Mark My Word 2015

DaddyBoyAU

Mark My Words:

- Verne Lundquist will get every players name right

- Payton Barber will go for more than 1,000 yards on the ground

- Lil' nicky will grow an inch (aka, "stretch goal")

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MMW:

Spurrier "resigns" after this season.

A team outside the pre season AP top 10 will be in the playoffs.

A running back wins the heisman.

Bamzos are caught defacing something in Auburn.

Lashlee takes a head coaching job in the state of Arkansas.

Paul Finebaum's show is dropped by major networks.

Mark my words: Villanova upset UConn in season opener (Thursday game).

Mark my words: South Dakota State upsets Kansas in season opener.

Mark my words: Youngstown State ALMOST upsets Pittsburgh in season opener.

Mark my words: Illinois State upsets Iowa in season opener.

Mark my words: Sam Houston State ALMOST upsets Texas Tech in season opener.

Mark my words: Indiana State upsets Purdue in week 2.

Mark my words: Texas A&M will lose to Arizona State in season opener.

Mark my words: Vanderbilt will lose to Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee and Houston.

Mark my words: Stanford is going to play against their former HC Jim Harbaugh (Michigan) in bowl game.

Mark my words: Boise State will beat Pac-12 team in bowl game.

Mark my words: LSU and Miss State will finish with better record than Arkansas, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.

Mark my words: 4 juniors from Auburn to declare for NFL draft.

Mark my words: HC Chad Morris will be ONE and DONE at SMU.

Nice job.

Mark My Word: Texas A&M will beat UAT after getting embarrassed in Tuscaloosa 59-0 last year.

Mark My Word: We will beat UAT by more than 10 points for the first time since 1969.

Mark My Word: We will play UGA in the SEC Championship Game for the first time ever in an epic battle.

Mark My Word: Ohio State will not make the playoff.

Snark my words: Jonathan Wallace will be in every game to run out the clock with a grinding, unstoppable run attack., Alabama will lose to Texas A&M, and Georgia, Carlson will win it for Auburn, in the Iron Bowl. The heisman trophy winner will announce that he is gay. One of the Kardashian sisters will date Duke Williams.

Snark my words: Jonathan Wallace will be in every game to run out the clock with a grinding, unstoppable run attack., Alabama will lose to Texas A&M, and Georgia, Carlson will win it for Auburn, in the Iron Bowl. The heisman trophy winner will announce that he is gay. One of the Kardashian sisters will date Duke Williams.

I think "Snark My Words" is worthy of its own thread! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mark my words: ULM will give Georgia a scare in the season opener. UGA will survive on a 4th quarter game-winning drive that includes a 4th down conversion.

Mark my words: USF will upset FSU in Week 2.

Mark my words: Auburn will have a top 25 defense in Muschamp's first year back.

Mark my words: After leading the game winning drive to beat Oklahoma in Week 2, UT's Josh Dobbs will become the Heisman frontrunner for much of the season. Consecutive losses to UGA and Bama (though not his fault) will quell his Heisman hype.

Mark my words: Auburn will have two 1000-yard rushers, and will narrowly fall short of having 3 as Jeremy Johnson finishes with ~950 yards.

Mark my words: Michigan State will win the B1G.

Mark my words: Ole Miss will beat Bama for the second year in a row. A Bammer will drive to Oxford and poison some of the trees in The Grove.

Mark my words: There will be an "October Surprise" with one of the playoff contenders losing to one of the "cupcakes" on their schedule.

Mark my words:

Muschamp will be caught on TV at least 6 times during a game dropping major "F" bombs.

3 different QB's will start for UAT during the season.

There will be rumblings that Saban is "losing his edge" following the season.

Mark my word:

1. Donald Trump will get elected president and will donate 3 billion dollars to the Auburn Athletic Department.

2. The Donald will buy out CNN and turn it into the "I Love Trump Channel"

3. The Donald will expand Jordan Hare Stadium into a 150,000 seat stadium.

4 The Donald will create housing for all of Auburn's athletes that will have 3 huge bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a kitchen that will include a dietician chef that will make 3 healthy meals for each player.

5. Each room in the athletic housing will have 60 inch screen TVs in each room.

Auburn will win the next 20 national championships in football and all other school athletic teams. Good things will happen to Auburn that will stagger the imagination of the country with or without the Donald's help!

Mark my word:

1. Donald Trump will get elected president and will donate 3 billion dollars to the Auburn Athletic Department.

4 The Donald will create housing for all of Auburn's athletes that will have 3 huge bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a kitchen that will include a dietician chef that will make 3 healthy meals for each player.

Auburn will win the next 20 national championships in football and all other school athletic teams. Good things will happen to Auburn that will stagger the imagination of the country with or without the Donald's help!

Can I have some of what you are smoking?

Mark my word:

I can never tell how serious it not serious you are. It's an incredible quality of your's.

Mark my word:

I can never tell how serious it not serious you are. It's an incredible quality of your's.

I appreciate your accolades! Like Davey Crockett, I am half horse, half alligator & and touch of snapping turtle!

I love making up crap in that it is fun, and I am doing something to keep out of my lovely wife's hair! My wife is an angel and a wonderful soul-mate! This my friends is a serious as I can get without any doubt! I have been married for 32 years to the best person that God has created for me in this universe!

MMW: duke will play every game of the season but will be second in total receiving yards.

MMW: Josh holsey will have more interceptions than Jon Jones and Blake countess combined.

MMW: The Minnesota Vikings will select Carl Lawson in the first round, tray Mathews in the second round, and Avery young in the third round of the draft.

Mark My Words:Duke Williams will lead country in TD receptions.

MMW: Troy upsets North Carolina State.

MMW: Nick Saban will blame losing to us on the jumbotron.

MMW: Cam wins the super bowl and MVP

MMW: 1.OSU 2.TCU 3.AU and 4.USC will be the playoffs and ultimately we win.

MMW: LSU finishes last in West.

MMW: Baylor loses to Kansas State and TCU

MMW: West finishes: 1. Auburn 2. Ole Miss 3. Bama 4. Texas A&M 5. Arkansas 6. MSU 7. LSU

MMW: East finishes: 1. Tennessee 2. Georgia 3. Mizzou 4. USC 5. Kentucky 6. Florida 7. Vanderbilt

MMW: Tammy on the Paul Finebaum Show gets sent to a mental institution and we never have to hear her version of War Damn Eagle again.....

MMW: AU Wins 10 Games

MMW: JJ has 1000 yards rushing

MMW: Defense ranks in top 20

MMW: 3 rushers with 800+ yards

Just gonna say that if we have a top 20 defense, we're winning a heck of a lot more than ten games

1. There will be a mention of FSU and/or the 2013 NC in at least half of our games

2. There will be a mention of Cameron Newton in every game period

3. There will be a mention of Nick Marshall, Sammie Coates, or Tre Mason in a third of our games

15%20Sideline%20Warning.jpg

What

Sorry :dunno: it was there in the rules . . .

In any case, here are the rules:

No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

Mark My Words: Carl Lawson will go to New York as a top two Heisman Finalist

Mark My Words: Alabama will lose Iron Bowl 3-9 with one of biggest defensive battles in either school's history

Mark My Words: Caitlin Jenner will emcee as grande dame for the Senior Olympics

Mark My Words: Citing health concerns Nick Saban will resign to become Paul's sidekick on the SEC Network (immediately after season's end).

Mark My Words: Lane Kiffin takes over reins knowing the NCAA never looks too long nor too hard in T-town.

Mark My Word: Alabama will finish 4th in the West

Mark My Word: Florida beats TN and GA

Mark My Word: Myron Burton leads all Auburn receivers in yards this year

MMW: JJ runs for over 1000 and passes for over 3000 yards

MMW: Michael Dyer is mentioned atleast 3 times by announcers during kick off classic

MMW: 4 or more SEC coaching vacancies after this season

MMW: 5 AU underclassman declare for the NFL draft

MMW: Muschamp signs new contract after season with raise and extension

THAT is heart of Satan coffee strong. June Jones went 1-11 his first season at SMU (lone win was Texas St.) and was retained.

SMU won just one game again last season. Only way Morris is one and done is if he goes winless. And he still might be retained.

THAT is heart of Satan coffee strong. June Jones went 1-11 his first season at SMU (lone win was Texas St.) and was retained.

SMU won just one game again last season. Only way Morris is one and done is if he goes winless. And he still might be retained.

Sorry for not specific. He'll be HC at Clemson or any team from Power 5 next year.

Time out from the predictions for an important grammatical clarification.

Is it Mark My Word or Mark My Words?

Both have been used in this thread. Without counting, it seems pretty close to a 50-50 split.

I always heard the expression in the plural, emphasizing that these words I am saying are something you can count on. Using "mark my word" seems to be in the sense of "you have my word on this," i.e., I'm making you a promise. I don't think either is wrong, but I think we should pick one and be consistent. DaddyBoy has been using Mark My Word in the thread title for a decade now, but posters have been using the plural for just as long. What say you?

Archived