literally the only cost we had was shipping the box. And that was about $20 every time we shipped. So Planned Parenthood is getting $200 per specimen, and we’re taking all the specimens, putting them in one box and shipping it off for $20. The different fetal body parts are not shipped individually.

Does Planned Parenthood have to hire an employee to sort through the body parts and put them in these containers?

It’s not like we hire someone just to separate these parts for research because after every single abortion, a product of conception technician reassembles the parts of the baby to make sure that everything was removed. If they don’t, that can be fatal for a woman. We had several instances where our product of conception technician failed the patient because they would come back in and there would be a leg still in their uterus and that causes very serious infection.

To send the body parts to a research laboratory, it’s just a matter of separating them into different bags.

The way that the law is written currently, it allows them to charge for these certain items as long as they are coded correctly on a line-item budget. And that’s the problem with the law, is that it’s so subjective as far as the cost. As long as they code it as, we need $100 for extra work in collecting the tissue—well, there is no extra work. And that’s what the videos are showing, with Dr. Mary Gatter, she said, “We don’t have to change anything.” That’s true: they don’t have to do anything.

In other words, anyone who takes a few seconds to think about it realizes that no matter what PP claims, they are indeed profiting off of this.

Well, they would if they are willing to accept only one side of the story.

One could surmise this before hearing these specifics just using a little common sense. Former clinic directors have been saying these things for years, it just didn't get any real attention until these videos came out. They already have the staff sorting the parts to make sure they got all of the baby out during the abortion because it's a major health issue for the woman if they don't. So they don't have to hire extra people for this. StemExpress and the other baby parts peddlers provide the shipping containers and dry ice. The only extra steps required in the process is to bag up the parts, put them in the styrofoam box with dry ice, seal it and ship it.

But let's play with some numbers. Let's say the clinic buys the styrofoam containers. They'd buy them in bulk, but you can get a 16" x 16" x 15.5" container with 2" thick walls for $33 buying one at a time. Dry ice is about $2 a pound. So let's say we put 3 pounds of ice in each box. We're under $40. Add $20 for shipping, we're at $60. Add in 15 mins of the lab person's time at $15 an hour, that's another $3.75. With benefits we've managed to ship out the parts for under $70. And we charge $200. And like I say, I'm being very generous and putting all the costs on the clinic.

But I think you know that isn't what is happening here and PP isn't disputing that arrangement either. PP incurs negligible added costs and makes $200 per shipment. Even StemExpress mentions that the arrangement with the is "financially profitable" as a benefit of working with them.

Now, do some math. If the clinic ships one box a day for $200, and they are open 6 days a week, minus holidays, we'll round down to 300 days a year. That's $60,000 a year for one clinic. Multiply that times 700 Planned Parenthood clinics and you get $42,000,000 dollars from this one practice. That is not chump change. And I think you know that the math Abby Johnson mentions above is most likely closest to the truth.

It takes a tremendous amount of faith to really believe PP isn't profiting significantly from this.

How do these people expect for the Planned Parenthood folks to buy their Lambos if they cant make a healthy as hell profit off of healthy baby parts?

Planned Parenthood: "I want a Lamborghini!"

lamborghini-aventador-galaxy-custom-dxsc-0.jpg

One could surmise this before hearing these specifics just using a little common sense. Former clinic directors have been saying these things for years, it just didn't get any real attention until these videos came out. They already have the staff sorting the parts to make sure they got all of the baby out during the abortion because it's a major health issue for the woman if they don't. So they don't have to hire extra people for this. StemExpress and the other baby parts peddlers provide the shipping containers and dry ice. The only extra steps required in the process is to bag up the parts, put them in the styrofoam box with dry ice, seal it and ship it.

But let's play with some numbers. Let's say the clinic buys the styrofoam containers. They'd buy them in bulk, but you can get a 16" x 16" x 15.5" container with 2" thick walls for $33 buying one at a time. Dry ice is about $2 a pound. So let's say we put 3 pounds of ice in each box. We're under $40. Add $20 for shipping, we're at $60. Add in 15 mins of the lab person's time at $15 an hour, that's another $3.75. With benefits we've managed to ship out the parts for under $70. And we charge $200. And like I say, I'm being very generous and putting all the costs on the clinic.

But I think you know that isn't what is happening here and PP isn't disputing that arrangement either. PP incurs negligible added costs and makes $200 per shipment. Even StemExpress mentions that the arrangement with the is "financially profitable" as a benefit of working with them.

Now, do some math. If the clinic ships one box a day for $200, and they are open 6 days a week, minus holidays, we'll round down to 300 days a year. That's $60,000 a year for one clinic. Multiply that times 700 Planned Parenthood clinics and you get $42,000,000 dollars from this one practice. That is not chump change. And I think you know that the math Abby Johnson mentions above is most likely closest to the truth.

It takes a tremendous amount of faith to really believe PP isn't profiting significantly from this.

Well, I'd say that wanting to hear both sides of the story is more common sense rather than an expression of faith.

Well, I'd say that wanting to hear both sides of the story is more common sense rather than an exp<b></b>ression of faith.

I wait with bated breath. :rolleyes:

Well, I'd say that wanting to hear both sides of the story is more common sense rather than an expression of faith.

This all still goes back to what I said needs to happen. Prosecute those involved in "profiting" and make sure they lose their job. Make an example out of them so the next ones in line dont try saving up for a Lambo.

Pot/kettle

Here's some news for you: When you fall back on name calling and insults, you are not winning the debate.

hehehe :-\/>

It is good when YOU look into a mirror. Name calling is ALL you ever contribute...

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, Tim. I argue with homer quite a bit. And while I may not agree with his thought process on something, or we may have radically different opinions on certain matters, I haven't found him to be someone that even comes close to only contributing name-calling and insults. Such accusations apply to several here. It doesn't in this case.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, Tim. I argue with homer quite a bit. And while I may not agree with his thought process on something, or we may have radically different opinions on certain matters, I haven't found him to be someone that even comes close to only contributing name-calling and insults. Such accusations apply to several here. It doesn't in this case.

I'll second that. I have seen homer return some barbs, but I cannot recall the last time I saw him put them in an opening salvo.

Pot/kettle

hehehe :-\/>

It is good when YOU look into a mirror. Name calling is ALL you ever contribute...

A gross misrepresentation of the truth. This is a lie.

YOUR opinion. With personal experience,I strongly disagree...

I'll second that. I have seen homer return some barbs, but I cannot recall the last time I saw him put them in an opening salvo.

You need to read his every reply to my posts. That'll do...

Namecalling? Yes.

Just blind to facts that dont suit his side of the debate? Absolutely.

Feigns ignorance when he is out debated? All the time.

Not so long ago, there was a graph HE posted on the Satellite measurements of Arctic Ice covering the North Pole.

I not only had to explain the graph TO HIM, i ended up having to save the graph, place it in Paint, edit it to show the points he never read and did not understand at all, circle them in red, save all that, load it to a secure place, share the url, and then explain HIS graph to him again. homer cannot understand a simple 2D Coordinate System Graph, but yet, we mere simpletons are the ones that by simply questioning ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING, including HIS OWN GRAPHS that disprove his own statements, then we are ANTI-SCIENCE.

So, on the Name-calling: Guilty as charged.

Archived