2015 Preseason Practice - Scrimmage No. 2

RunInRed

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems strange to me to see people saying that Jovon is a straight power back and Peyton is the shifty one. I've only seen the highlights and clips available publicly, but it seems completely the opposite to me. Jovon may be big, but he has great moves from everything that I have seen, whereas Peyton seems more of a straight ahead power guy. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

I see the same things you do. I only remember Peyton looking shifty on one play in the A day game and that was on a pass where he made something out of nothing. He did a great job the whole game but he just seems to run straight over people when he runs the ball.

It seems strange to me to see people saying that Jovon is a straight power back and Peyton is the shifty one. I've only seen the highlights and clips available publicly, but it seems completely the opposite to me. Jovon may be big, but he has great moves from everything that I have seen, whereas Peyton seems more of a straight ahead power guy. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

Because nobody has really seen the guys run 4 real but it works like that on NCAA on ps3

Because nobody has really seen the guys run 4 real but it works like that on NCAA on ps3

Is this serious? For real, Cole, or are you just spoofing those of us that don't play the video games?

Oh yeah I'm for real as far as nobody has anything really besides film from high school so some analyze what they think as opposed what they know at least that's my guess why that may be....But the way you took it, no I didn't mean that way at all

My opinion, in the limited action in seeing PB, he reminds me most of Tre. I'm talking style only, not what his future success may be. Hits the hole fast, has a good first cut, will hit defender head on, and decent top speed.

Honestly haven't watch much JR, Roc prob has higher top speed, but he jukes and jives a tad too much for my liking. Imho, CAPs deficiency was his top speed.

This is knit picking, I'll be happy with whoever coaches let tote the rock. :-)

Anybody have a feeling that there is a little sandbagging on Jovon?

Yes. It's a consensus within the program honestly.

Interesting. It is strange that he is really not getting the reps in practice that the others are. Could it be like the Lawson situation? They know what they have, so no need to chance injury?

Any word on Holland's play so far this year. I am expecting big things from him down the road.

Interesting. It is strange that he is really not getting the reps in practice that the others are. Could it be like the Lawson situation? They know what they have, so no need to chance injury?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no".

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no".

My patience rubbing off on you?

then why name two rbs ahead of him?

Since he is a newcomer they want to see as much out of him as possible. They wouldn't know how well he has picked up the playbook and how he responds in certain situations by limiting his reps if they were sure he is the guy. They know he is talented, otherwise they wouldn't have brought in a juco with the young talent we have at running back. But as the coaches have consistently said, they have to know they can rely on who is back there. He will get his chances, but they are making sure the two most reliable backs we have right now are ready when we open the season.

Reading between the lines from the info that has been made public it looks to me like he may be a little slow picking up the offense.

I've been rooting for Jovon since we first signed him out of high school. However, it's not surprising me that he's 3rd team now. He had an entirely ordinary second season of JUCO ball. Along with most everyone else, I was hoping and expecting him to step on the accelerator once he got to AU but apparently either that's not happening or else Roc and Payton are hitting it wide open on all eight cylinders. If JR wants to see the field he'll have to, at some point, pass those other two and so far it hasn't happened.

I mean did anyone see Cam coming

I've been rooting for Jovon since we first signed him out of high school. However, it's not surprising me that he's 3rd team now. He had an entirely ordinary second season of JUCO ball. Along with most everyone else, I was hoping and expecting him to step on the accelerator once he got to AU but apparently either that's not happening or else Roc and Payton are hitting it wide open on all eight cylinders. If JR wants to see the field he'll have to, at some point, pass those other two and so far it hasn't happened.

Right there with ya, Mikey, from beginning to end.

Y'all sure it's not just a big conspiracy sandbagging secret?

It'd be alot cooler if it was

It'd be alot cooler if it was

pn31u.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Since he is a newcomer they want to see as much out of him as possible. They don't wouldn't know how well he has picked up the playbook and how he responds in certain situations by limiting his reps if they were sure he is the guy. They know he is talented, otherwise they wouldn't have brought in a juco with the young talent we have at running back. But as the coaches have consistently said, they have to know they can rely on who is back there. He will get his chances, but they are making sure the two most reliable backs we have right now are ready when we open the season.

Nice response my friend. Many here would do well to model your maturity. WDE.

Archived