2015 Preseason Practice - Scrimmage No. 2

RunInRed

Tweaked the ankle, off in a xart. Day to day. This coaching staff will not tell us anything regarding injury (which is their prerogative, even if I and many others think they would be better off being upfront).

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't judge players based on one play. If we did, we'd never throw the ball to Roc again. Ricardo is a special athlete. He's got everything you want in a returner.

I don't judge players based on one play. If we did, we'd never throw the ball to Roc again. Ricardo is a special athlete. He's got everything you want in a returner.

what about Jason Smith? Seems to be taylored for punt returns, maybe kicks.

I'm drawing a blank of what he's done as return man in the past, but on paper, Ricardo Louis would seem to be the perfect return man. He's a burner in a straight line; he's thick enough to break tackles; he's very good with the ball in his hands. Again, on paper, he's ideal. Roc is probably the slightest of all those guys; Ford is probably the toughest to replace (since we really don't know who the third Safety is, much less the fourth).

It's probably better you draw a blank there

:laugh:

• 1 month later...

May be just me...but JJ appears a bit off in terms of accuracy today

Missed a number of throws he shouldn't have...who knows if its receivers being in bad spots out of breaks

Barber best RB out there today IMO

Just thought I'd bump this ... from back in August ... thought Sean White looked better than JJ back then ...

I was right there with ya, Red (without actually having watched the practices). Not sure why it made Auburn fans so upset back then when other Auburn fans said that the presumptive backup QB was really good.

Archived